Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you ever feel like you've won the "lottery" in other areas of your life??

Topic closed. 64 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Marilyn222.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #149820
December 9, 2013
644 Posts
Posted: April 16, 2014, 7:36 am - IP Logged

Maybe you got a job or a promotion just when you needed to or wanted to, or maybe you bought a car that wasnt new but was in such good condition it was like it was new, or you and your spouse had gotten pregnant just when you were thinking it would never happen. Have you personally felt like you have won the lottery in other areas of your life?

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40511 Posts
    Posted: April 16, 2014, 7:46 am - IP Logged

All the time, I have a wonderful Husband and son, Life is good when you are loved.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

TooTallLuke's avatar - img 8jc7G2.jpg
      Ontario
      Canada
      Member #137286
      December 31, 2012
      93 Posts
      Posted: April 16, 2014, 7:50 am - IP Logged

Yes, when it comes to wives I have truely won the lottery!

olplugger's avatar - moon2
        Mechanicsville, VA
        United States
        Member #84145
        December 23, 2009
        1523 Posts
        Posted: April 16, 2014, 8:20 am - IP Logged

All the time, I have a wonderful Husband and son, Life is good when you are loved.

I Agree!  How very true, Sully!

"Whatever the human mind can conceive and believe it can achieve."

Napoleon Hill, Author of "Think & Grow Rich"

United States
          Member #34931
          March 9, 2006
          98 Posts
          Posted: April 16, 2014, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Watching the television series Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey puts winning the "lottery of life" into perspective.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmos:_A_Spacetime_Odyssey

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
            Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1649 Posts
            Posted: April 16, 2014, 10:23 am - IP Logged

What a great thread! Now, this is what I'm talkin' about! For the most part, every one of us here is FILTHY RICH EVERY SINGLE DAY. We WAKE UP enclosed in our right minds with a reasonable portion of our health, strength, and well-being. We're able to work and buy the things we want to eat, wear, and go places we want. Your loved one's are still around and healthy for the most part. You're rich in every day life due to thes things in particular...everything after that is really just icing on the cake when you really think about it.

A jackpot win is nothing without the health to enjoy it or the mindset to share it and help others. I know for fact that I'm already filthy rich...woke up up this morning filthy rich.Smash

L.L. aka Matchmaker

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

fajardo
              United States
              Member #152445
              February 15, 2014
              47 Posts
              Posted: April 16, 2014, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Yes , I was struggling financially and I have been trying to get a internship for years. Just when I was about to give up I got the call telling me I have been accepted and that it was exactly in the area of my interest in the type of company I wanted.

I know some of my friends applied and I felt like they were better candidates but I was the one who got the offer.

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11979 Posts
                Posted: April 16, 2014, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Maybe you got a job or a promotion just when you needed to or wanted to, or maybe you bought a car that wasnt new but was in such good condition it was like it was new, or you and your spouse had gotten pregnant just when you were thinking it would never happen. Have you personally felt like you have won the lottery in other areas of your life?

LIFE IS GOOD.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

m3ikaChiz007's avatar - octa feathers.jpg
                  Newport News, VA
                  United States
                  Member #144545
                  July 8, 2013
                  971 Posts
                  Posted: April 16, 2014, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Absolutely I have EVERYTHING I need and I am loved and loving! We all are blessed with the gift of life & anything tangible we wish to obtain is ours if we just BELIEVE! I am seeing things manifest because I changed my thoughts! ...GRATEFUL heart

new jersey
                    United States
                    Member #150815
                    December 31, 2013
                    513 Posts
                    Posted: April 16, 2014, 11:22 am - IP Logged

yes   when  i  was   born

LottoBux's avatar - 2elh5if
                      Ontario
                      Canada
                      Member #109243
                      April 9, 2011
                      31437 Posts
                      Posted: April 16, 2014, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

What a great thread! Now, this is what I'm talkin' about! For the most part, every one of us here is FILTHY RICH EVERY SINGLE DAY. We WAKE UP enclosed in our right minds with a reasonable portion of our health, strength, and well-being. We're able to work and buy the things we want to eat, wear, and go places we want. Your loved one's are still around and healthy for the most part. You're rich in every day life due to thes things in particular...everything after that is really just icing on the cake when you really think about it.

A jackpot win is nothing without the health to enjoy it or the mindset to share it and help others. I know for fact that I'm already filthy rich...woke up up this morning filthy rich.Smash

L.L. aka Matchmaker

SmileyI Totally Agree With Everything You Mentioned LL/MM.

A Positive Outlook In Life Can Go A Long Way.

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        11979 Posts
                        Posted: April 16, 2014, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

L.L. aka Matchmaker

HOW TO LIVE LONGER.

"If you want to Live longer, play Lotto. Lottery improves Health in many ways. It keeps the Mind thinking and the Heart beating. It's a cheap way to help cure Alzheimer and Heart Disease. Thats what i tell the non-believers." By Redstang

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                          USA
                          United States
                          Member #152799
                          February 25, 2014
                          1092 Posts
                          Posted: April 16, 2014, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I am grateful for having a wonderful husband and a healthy 2-year old son. Granted my husband finished his residency a year before opening his practice but we still have a huge tab for medical school. We put away a huge portion towards retirement while paying down our student loans and mortgage.

We already have a structured plan and will certainly do fine without ever winning a lottery jackpot but it would make life a little bit nicer if we did. If I had to choose between having my family or being alone and winning the lottery, I would choose my family every single time.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: April 16, 2014, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

All my divorces were like winning the lottery even though they all cost me a house, savings and a vehicle or two.

I have found that a lotta wimmins just don't understand me and my charity work teachin' underprivileged wimmins how to slow dance.

elkton, maryland
                              United States
                              Member #85565
                              January 18, 2010
                              1028 Posts
                              Posted: April 16, 2014, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

L.L. aka Matchmaker

You read my mind......Thank You

ogg