Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:00 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Even if you don't play often do you always think about the lottery?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 3 years ago by jjtheprince.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2014, 9:20 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if people who do not play often still think about the lottery a lot? Even though I've cut way down on my playing I think about the lottery all the time. I'm always trying to think of different ways that I could someday win something and still stay on my budget.  The losses are not getting me down like they use to because what I lose by playing now I can afford to lose. Some of my friends think that I'm obsessed with the lottery because I talk about it often. I'm usually looking up my states lottery website to see who has won big prizes and in what towns they were won in.  I'm even thinking of spending time picking numbers on draw games instead of just using QP's. Realize it takes more effort to spend the time to pick my own numbers but those times I did that I won more than using QP's.  It looks like some people who respond to posts don't play often but like to stay in the game. It seems I'm the kind of person who thinks of the lottery often but will always stay on the realistic side of knowing I will always have to work till I die. Lottery is a way for me to daydream about the what if scenario and how life changing that could be.

United States
    Member #149820
    December 9, 2013
    644 Posts
    Posted: March 17, 2014, 10:49 am - IP Logged

LOL I think about winning all the time. About every other minute Im thinking about it

United States
      Member #122468
      February 1, 2012
      530 Posts
      Posted: March 17, 2014, 11:13 am - IP Logged

LOL I think about winning all the time. About every other minute Im thinking about it

Hi Shelby Mustang,

LOL. Glad to know we are on the same page.

Gliter's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
        Member #153438
        March 16, 2014
        17 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2014, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Same, constantly thinking how i`m going to spend the money.

Good things come to those who wait.

Freedom777's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
          Virginia
          United States
          Member #133410
          September 29, 2012
          163 Posts
          Posted: March 17, 2014, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

I am constantly thinking of new strategies to try, and reading stories about others that have won.

I review past winning lottery numbers; hoping inspiration will strike, and the winning numbers will just pop into my head for the next lottery drawing :)

$$ provides more freedom, options and choices.

United States
            Member #149820
            December 9, 2013
            644 Posts
            Posted: March 17, 2014, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

I am constantly thinking of new strategies to try, and reading stories about others that have won.

I review past winning lottery numbers; hoping inspiration will strike, and the winning numbers will just pop into my head for the next lottery drawing :)

Especially when I have an unexpected bill or needed car or household repair

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
              Mcminnville, Oregon
              United States
              Member #3013
              December 13, 2003
              3092 Posts
              Posted: March 17, 2014, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if people who do not play often still think about the lottery a lot? Even though I've cut way down on my playing I think about the lottery all the time. I'm always trying to think of different ways that I could someday win something and still stay on my budget.  The losses are not getting me down like they use to because what I lose by playing now I can afford to lose. Some of my friends think that I'm obsessed with the lottery because I talk about it often. I'm usually looking up my states lottery website to see who has won big prizes and in what towns they were won in.  I'm even thinking of spending time picking numbers on draw games instead of just using QP's. Realize it takes more effort to spend the time to pick my own numbers but those times I did that I won more than using QP's.  It looks like some people who respond to posts don't play often but like to stay in the game. It seems I'm the kind of person who thinks of the lottery often but will always stay on the realistic side of knowing I will always have to work till I die. Lottery is a way for me to daydream about the what if scenario and how life changing that could be.

I hear what you are saying shyguitar.  There are times I want to go outside of my lotto budget to play like I use too.  Like $10 mega millions tickets and $15 powerball tickets but that adds up and then soon I am over my budget.  So I just stick to my multi draw tickets at the beginning of each month because it covers the whole month.  Then if I win a prize I can spend that extra on lotto but usually I just get drinks like powerade with the extra cash.  This year I have saved bye buying the multi draw tickets because I have one set of mega millions ticket that I like to play and two sets of powerball that I like to play.  They are all my own picked numbers to keep in the game so hopefully they will come in soon.-weshar75

US Flag

United States
                Member #106134
                February 13, 2011
                806 Posts
                Posted: March 18, 2014, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Yep, lottery winners are the only ones getting ahead!