Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's the oddest lotto question you've been asked?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 3 years ago by DG1USA.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2014, 12:42 am - IP Logged

When there's a frenzy there's suddenly a whole bunch of new 'experts' and media hype and all kinds of odds comparisons but I'm not refering to those.

My wife and I know a guy who has been playing a long, long time, all the draw games. So the other day we bump into him and he asked if there are any prizes beside the jackpot!

Kind of floored us.

He plays his own numbers and QPs but I don't think he's ever read the back of a playslip.

How about you? Anyone asked you a question that kind of threw you for a loop?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3300 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2014, 3:27 am - IP Logged

im hoping that doesnt mean he tosses out any tickets with all  6 numbers on it?  man if its  mega million or powerball, next prize down is still pretty sweet.

<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2659 Posts
      Posted: February 26, 2014, 5:56 am - IP Logged

When there's a frenzy there's suddenly a whole bunch of new 'experts' and media hype and all kinds of odds comparisons but I'm not refering to those.

My wife and I know a guy who has been playing a long, long time, all the draw games. So the other day we bump into him and he asked if there are any prizes beside the jackpot!

Kind of floored us.

He plays his own numbers and QPs but I don't think he's ever read the back of a playslip.

oh geeeze ...... Green laugh

sounds like the kind of guy whos probably toss out millions in small change winners No Pity!

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
        TX
        United States
        Member #121193
        January 4, 2012
        1637 Posts
        Posted: February 26, 2014, 9:48 am - IP Logged

The Mrs asked me one day, " When you win the lottery you aren't plan in trading me in for a younger model are you"?

I kindly replied as I walked outside to mow the lawn
        ,"oh NO dear.....................................................................not yet" Naughty

Got a frozen Swanson chicken pot pie for dinner What?

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2659 Posts
          Posted: February 26, 2014, 9:53 am - IP Logged

The Mrs asked me one day, " When you win the lottery you aren't plan in trading me in for a younger model are you"?

,"oh NO dear.....................................................................not yet" Naughty

hehehehehe .....

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
            Kentucky
            United States
            Member #35086
            March 12, 2006
            10374 Posts
            Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:56 am - IP Logged

A   friend  of  mine's   wife   ,   asked   him  the  same  question  awhile  back

He  told  her    "   Yea  ,   I  am  gonna  trade  you  in  for   two   20's   "   

She  told   him       "  You  aint  wired   for    220 "     Smile   

He  dont  say  much  about   it   anymore  Smile

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: February 26, 2014, 11:32 am - IP Logged

Kind of floored us.

Someone asked me once " What if your lottery cheque bounces?" I still think they were kidding though.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: February 26, 2014, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

A   friend  of  mine's   wife   ,   asked   him  the  same  question  awhile  back

He  told  her    "   Yea  ,   I  am  gonna  trade  you  in  for   two   20's   "   

LOL!  Thumbs Up

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7712 Posts
                  Posted: February 26, 2014, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

"Have you won the jackpot?" as I'm standing next to my '95 Saturn. Big Grin

Uh.....no.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                    Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #35086
                    March 12, 2006
                    10374 Posts
                    Posted: February 26, 2014, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Uh.....no.

Smile

I  could  do  that  with  my   95 '    Buick 

Still  runs  like  a  top  though   Thumbs Up

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4791 Posts
                      Posted: February 26, 2014, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Kind of floored us.

I had the same experience CT. This one woman in my office (and office filled with professionally degreed people who are supposed to ask questions and have some reasoning skills, etc....lol) buys a ticket when PB or MM is high (QP). I asked her one day if she won anything and she said "you mean you can win other prizes for fewer than 6 numbers???" She had been tossing her tickets after hearing where the JP was won.  I was stunned. It would seem like anyone would at least go to the internet and do 3 seconds of homework there. Still speechless on this 2 months later.Type

J'aime La France.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                        Economy class
                        Belgium
                        Member #123700
                        February 27, 2012
                        4035 Posts
                        Posted: February 26, 2014, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

What are the numbers? Big Grin Santa

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
                          Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                          United States
                          Member #50210
                          March 1, 2007
                          843 Posts
                          Posted: February 27, 2014, 10:59 am - IP Logged

I had the same experience CT. This one woman in my office (and office filled with professionally degreed people who are supposed to ask questions and have some reasoning skills, etc....lol) buys a ticket when PB or MM is high (QP). I asked her one day if she won anything and she said "you mean you can win other prizes for fewer than 6 numbers???" She had been tossing her tickets after hearing where the JP was won.  I was stunned. It would seem like anyone would at least go to the internet and do 3 seconds of homework there. Still speechless on this 2 months later.Type

Wow?! talk about crazy! even though I seldom play, I still take the time to check my tickets. It may be several days later but I do verify that I indeed have a non winner.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

sully16's avatar - sharan
                            Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40469 Posts
                            Posted: February 27, 2014, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Uh.....no.

lol, Could always say, Hey ! Look at my Antique.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
                              Wisconsin
                              United States
                              Member #104962
                              January 23, 2011
                              1075 Posts
                              Posted: February 27, 2014, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

LOL!  I like that one.