Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

California $0.50 option

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Chacha33.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Pasadena, CA
United States
Member #153326
March 13, 2014
186 Posts
Posted: March 24, 2014, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

As someone who has extensively played the numbers games in other state lotteries, I've always wondered if there are any plans for California to offer a $0.50 option for the Daily 3/Daily 4 games? I know we've been a pari-mutuel state and the payouts would vary wildly, but offering $0.50 a play (albeit with half of the $1/play payout) would certainly drive up sales.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
    Los Angeles, California
    United States
    Member #149492
    December 2, 2013
    919 Posts
    Posted: March 24, 2014, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

I agree.  I was thinking the same thing.  I'd play more. 

I've been playing Daily 3/4 for a few months, put down $51 between the two, thus far, and won one Daily 3 box for $39.  I was fortunate to get a box win early, but it's so darn hard to get any wins with these games, especially Daily 4.  The prediction board here gives a great illustration to this point.  I went over $1,500 without getting any wins for my California predictions.

Now if it was 50¢, I'd play more with more combinations per draw.  Or, maybe even 25¢ with a minimum $1 play.  I'd be fine with quarter of the payout with 4 combinations in play for a $1.

Since it's currently $1 per combination, I feel I get a better bang for my buck with other daily games like Fantasy 5 or Hot Spot.

Pasadena, CA
      United States
      Member #153326
      March 13, 2014
      186 Posts
      Posted: March 24, 2014, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

I agree.  I was thinking the same thing.  I'd play more. 

I've been playing Daily 3/4 for a few months, put down $51 between the two, thus far, and won one Daily 3 box for $39.  I was fortunate to get a box win early, but it's so darn hard to get any wins with these games, especially Daily 4.  The prediction board here gives a great illustration to this point.  I went over $1,500 without getting any wins for my California predictions.

Now if it was 50¢, I'd play more with more combinations per draw.  Or, maybe even 25¢ with a minimum $1 play.  I'd be fine with quarter of the payout with 4 combinations in play for a $1.

Since it's currently $1 per combination, I feel I get a better bang for my buck with other daily games like Fantasy 5 or Hot Spot.

I feel you. I haven't won on the Daily 3 since July 2011 and Daily 4 in March 2010. What's even more infuritating is that more often than not, I'll think of a set of numbers to play, not play them and then one of those numbers comes up. Case in point, 758 was one of a set of five I was going to play yesterday, didn't play it and of course, it came up. Love the quarter combination idea; even if you only ended up coming out $40 or $50 ahead, that's still pretty good.

I agree with you on the other draw games. Fantasy 5 and the Hot Spot payouts aren't as large, but the odds are certainly better. Small wins are fine, as long as they're frequent.