Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Gambling Whilst Saving System

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 3 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
London, UK
United Kingdom
Member #154080
April 3, 2014
1 Posts
Posted: April 3, 2014, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Hey everyone,

I'm just after some advice. Me and my cousin would like to play the lottery, but we want to combine it with a system that includes saving money. So, here's our current plan:

- We play one line each on every lottery draw game.
- Euromillions = £8.
- Lotto = £8.
- Thunderball = 6.
- Hotpicks (pick one) = £4.
- Total = £26 (£13 each), although this will raise as more people are going to join.
- If we win anything less than the money we put in for any given week (so currently £26), the following week we just put our £26 straight into a savings account, so we don't play any lines.

I know this seems a bit bizarre, but we just wanted to combine saving money with always being in with a chance of winning a life changing amount of money.

We would just like some feedback on our system, any advice for improvements or how to do it better would be much appreciated.

Xagan :)

P.S. Another person is set to join next week, and a few others are interested, what's the optimum amount of people to be involved, or should we just leave it as the two of us? Also, if there are any other gambling/saving systems that are better, we're completely open to changing.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: April 3, 2014, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to LP Xagan434

If you trust your cousin totally then I think it's great that you play together. I also think that since you are buying two tickets for each drawing then you should try to play one quick pick (lucky dip is the word over there) and one set of chosen numbers. Thumbs Up.

That money's gone fo ever

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19908 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2014, 10:01 am - IP Logged

Hey everyone,

I'm just after some advice. Me and my cousin would like to play the lottery, but we want to combine it with a system that includes saving money. So, here's our current plan:

- We play one line each on every lottery draw game.
      - Euromillions = £8.
      - Lotto = £8.
      - Thunderball = 6.
      - Hotpicks (pick one) = £4.
      - Total = £26 (£13 each), although this will raise as more people are going to join.
      - If we win anything less than the money we put in for any given week (so currently £26), the following week we just put our £26 straight into a savings account, so we don't play any lines.

I know this seems a bit bizarre, but we just wanted to combine saving money with always being in with a chance of winning a life changing amount of money.

We would just like some feedback on our system, any advice for improvements or how to do it better would be much appreciated.

Xagan :)

P.S. Another person is set to join next week, and a few others are interested, what's the optimum amount of people to be involved, or should we just leave it as the two of us? Also, if there are any other gambling/saving systems that are better, we're completely open to changing.

Good Luck Lep

Let it Snow Snowman

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
        Dump Water Florida
        United States
        Member #380
        June 5, 2002
        3104 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2014, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

If you want to save money while playing the lottery, put your money in the Premium bond lottery.

Otherwise, select the lottery you have the best chance of winning, i.e.: Lowest odds. 

Have an agreement in writing how winnings will be divided and what happens if a ticket holding member also plays independently and wins.

Work out a system for picking numbers, usually some ratio of hot, average, cold based on frequency and skips and hits and wheel them.

BobP

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3300 Posts
          Posted: April 4, 2014, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

this sounds like what i do with my family .  5 of us ea put in $15 a month, i get them to send it to a bank account.  the account has an interest rate of %4.

any  winnings  are also deposited into the bank account.

the plan was for the total amount to generate interest income enough to   purchase the lotto  tickets.  but  the goal  is further away now than when  we started. Way back it was around $8k needed ,  at a rate of %7.   what with interest rates  going down and entry fees going up the goal is now something like $14k ..  account has $650 in it now.  We have been going at , seems like 10 years or more.

<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297