Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has Anyone played EuroMillions online?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 3 years ago by bigbuckswede.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #153280
March 11, 2014
23 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2014, 12:54 am - IP Logged

How does it work, will I get a printout of my ticket? Do I have to be a resident of a European country to play? I heard theres no taxes in some countries, but will I pay local and government taxes here in the U.S. And what if I win a small prize like $20, how do I claim that? Thanks....

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19911 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2014, 2:56 am - IP Logged

maybe just mail it in seems pretty safe US Flag

Let it Snow Snowman

Gliter's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
      Member #153438
      March 16, 2014
      17 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2014, 8:38 am - IP Logged

How does it work, will I get a printout of my ticket? Do I have to be a resident of a European country to play? I heard theres no taxes in some countries, but will I pay local and government taxes here in the U.S. And what if I win a small prize like $20, how do I claim that? Thanks....

Yes, you have to be living with us good looking europeans to play it.

Good things come to those who wait.

London
        United Kingdom
        Member #148675
        November 8, 2013
        54 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2014, 9:31 am - IP Logged

To play Euromillions Lottery you have to be a resident of one of the nine participating countries. Those online website who offer the lottery outside the participating countrie are scams as you can't really claim the price. You'll have to proof to have an address in one of those countries Switzerland , United Kingdom, France, Spain,Austria, Portugal, Luxembourg, Belgium. I know some who play online from Germany and Italy or cross the boarders to one of the nine countries but what they do is actually wasting there hard earnd money. 

Sorry for my English I'm a native Swiss -German speaker :-)

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
          USA
          United States
          Member #152799
          February 25, 2014
          1094 Posts
          Posted: March 20, 2014, 9:47 am - IP Logged

To play Euromillions Lottery you have to be a resident of one of the nine participating countries. Those online website who offer the lottery outside the participating countrie are scams as you can't really claim the price. You'll have to proof to have an address in one of those countries Switzerland , United Kingdom, France, Spain,Austria, Portugal, Luxembourg, Belgium. I know some who play online from Germany and Italy or cross the boarders to one of the nine countries but what they do is actually wasting there hard earnd money. 

Sorry for my English I'm a native Swiss -German speaker :-)

I have hears something similar. If someone in the United States were to win online, the jackpot prize would never be paid out due to their "rules".

bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
            Member #153629
            March 20, 2014
            129 Posts
            Posted: March 20, 2014, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

Hi.

My first post here at LP.

Euro Millions is a game shared by many countries in europe, not my country though. I believe that Euromilions and other sites that sell this game in Europe have their rules of not allowing US players is because they simply cannot pay an US citizen. I'm sure they would if they could.

But you have your MM and Powerball, highly taxed for sure but still huge jackpots compared to here in Sweden.

bigbuckswede's avatar - Riksbanken 2010000.jpeg

Sweden
              Member #153629
              March 20, 2014
              129 Posts
              Posted: March 20, 2014, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

I forgot to say that it's impossible to play on any official site offering EuroMillions, even for me, if you not reside in the actual country. however, the unofficial sites that have similar names on web pages they include us other european residents but also exclude US residents. So even if one are to question these sites trustability, they still wont take your money if you are from US.