Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:14 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Suspicion & Paranoia

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 3 years ago by speeddmon.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
orlando,fl
United States
Member #89879
April 17, 2010
153 Posts
Posted: March 22, 2014, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

I went and played my lottery tickets today at a store I frequent.

As the cashier was scanning my tickets they stopped after 2 and said the machine jammed.

They put the tickets in front of me that had scanned.

A few minutes passed and they gave me my other ticket. The ticket that caused the machine to jam just so happened to be my fantasy 5 ticket with ez match.

I was curious if I had won a large amount on the ticket and they printed another to keep that one.

I don't know if I am just paranoid from the horror stories I read on here about suspect cashiers and nothing happened. I don't know what to think.

Miami, Florida
    United States
    Member #111795
    June 2, 2011
    581 Posts
    Posted: March 22, 2014, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

As the cashier was scanning my tickets they stopped after 2 and said the machine jammed.

A few minutes passed and they gave me my other ticket. The ticket that caused the machine to jam just so happened to be my fantasy 5 ticket with ez match.

I was curious if I had won a large amount on the ticket and they printed another to keep that one.

I don't know if I am just paranoid from the horror stories I read on here about suspect cashiers and nothing happened. I don't know what to think.

I hope that wasn't the case-- check your tickets first yourself though! You can use the self-scan machines or check your numbers against those posted online or in the newspaper-- or the little printout at the store. Don't just blindly hand over your tickets!

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
      Jacksonville Florida
      United States
      Member #23018
      October 6, 2005
      932 Posts
      Posted: March 23, 2014, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Are you saying they were scanning already printed tickets or running the playslips to print new tickets?

You mentioned ez match on F5 so I would think you meant running the playslips to print new tickets? (since checking an ez match F5 ticket is simple as the numbers and matching numbers with dollar amounts are right on the ticket).

It's entirely possible that the machine did jam. It is also possible a less than honest clerk saw an ez match winner and decided to keep it. You can always let the lottery know of your suspicions. If they have had other complaints against that retailer that would further the cause for an investigation. If you have a ticket that was printed right before and after the "jam", then with the serial numbers on the tickets they could tell if a winner was generated in between.

I would also think the lottery terminal would store an error code for a jam with date and time and could even possibly transmit that to lottery HQ...

Port St Lucie
        United States
        Member #152236
        February 8, 2014
        17 Posts
        Posted: March 23, 2014, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Since I work behind the counter at my Publix and deal with the machines all the time, my store a long with other terminals in other stores have been experiencing a lot of problems with the printers actually printing tickets in the last two weeks, it would jam and stop printing what's queued. When it jams and stops on whatever ticket, it puts an astrix by the ticket on the screen, but doesn't do anything past that. It's a real pain in the butt when we have our regulars that play $50 of cash 3 / play 4 numbers and it jams on every play slip, typing in the numbers one by one is aggravating to say the least..

We've called the lotto office plenty of times and told them and they say that they already know about the problem and pretty much deal with it..

orlando,fl
          United States
          Member #89879
          April 17, 2010
          153 Posts
          Posted: March 24, 2014, 12:48 am - IP Logged

Yes they were printing out my play slips I had filled out. I always check my numbers on the website myself before I cash them in so I know exactly what I won. I was thinking of emailing the Florida Lottery about seeing if anyone had claimed a ezmatch winner using the same numbers I had but didn't know it was possible. I'm going to just chock this one up the machine jamming cause though especiall after Saaaaaamlsx declaration. But I will also be more vigilant in watching my tickets as they are scanned. I would stick with publix but there is always a line at their counter lol.