Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do people like their state lottery draw games?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:28 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Just curious to know what people think of their state lottery games? I'm in Mass and if I just count Mass draw games only, then we have Mass Cash with top prize of 100,000 for getting 5 numbers out of 35 or Megabucks Doubler where you have to get 6 out of 49 and prizes are not too high on that game. We do have Lucky for Life but that is played in other New England states as well so it's not just a Mass game. I am not someone who plays pick 3 or pick 4 since I would prefer to play games with bigger prizes. When I hear about other state lottery draw games in places like Ohio, Florida, New York etc. it seems like in those states a person could win in the millions and we don't have that same kind of draw game in this state. Don't get me wrong I would love to win 100,000 on Mass Cash (the most I've won is 10 dollars playing it). Also I like Lucky for Life where the top prize is 1,000 a day for life (or you can take a lump sum) and 2nd prize on that game is 25,000 a year for life or the lump sum of 390,000 before taxes. Since that is played in other states I don't consider that a Mass game only and wish it didn't cost 2 dollars to play. It just seems like some states have better draw games than my state does. People rarely win the jackpot on Megabucks Doubler or Lucky for Life. Just wondered what other people think?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2014, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Tennessee's games are always lame.

And the hillfolk ain't allowed to win.

Just them flatlanders out west.

Orders of the Dragon Lady.

But it don't make no nevermind nohow.

Cuz we play in Virginia anyway.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
      TX
      United States
      Member #121193
      January 4, 2012
      1637 Posts
      Posted: February 26, 2014, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Texas has pretty good games/payouts..Texas lotto goes up only 250K at lower amounts, might like to see that improve a smidge.....Scratchers are pretty good..no complaints from this player Thumbs Up

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

United States
        Member #122468
        February 1, 2012
        530 Posts
        Posted: February 26, 2014, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Hi rdgrnr,

I always like your replies, can always use a good laugh. I've heard your state is not the greatest for playing the lottery so I can understand if you play in Virginia.

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #77815
          August 1, 2009
          3459 Posts
          Posted: February 26, 2014, 11:19 am - IP Logged

I love the Florida Lottery.

Guess Who's Back?

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4102 Posts
            Posted: February 26, 2014, 11:30 am - IP Logged

California games are OK-there is no  tax on lottery winnings, but you get nailed on State Tax on other goods, its trade off.. .l guess.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: February 26, 2014, 11:56 am - IP Logged

Hi rdgrnr,

I always like your replies, can always use a good laugh. I've heard your state is not the greatest for playing the lottery so I can understand if you play in Virginia.

Thank ya kindly, shyguitar.

Yeah, I buy all my state games in Virginia cuz they have real ball drawings instead of the fake computer "drawings" Tennessee has.

I'll even occasionally buy Kentucky Lottery tickets at their stand at the Kentucky State Fair.

They're usually set up between the "Deep-Fried Breaded Margarine Sticks" and the Pavillion where they hold "The Loudest Fart In Kentucky" contest.

United States
                Member #122468
                February 1, 2012
                530 Posts
                Posted: February 26, 2014, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I buy all my state games in Virginia cuz they have real ball drawings instead of the fake computer "drawings" Tennessee has.

I'll even occasionally buy Kentucky Lottery tickets at their stand at the Kentucky State Fair.

They're usually set up between the "Deep-Fried Breaded Margarine Sticks" and the Pavillion where they hold "The Loudest Fart In Kentucky" contest.

Hi rdgrnr,

Love the "Deep-Fried and the "Loudest Fart". I've heard of some fairs that will deep fry just about anything.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
                  Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #35086
                  March 12, 2006
                  10374 Posts
                  Posted: February 26, 2014, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Your   Killin '  me   Ridge     ROFL    Green laugh    LOL

Yep............thats  why  I  dont  go  to  the  Kentucky  State  Fair  anymore 

I  sure  miss  those   "  Deep-Fried  Breaded  Margarine  Sticks  "  though  Unhappy   

You  kinda  had  to  eat   those  fast

I  sure  dont  miss  the   Pavillion   though 

I  remember   one  year  the  Ky. lottery  set their stand up too close to the  Pavillion , and a lot of their  scratch off tickets got damaged  Scared

Last time I was up there , I noticed that they had moved the stand farther on down  the roll  Yes Nod

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19816 Posts
                    Posted: February 26, 2014, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

Ohio have several great games and most have live ball drawings. 

Ohio's Rolling Cash5(5/39) starts at $100K and rolls everyday until it's won.  It's usually won about 5-8 times every month with jackpots of $100-$500K.

Ohio's Classic Lotto(6/49) starts at $1M and rolls $100K+ every drawing until it's won.  It can go a year or more before it's won and right now it's at $61M+ which makes it among the top three jackpots in the country with the best odds of winning to boot.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                      Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #49980
                      February 21, 2007
                      34096 Posts
                      Posted: February 26, 2014, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

I like the Ohio Lottery Games because right now you get a Bonus for the Red ball if it shows.. 10% I think?

If the white balls show you get nothing!  Only for the Pick 3 Games for Ohio it is limited right now.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                        Los Angeles, California
                        United States
                        Member #103813
                        January 5, 2011
                        1530 Posts
                        Posted: February 26, 2014, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

California games are OK-there is no  tax on lottery winnings, but you get nailed on State Tax on other goods, its trade off.. .l guess.

Thumbs Down Our California games are stale, haven't been updated in ages. Many other states are being innovative and creative with new games, but not us here in CA. We should take some cues from best of other states:

Daily 3/4 - Need to up the payout above 50% to 60% like many states have, or add the Plus Fireball feature that Illinois has on their Pick 3/4 that also ups the total payout to 60-62%.

Fantasy 5 - Need to increase the matrix, not properly sized for the playing population. Puny starting amount $50,000 gets won too often. Should change from 5/39 to 5/42 matrix and start jackpot at $100,000.

Daily Derby - Get rid of it. Horrible $2 game. Replace it with the All or Nothing game like Texas and many other states have been adding.

Maybe look at one of these new class of multiple line 4 of 4 games like MO Triple Play and AZ Weekly Winnings. Don't know what you call 'em: Multi-4-Play? Confused

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                          Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4102 Posts
                          Posted: February 26, 2014, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

I said " OK" not great. In your post you did mention " fantasy 5 which starts at $50k  is won too often", for folk who never win at anything, that's great. Daily Derby is total crap, l have yet to see anyone purchase a ticket, l kid you not.
                          Overall your assessment of the games are right on. Stale, not Great- but ok.
                          See- l was right.

Party

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                            Massachusetts
                            United States
                            Member #37433
                            April 14, 2006
                            2747 Posts
                            Posted: February 26, 2014, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

I like Mass Cash and Megabucks Doubler. Lucky For Life is not my game.

That money's gone fo ever

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                              Los Angeles, California
                              United States
                              Member #103813
                              January 5, 2011
                              1530 Posts
                              Posted: February 26, 2014, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

I said " OK" not great. In your post you did mention " fantasy 5 which starts at $50k  is won too often", for folk who never win at anything, that's great. Daily Derby is total crap, l have yet to see anyone purchase a ticket, l kid you not.
                              Overall your assessment of the games are right on. Stale, not Great- but ok.
                              See- l was right.

Party

OK, I interpreted your OK like a waitress asking, "is everything OK?"

Fantasy 5 gets won every other day, many times at only $50K and then gets split by multiple winners. I only suggest changing the matrix slightly to 5/42 so it will average a few wins a week,(every 3-4 days or so) starting at $100K and then rolling to half a million will be more common.

Right now our CA Fantasy 5 matrix of 5/39 is too small for the size of state and player base, unless we get split up into 6 parts like billionaire Tim Draper wants. Wink