Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery software buggy?...

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Turbo996.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Livermore, CA
United States
Member #152910
March 1, 2014
18 Posts
Posted: March 4, 2014, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Playing 2nd chance here in CA and after entering some ticket numbers the total number of submissions entered for the month is updated.

However, when a new month rolls around and I use the previous month filter to look at my submissions for the month just past the total is wrong, always less. In one case the total is short by 12. In another case, another month, it was short by 67.

Might mention I have observed the same wrong behavior using my Apple MacBook Pro and my Thinkpad with two different web browsers, operating systems.

I have reported this to the CA Lottery along with screen shots and print outs.  At the same time I have questioned how I can be sure all my submissions are in play when the totals are not correct and consistent. Of course, I'm assured all my submissions are in play -- what else would the lottery say? -- but I have my doubts. I mean how can one know or not know?

Anyone else noticed anything amiss with the CA lottery web software and 2nd chance?

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
    Los Angeles, California
    United States
    Member #149492
    December 2, 2013
    919 Posts
    Posted: March 4, 2014, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I never used the last month filter until I read your post this morning.  Sure enough, my submissions for last month is 18 short of what I entered if I use the filter.  I hope everything is in play as they say.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
      Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #149492
      December 2, 2013
      919 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2014, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

My overall total is correct.  I think they may have the cut-off date wrong on the filter.  I just counted how many entries I submitted on February 28th. It was 18, the same amount short when using the "last month" filter.

Livermore, CA
        United States
        Member #152910
        March 1, 2014
        18 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2014, 12:38 am - IP Logged

My January and February totals are correct if I go to My Submissions page and count the # of entries on the 1st page with submisions in the month of interest, then walk backwards 1 page and 25 submissions at a time until I get to a page with the last of the submissions for the month of interest then add up the two partial pages of submissions and the number of pages with 25 submissions each.