Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How can the lottery Mm and Pb even out the odds of other places winning?

Topic closed. 57 replies. Last post 3 years ago by bigbear29.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
Indiana
United States
Member #129225
June 13, 2012
546 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2014, 7:14 am - IP Logged

Kick the following states out:

California
New York
Florida
Georgia
Maryland
New Jersey

Problem solved!

Yup, problem solved!!  But what some people don't understand we would not have anymore huge jackpots.  Might as well play your state lottery.

United States
    Member #145267
    August 1, 2013
    1533 Posts
    Posted: April 6, 2014, 7:29 am - IP Logged

The machines in the stores.

United States
      Member #145267
      August 1, 2013
      1533 Posts
      Posted: April 6, 2014, 7:36 am - IP Logged

It is still going to be hard, but might even out the playing field.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
        Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #103813
        January 5, 2011
        1530 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2014, 10:12 am - IP Logged

How about a extra rolling ball that rolls across a map of the usa and where it stops will be the location of the winning jackpot.  Mmmmmmmmm

What you're advocating for is UNFAIRNESS.

Right now, each person's pick has an equal chance of winning as any other person's pick. Remember, PEOPLE win jackpots, not STATES.

So you want to make it so that low population density places like Montana have an equal chance of winning as high population places like New York? That means that for the poor people in high density urban places, their pick and wager counts for LESS than someone who lives on a farm in a small rural town. Is that fair? I think not.

United States
          Member #145267
          August 1, 2013
          1533 Posts
          Posted: April 6, 2014, 10:18 am - IP Logged

So are you saying that poor people put the most money into the lottery?

Indiana
            United States
            Member #129225
            June 13, 2012
            546 Posts
            Posted: April 6, 2014, 11:02 am - IP Logged

I have played the same set of numbers since the lottery began years ago.  Imagine how I would feel when my numbers came up but only a person in Kansas could win that drawing and I would be out of luck.  I may just jump off a bridge.

United States
              Member #145267
              August 1, 2013
              1533 Posts
              Posted: April 6, 2014, 11:45 am - IP Logged

I'm in the same boat, my time is about 17 years.  Your numbers can also be included sense they are your own number sets.  If someone bought a quick pick in Kansas and it was 1 2 3 4 5 - 6 and  you played your own numbers which are the same, you would share the jackpot.  This would also cut back on large amounts of duplicate losing number sets.  I don't know how this could be set up, but there would be more people playing their own set of numbers and playing quick picks.  This is a reach on my part, but I do think that the lottery looks for the least played numbers for the jackpot numbers.  How? I wish I knew.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5609 Posts
                Posted: April 6, 2014, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

So are you saying that poor people put the most money into the lottery?

I don't see his statement saying that at all.

You keep saying that they look for the least played combinations. Do you understand that each state has it's own computer system and terminals? Do you understand how difficult it would be for MUSL to comb through all the combinations right before a draw, even if they had that capabilty?

Do you even understand the odds of MM and PB? How difficult those games are? Here's a little example of the difficulty. My state's lotto game is a 6/54. Odds are 1 in 25,827,165 to win a jackpot. About 5 years ago, I downloaded a wheel which I play all 54 numbers in 20 lines. It's a balanced wheel, and each number is played at least twice, a few numbers 3 times. So, each draw every number is in play at least twice. You know how often I get 4 of 6? Maybe once a year. Maybe. Many times I won't even get 3 of 6. By the way, this is on paper only. So, no, the Texas Lottery can't comb my combinations and weed them out. LOL.

This is a game with much lower odds than MM or PB. You're just way too hung up on lotteries cheating people, because you think you should have won by now. It simply doesn't work that way. You just haven't been lucky, and probably never will be. Me neither. The biggest reason I play is the entertainment, and the fact if I don't have a ticket, I'm guaranteed not to win.

If you really think the lottery is screwing you...why even play. You're not making any sense.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #129225
                  June 13, 2012
                  546 Posts
                  Posted: April 6, 2014, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

I'm in the same boat, my time is about 17 years.  Your numbers can also be included sense they are your own number sets.  If someone bought a quick pick in Kansas and it was 1 2 3 4 5 - 6 and  you played your own numbers which are the same, you would share the jackpot.  This would also cut back on large amounts of duplicate losing number sets.  I don't know how this could be set up, but there would be more people playing their own set of numbers and playing quick picks.  This is a reach on my part, but I do think that the lottery looks for the least played numbers for the jackpot numbers.  How? I wish I knew.

This entire plan makes no sense.  Trying to get winners to win it in whatever state the ball chooses.  What if the ball randomly always go to the same state.  I know I would no longer play I would hate that type of manipulation.  The lottery is random there is nothing wrong with the way the numbers are picked.  My odds are just as good as anyone in California, Florida or Kansas.  I don't want to worry about which state would be picked.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4108 Posts
                    Posted: April 6, 2014, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

Biggie- Which State do you reside in?
                    Give us a reason to see through the " Method to your Madness?"

United States
                      Member #145267
                      August 1, 2013
                      1533 Posts
                      Posted: April 6, 2014, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Arizona

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10353 Posts
                        Posted: April 6, 2014, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

bigbear29,

If only the state that the 'geography' ball rolled into had the winning numbers that would scream collusion and the lottery being fixed.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                          Member #145267
                          August 1, 2013
                          1533 Posts
                          Posted: April 6, 2014, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

That might be true.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                            Bay Area - California
                            United States
                            Member #136477
                            December 12, 2012
                            4108 Posts
                            Posted: April 6, 2014, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

That might be true.

This might also be true.You advocating a lottery form of " Spin The Bottle".
                            You Sly Arizona Dog! Or is it Coyote?

* By the way: Are you related to Ronnie?

United States
                              Member #145267
                              August 1, 2013
                              1533 Posts
                              Posted: April 6, 2014, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Yes, may-be so, but alittle deeper.