Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should you win the lottery: is there a country you absolutely will not visit & why?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 3 years ago by OldSchoolPa.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #121745
January 16, 2012
4784 Posts
Posted: February 28, 2014, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

A burka and some dark sunglasses might be a good disguise for a future lottery winner/artist claiming her prize Wink

lol lol  I would have to decorate the burka.

J'aime La France.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4784 Posts
    Posted: February 28, 2014, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Jill34786,

Maybe, maybe not. Such a disguise may draw Al Qaeda's interest and they'd hit the winner up for a huge 'donation.'

Don't know if it's urban legend or not, but some people say it's already happened somewhere.

Artist77, Jon D,

Regardless of the particular religion, there's something wrong with any fundamentalist group that wants to keep the women completely covered up but yet treat them like breeders.

lol Call me Al Quaeda.....living where I live, I'd love to tell them off and how we celebrated the death of Osama.

J'aime La France.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4102 Posts
      Posted: March 1, 2014, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

I'd stay away from the Axis of Evil...plus Afghanistan/Pakistan.

Why? Because they suck!

P.S. Is Vladivostok a country?

No JD- Vladivostok is an island off the Coast of Spain.
      I should have added " cities" as well, but l was being specific in this instance since l would like to visit places such as St Petersburg etc.
      Definitive enough?

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
        Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #103813
        January 5, 2011
        1530 Posts
        Posted: March 1, 2014, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

No JD- Vladivostok is an island off the Coast of Spain.
        I should have added " cities" as well, but l was being specific in this instance since l would like to visit places such as St Petersburg etc.
        Definitive enough?

Vladivostok is an island off the Coast of Spain. 

Spain??? Confused

Gee...I didn't know the Ruskies invaded Spain and renamed an island there. I know they are invading Crimea, Ukraine, but didn't know that Spain had fallen also.

And here I thought we defeated Communism... No Nod

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4102 Posts
          Posted: March 1, 2014, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Vladivostok is an island off the Coast of Spain. 

Spain??? Confused

Gee...I didn't know the Ruskies invaded Spain and renamed an island there. I know they are invading Crimea, Ukraine, but didn't know that Spain had fallen also.

And here I thought we defeated Communism... No Nod

Oh JD- where is your sense of humor? Did you not make the connection when l mentioned" St Petersburg"?

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
            Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #103813
            January 5, 2011
            1530 Posts
            Posted: March 1, 2014, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

Oh JD- where is your sense of humor? Did you not make the connection when l mentioned" St Petersburg"?

Now you're talking Florida? Boy, you are a world travelin' maniac. Patriot

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
              Gurnee, Illinois
              United States
              Member #49731
              February 12, 2007
              917 Posts
              Posted: March 1, 2014, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Personally: Any country hostile to America/ Americans.
              I will also stay the heck away from Vladivostok- **too darn cold.

** Continue to have a Great Weekend People.

I will travel the globe when I win the jackpot. I hope to be able to visit most every country in the world but here is my list of countries I will pass on for now and the associated reason(s):

1.  North Korea - I see no good reason to visit there

2.  Afghanistan - See reason for North Korea

3.  Antarctica (I know that is a continent) - Nothing but ice and cold...no thank you.

4.  Pakistan - They harbored OBL and SBs are a real threat...no thank you.

5.  Saudi Arabia - 9/11 dude...9/11. Oh and the black robes women have to wear.

6.  Yemen - Hotbed for budding terrorists...no thank you.

7.  Syria - Only a rich fool would go there, and my mother did not raise any fools.

8.  Libya - If they killed our Ambassador, what do you think they would do to my B!@*% @$$! No thank you.

9.  Central Africa Republic - Too much unrest, not enough upside.

10. Mexico - Their government has no respect for American sovereignty...they think this is the United States of Mexico. Mexico won't see one red cent of my jackpot winnings and I would research every product I buy to ensure it was not manufactured in Mexico. ABM - Anywhere But Mexico.

11. Iran - I love their rugs but can't trust their government...so no tourist dollars will I spend going there.

12. Venezuela - They killed one of their former beauty pageant winners...enuf said!

13. Chicago - I currently live near Chicago but will move away shortly after I win. Yes I know Chicago is not a country.

Everywhere else is fair game. I have passport, now I just need to win the jackpot.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!