Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LottteryPost players should start a LotteryPool?

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 3 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #153280
March 11, 2014
23 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2014, 2:06 am - IP Logged

We should all chip in an equal amount. Play Powerball and Mega Millions when it reaches over $100 million. It should be noted there should be a trustworthy Leader, who can handle transaction of money over the internet, be score keeper of who chipped in, list of players who are participating. All small amount of money won should be re-invested back into the game. E-mails should be sent to each player with all the information I mentioned and all tickets purchased should be included with it. So whos up for it.

DOWNSIDE- SPLIT JACKPOT WITH MULTIABLE PLAYERS

BENIFITS- GREATER CHANCE OF WINNING, LESS MONEY RISK TO INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS

MADDOG seems like a good canidate to lead. But I dont know if he wants to take responibililty

United States
    Member #149820
    December 9, 2013
    644 Posts
    Posted: March 17, 2014, 10:51 am - IP Logged

We'd have to send a photo or something when we sign up otherwise anybody could say "oh yeah Im that person". I dont know if it would even work though

The land of Canals
      United States
      Member #137589
      January 7, 2013
      168 Posts
      Posted: March 17, 2014, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I'm interested. Lep

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” 
       Steve Martin

Cool

boston,ma
        United States
        Member #150102
        December 15, 2013
        112 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2014, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

I would be interested as well.

new jersey
          United States
          Member #150815
          December 31, 2013
          513 Posts
          Posted: March 17, 2014, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

wont  work   so  please  get   real

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4111 Posts
            Posted: March 17, 2014, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

I agree.
            The logistical aspects of this adventure is mind boggling, simply put: it won't work.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10354 Posts
              Posted: March 17, 2014, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

There's already been plenty of controversy and aggravation among people who played in a pool all in the same physical location.

"I played every drawing, they didn't ask me this time....." etc...ad nauseam.

To attempt a pool via the internet would be nothing but pure insanity.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                Member #145267
                August 1, 2013
                1534 Posts
                Posted: March 17, 2014, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

It will not work.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5124 Posts
                  Posted: March 17, 2014, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

We should all chip in an equal amount. Play Powerball and Mega Millions when it reaches over $100 million. It should be noted there should be a trustworthy Leader, who can handle transaction of money over the internet, be score keeper of who chipped in, list of players who are participating. All small amount of money won should be re-invested back into the game. E-mails should be sent to each player with all the information I mentioned and all tickets purchased should be included with it. So whos up for it.

MADDOG seems like a good canidate to lead. But I dont know if he wants to take responibililty

Thumbs UpI Agree!  Thumbs Up>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PartyGREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benifits:

(1) Greater CHANCE of WINNING, LESS MONEY RISK to INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS!!!!!!

(2) Less RESPONSIBILITY to INDIVIDUAL PLAYER. BLAME UR LOSSES on OTHERS!

(3) Moral BOOSTER. It would BE HOPE and CHANGE for UR chance 2BA WINNER!!!

Sun SmileySun SmileySun Smiley

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
                    Jacksonville, Florida
                    United States
                    Member #140364
                    March 17, 2013
                    195 Posts
                    Posted: March 17, 2014, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Dont thing it would work, but S+G, how much to buy in?

Might I recommend the tickets bought in a state that does not have state taxes? But then again, a state like Ga will issue up to 20 checks if its a pool of players.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: March 17, 2014, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Might I recommend the tickets bought in a state that does not have state taxes? But then again, a state like Ga will issue up to 20 checks if its a pool of players.

If I ever get lucky and win, my state won't have worry about issuing more than one check, none of the headache of dealing with multiple partners who paid or had intentions of paying but didn't get around to it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7322 Posts
                        Posted: March 17, 2014, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Buying the tickets in non lottery tax state is a good idea except for the players living in tax states who will still have to pay state taxes on their winnings.

United States
                          Member #153280
                          March 11, 2014
                          23 Posts
                          Posted: March 17, 2014, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

The Buy-in can be at $10 a piece or just as little as $1 per member to join. It should be made clear everyone has to give the same amount. We might face adversity, some members way want to play there own set of numbers rather then quick picks. So the leader has to keep track of that.

United States
                            Member #124493
                            March 14, 2012
                            7023 Posts
                            Posted: March 17, 2014, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

The Buy-in can be at $10 a piece or just as little as $1 per member to join. It should be made clear everyone has to give the same amount. We might face adversity, some members way want to play there own set of numbers rather then quick picks. So the leader has to keep track of that.

It might be better to have "several" pools competing.  That might take the pressure off any one pool.

And that way each pool can "choose" its members, you know like playground style.  And the last person chosen has to fill in the playslips.Razz

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                              Jacksonville Florida
                              United States
                              Member #23018
                              October 6, 2005
                              918 Posts
                              Posted: March 17, 2014, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

Upside Press Release:

"The latest PowerBall millionaires are from a 124 member Lottery Post lottery pool. The $405 million dollar jackpot will be split evenly between this group of lucky Lottery Winners..."

Downside Press Release:

"Last week's PowerBall winners, 124 members of the Lottery Post lottery pool, are being sued by 18 other participants in the Lottery Post Forums claiming they have a right to share in the millions won by the Lottery Post lottery pool. Nine people claimed they always participated but for various reasons didn't get their money for the winning drawing in on time. Five people claim that the group used their numbers. Two members did not specify why they are suing other than saying they were at odds with a member of the winner's group. One person suing, choosing to remain anonymous, simple said 'Honestly, I am so jealous I could die.' "