Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why won't Ga Lottery show locations and amount of unclaimed tickets

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Duchess69.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Duchess69's avatar - Lottery-051.jpg

United States
Member #109074
April 5, 2011
3516 Posts
Posted: March 2, 2014, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

a straight rip off that's why high way robbery.........If its some where were I can find it please let me know Florida show theirs I'm just saying......

Keep smiling  keep Sun Smiley knowing you can't always count on me forsure that's what friends are for.....

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19815 Posts
    Posted: March 2, 2014, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

a straight rip off that's why high way robbery.........If its some where were I can find it please let me know Florida show theirs I'm just saying......

Why should they when it's may be part of the the verification process for the players claiming the prizes to identify where they brought their tickets? 

It could be like putting an ad in the lost and found stating "If anyone lost $5000 in $20 bills in a green bag at Board and High last week at 2:15 PM then notify the authorities and claim it", there would all kinds of scammers coming forward saying they lost it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2014, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

It's the Curse of The Dragon Lady.

A few of The Dragon Lady's tentacles are still wrapped around the Georgia Lottery.

She just can't let go.

It is said that sometimes you can hear her cackling when a losing ticket is checked in a terminal.

United States
        Member #109074
        April 5, 2011
        3516 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2014, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

Why should they when it's may be part of the the verification process for the players claiming the prizes to identify where they brought their tickets? 

It could be like putting an ad in the lost and found stating "If anyone lost $5000 in $20 bills in a green bag at Board and High last week at 2:15 PM then notify the authorities and claim it", there would all kinds of scammers coming forward saying they lost it.

Yes but what about people who purchase tickets just cause they support education and forgot they bought it just like the guy

That was cleaning his room this week and can across a ticket he forgot he purchased. Also once people purchase their ticket the lottery got they money up front that's why........

Keep smiling  keep Sun Smiley knowing you can't always count on me forsure that's what friends are for.....

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2014, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Yes but what about people who purchase tickets just cause they support education and forgot they bought it just like the guy

That was cleaning his room this week and can across a ticket he forgot he purchased. Also once people purchase their ticket the lottery got they money up front that's why........

Nobody buys a lottery ticket just to support education.

Anybody who tells you they do is a liar.

United States
            Member #109074
            April 5, 2011
            3516 Posts
            Posted: March 2, 2014, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

yes your right but that's part of the reason,anyway all I'm saying is it's not taking anything off of them to do so.....

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19815 Posts
              Posted: March 2, 2014, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Even if the ticket is never claimed the part of profit that goes to education is still collected by the state and the retailer who sold the ticket still gets his commission.  It's just the ticket buyer who loses.  In fact the state gets his share too, so it all works out for everybody but the ticket buyer and that's his own fault for not protecting and checking his ticket.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19815 Posts
                Posted: March 2, 2014, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Losers got to have something to feel good about after foolishly losing so much money chasing a dream.

Evil Looking       

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5586 Posts
                  Posted: March 2, 2014, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

I don't feel sorry for someone so stupid that they forget they bought a ticket or forget to check it. Chances are pretty good they aren't going to check the lottery website to see if they have a ticket that's unclaimed.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

mightwin's avatar - questns

United States
                    Member #103786
                    January 5, 2011
                    486 Posts
                    Posted: March 2, 2014, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Some states do and some don't.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7295 Posts
                      Posted: March 2, 2014, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

Some states do and some don't.

Some will mention a large value ticket that wasn't claimed on their website and might say where the ticket was sold. The smaller unclaimed prizes under $100 are never mentioned and those tickets amount to much more total.

mightwin's avatar - questns

United States
                        Member #103786
                        January 5, 2011
                        486 Posts
                        Posted: March 2, 2014, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Some will mention a large value ticket that wasn't claimed on their website and might say where the ticket was sold. The smaller unclaimed prizes under $100 are never mentioned and those tickets amount to much more total.

True, but do you know how long that list would be! I dont think people would even bother to look at it for a small prize. I know I hated scrolling through the list, hundreds of numbers long looking to see if I won on a raffle drawing and those numbers were in order.

United States
                          Member #109074
                          April 5, 2011
                          3516 Posts
                          Posted: March 2, 2014, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

that's what I'm talking about just jackpot games......