Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 5:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Neil Trotter the latest Euromillions Jackpot winner of $178m Tax Free

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Drenick1.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
London
United Kingdom
Member #148675
November 8, 2013
54 Posts
Posted: March 23, 2014, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Hi Folks, 

We have a new Euromillions Jackpot winner. He went public even tough he had the chance to remain anoymous. Would any of you do the same if you had the chance to stay anonym? The winner Neil Trotter last week will definitely regret it. I just read that he is a member of a british far right party (BNP )Why the heck did he go public? Does he get some financial guidence and help from Camelot in exchange for going public ? Anyway, he's not the only dummy who went public ..Adrian Bayford did the same and a lot of other winners. I personally would definitely not go public and be on the news every two weeks like Mr.Bayford who got cheated twice from his wife and now is marrying a new girl who is 20 years his senior... It would get on my nerves...

By the way, the lottery is random there was also another winner who got charged with rape 20 years a go and served I guess 10 years and won $10m on UK Lottery... So there's no such thing like good things come to good people unfortuately :(  ..I still hope it will one day for me Smile

Sorry for my English I'm native Swiss German speaker and moved to London 8 month a go for my studies :-)

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
    Los Angeles, California
    United States
    Member #149492
    December 2, 2013
    919 Posts
    Posted: March 23, 2014, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

NO.  In California, we have to claim as a natural person, so no trusts, as of last year.  However, we can decline media interviews and such.  Should I win a large jackpot, I will definitely not be photographed and will not partake in any interviews.  They will post my full name and where the ticket was purchased.  It's so backwards, when many states are trying to move towards anonymity for lottery winners.

I don't think the last $425 million PB winner in California claimed their prize yet.  It's been about month now.

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
      Nutley, New Jersey
      United States
      Member #131058
      August 1, 2012
      875 Posts
      Posted: March 23, 2014, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

The chance of being anonymous is okay but I'd much rather have the US governement make the lottery winnings completely tax free like in Europe and in Canada.

But with the US federal debt at $17 trillion and growing, it's not going to happen. Frown

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4144 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2014, 11:17 am - IP Logged

NO.  In California, we have to claim as a natural person, so no trusts, as of last year.  However, we can decline media interviews and such.  Should I win a large jackpot, I will definitely not be photographed and will not partake in any interviews.  They will post my full name and where the ticket was purchased.  It's so backwards, when many states are trying to move towards anonymity for lottery winners.

I don't think the last $425 million PB winner in California claimed their prize yet.  It's been about month now.

Really -No more Trusts?
        California loves to screw around with the rules.At one time it mentioned in their handbook that a winner CAN form a trust before claiming their prize  " but your name would still be out there as public disclosure".
        Gov Moonbeam's at it again.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
          USA
          United States
          Member #152799
          February 25, 2014
          1095 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2014, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

Hi Folks, 

We have a new Euromillions Jackpot winner. He went public even tough he had the chance to remain anoymous. Would any of you do the same if you had the chance to stay anonym? The winner Neil Trotter last week will definitely regret it. I just read that he is a member of a british far right party (BNP )Why the heck did he go public? Does he get some financial guidence and help from Camelot in exchange for going public ? Anyway, he's not the only dummy who went public ..Adrian Bayford did the same and a lot of other winners. I personally would definitely not go public and be on the news every two weeks like Mr.Bayford who got cheated twice from his wife and now is marrying a new girl who is 20 years his senior... It would get on my nerves...

By the way, the lottery is random there was also another winner who got charged with rape 20 years a go and served I guess 10 years and won $10m on UK Lottery... So there's no such thing like good things come to good people unfortuately :(  ..I still hope it will one day for me Smile

Sorry for my English I'm native Swiss German speaker and moved to London 8 month a go for my studies :-)

He is a fool for electing to reveal himself.