Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pretty girl seeking a rich husband got a shocking Investment banker's reply

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 3 years ago by sully16.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #125918
March 31, 2012
362 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2014, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Not sure if a CEO has the time to reply to such things, but this is surely fun to read!lol
A young and pretty lady posted this on a popular forum:
Title: What should I do to marry a rich guy?

I’m going to be honest of what I’m going to say here. I’m 25 this year. I’m very pretty, have style and good taste. I wish to marry a guy with $500k annual salary or above. You might say that I’m greedy, but an annual salary of $1M is considered only as middle class in New York.

My requirement is not high. Is there anyone in this forum who has an income of $500k annual salary? Are you all married? I wanted to ask: what should I do to marry rich persons like you?

Among those I’ve dated, the richest is $250k annual income, and it seems that this is my upper limit.
If someone is going to move into high cost residential area on the west of New York City Garden(?), $250k annual income is not enough.

I’m here humbly to ask a few questions:

1) Where do most rich bachelors hang out? (Please list down the names and addresses of bars, restaurant, gym)
2) Which age group should I target?
3) Why most wives of the riches are only average-looking? I’ve met a few girls who don’t have looks and are not interesting, but they are able to marry rich guys.
4) How do you decide who can be your wife, and who can only be your girlfriend? (my target now is to get married)
Ms. Pretty

A philosophical reply from CEO of J.P. Morgan when you continue!

Dear Ms. Pretty,
I have read your post with great interest. Guess there are lots of girls out there who have similar questions like yours. Please allow me to analyse your situation as a professional investor.
My annual income is more than $500k, which meets your requirement, so I hope everyone believes that I’m not wasting time here.
From the standpoint of a business person, it is a bad decision to marry you. The answer is very simple, so let me explain.

Put the details aside, what you’re trying to do is an exchange of “beauty" and “money" : Person A provides beauty, and Person B pays for it, fair and square.
However, there’s a deadly problem here, your beauty will fade, but my money will not be gone without any good reason. The fact is, my income might increase from year to year, but you can’t be prettier year after year.

Hence from the viewpoint of economics, I am an appreciation asset, and you are a depreciation asset. It’s not just normal depreciation, but exponential depreciation. If that is your only asset, your value will be much worse 10 years later.

By the terms we use in Wall Street, every trading has a position, dating with you is also a “trading position".
If the trade value dropped we will sell it and it is not a good idea to keep it for long term - same goes with the marriage that you wanted. It might be cruel to say this, but in order to make a wiser decision any assets with great depreciation value will be sold or “leased".

Anyone with over $500k annual income is not a fool; we would only date you, but will not marry you. I would advice that you forget looking for any clues to marry a rich guy. And by the way, you could make yourself to become a rich person with $500k annual income.This has better chance than finding a rich fool.

Hope this reply helps.

signed,
J.P. Morgan CEO

ROFLROFLROFL

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
    Texas Panhandle
    United States
    Member #136843
    December 20, 2012
    1360 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2014, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

"...we would only date you..."

I believe that's a textbook case of a euphemism.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
      Member #121745
      January 16, 2012
      4945 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2014, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

"...we would only date you..."

I believe that's a textbook case of a euphemism.

lol....beauty fades....intelligence lasts much longer.

J'aime La France.

United States
        Member #147678
        October 9, 2013
        1354 Posts
        Posted: February 20, 2014, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

This was a greatvlaugh this evening.  Think the girl has watched pretty women to much lol..

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: February 20, 2014, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Even though there are plenty of gold diggers in NYC, this partiular one has been proven to be fictitious. I think I first saw it back in 2007 in Urban Legends article "Craigslist Gold Digger Meets Her Match"

That money's gone fo ever

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: February 20, 2014, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

I never thought tony was an antoÑia.

United States
              Member #125918
              March 31, 2012
              362 Posts
              Posted: February 20, 2014, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

I never thought tony was an antoÑia.

Haha NOT!Stooges

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                Whiskey Island
                United States
                Member #90216
                April 24, 2010
                12808 Posts
                Posted: February 20, 2014, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Texas Panhandle
                  United States
                  Member #136843
                  December 20, 2012
                  1360 Posts
                  Posted: February 21, 2014, 1:10 am - IP Logged

Even though there are plenty of gold diggers in NYC, this partiular one has been proven to be fictitious. I think I first saw it back in 2007 in Urban Legends article "Craigslist Gold Digger Meets Her Match"

Oh, I don't think it's an urban legend;  I once met this girl in a bar who told me the same story.  We then went back to my hotel room where she drugged my drink and I woke up the next morning in a bathtub full of ice and missing a kidney.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: February 21, 2014, 7:50 am - IP Logged

Oh, I don't think it's an urban legend;  I once met this girl in a bar who told me the same story.  We then went back to my hotel room where she drugged my drink and I woke up the next morning in a bathtub full of ice and missing a kidney.

That kidney is in the abdomen of some Wallstreet tycoon. Jester they appreciate your generosity

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                      Member #149820
                      December 9, 2013
                      644 Posts
                      Posted: February 21, 2014, 9:17 am - IP Logged

LOL sounds like a Craigslist rants and raves post...those are good for a laugh I recommend you check out your city's craigslist rant and rave section, you cannot say you were not entertained

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
                        Member #142777
                        May 18, 2013
                        263 Posts
                        Posted: February 21, 2014, 11:20 am - IP Logged

Over the years its been fun to watch these 50-59 year old bald headed pop gutted men going through a midlife crisis. They are driving around in brand new convertible corvette's with a hair sprayed comb over or toupee trying to attract the attention of young women with their money.  They needed that car when they were 25 years old not 55!

For women who gold dig just follow Mr. Baldy to the gas station and strike up a conversation.  Chances are once you get him to double dip he will fall in love and marry you!  Oh he's married?  Well he can either divorce his wife and marry you or pay you a one time lump sum "fee' not to call your wife!  Easy Money! ROFL

It reminds me of the words of Hugh Hefner: 

Interviewer: "you know those young women are only after you because of your money."

Hugh: "I don't care why they are after me as long as they are after me!" LOL 

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

Candlelight777's avatar - nw saucyelf.jpg
                          Indiana
                          United States
                          Member #150273
                          December 18, 2013
                          495 Posts
                          Posted: February 21, 2014, 11:49 am - IP Logged

These are the kind of people who will never know true beauty or riches No Nod

"Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip, conflict calms down.

Like adding charcoal to embers or wood to fire, quarrelsome people kindle strife."

Proverbs 26: 20-21

Texas Panhandle
                            United States
                            Member #136843
                            December 20, 2012
                            1360 Posts
                            Posted: February 21, 2014, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

That kidney is in the abdomen of some Wallstreet tycoon. Jester they appreciate your generosity

Better that than in a pie, I guess.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
                             - George Orwell

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4945 Posts
                              Posted: February 21, 2014, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

Let's not forget that "gold diggers" are not just women.  Men can be "gold diggers" as well.  They are kind of easy to spot....they brag/post about their prowess with women, going to the gym, drop a lot of off color and inappropriate sexual comments, and tell women they are nothing and useless without them. Of course this would not apply to 99% of the male LP Coffeemembers.

J'aime La France.