Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Programming

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 3 years ago by mmx1.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United Kingdom
Member #153652
March 21, 2014
3 Posts
Posted: March 21, 2014, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

I don't have any programming experience.I write out tables for the 'California Super Lotto Plus' on paper which is time consuming.I want to learn programming to speed up the time.What is the best software package  for calculating tables and charts? I want a more automated method than 'Excell' I have Window 8 32 bit

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
    Park City, UT
    United States
    Member #69864
    January 18, 2009
    993 Posts
    Posted: March 21, 2014, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

I have used CodeJock's Toolkit Pro, and CodeJock's Chart Pro in the past.  You can create some modern looking tables (typically called grids) and charts with the software.  They are defintely not for the beginner though and are expensive.  Microsoft has the whole .NET but C # and object oriented programming is also not easy for a beginner.  Guess it depends on how motivated you are to learn the languages, SDK's and API's.  Once you do though you will not have to depend on someone else to implement your ideas.

Jimmy

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
      Economy class
      Belgium
      Member #123700
      February 27, 2012
      4035 Posts
      Posted: March 21, 2014, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Just google it! You will find many programs, from free over cheap to expensive. They probably all do something, but none ever produced sure winners.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19828 Posts
        Posted: March 22, 2014, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

I don't have any programming experience.I write out tables for the 'California Super Lotto Plus' on paper which is time consuming.I want to learn programming to speed up the time.What is the best software package  for calculating tables and charts? I want a more automated method than 'Excell' I have Window 8 32 bit

Learning to program is time consuming too.  No matter which way you looking it, studying the lottery takes time.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

mmx1's avatar - 8ball

Canada
          Member #90040
          April 20, 2010
          473 Posts
          Posted: March 22, 2014, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

Autoit is excellent to start with.

It is free, powerfull and has excellent help included.