Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Risk Averse Lottery Player Uses A Lottery Stop Loss Limit To Minimize His Or Her Losses.

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 3 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11975 Posts
Posted: April 19, 2014, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

I DO NOT PLAY THE LOTTERY. 

I DID NOT PLAY THE LOTTERY TODAY. 

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY BY NOT PLAYING=SAVE YOUR MONEY TO PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY. 

OUR REGULAR LOTTERY PROGRAMMING.

1) Playing the lottery more often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket.

2) Playing the lottery less often for more tickets= Buying multiple lottery tickets.

3) Playing the lottery less often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket monthly or yearly.

4) Playing the lottery more often for more tickets= Spending more money= Gambling addiction.

THE RISK AVERSE LOTTERY PLAYER USES A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT TO MINIMIZE HIS OR HER LOSSES.

A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO BE A SUCCESSFUL LOTTERY PLAYER OVER THE LONG TERM.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4104 Posts
    Posted: April 19, 2014, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

500 plus viewers and no one responding? perhaps the term requires explaining Thrifty.

Risk aversion is a concept in economics and finance, based on the behavior of humans (especially consumers and investors) while exposed to uncertainty to attempt to reduce that uncertainty.

Risk aversion is the reluctance of a person to accept a bargain with an uncertain payoff rather than another bargain with a more certain, but possibly lower, expected payoff. For example, a risk-averse investor might choose to put his or her money into a bank account with a low but guaranteed interest rate, rather than into a stock that may have high expected returns, but also involves a chance of losing value.

WIKI.

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11975 Posts
      Posted: April 19, 2014, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

500 plus viewers and no one responding? perhaps the term requires explaining Thrifty.

Risk aversion is a concept in economics and finance, based on the behavior of humans (especially consumers and investors) while exposed to uncertainty to attempt to reduce that uncertainty.

Risk aversion is the reluctance of a person to accept a bargain with an uncertain payoff rather than another bargain with a more certain, but possibly lower, expected payoff. For example, a risk-averse investor might choose to put his or her money into a bank account with a low but guaranteed interest rate, rather than into a stock that may have high expected returns, but also involves a chance of losing value.

WIKI.

THE RISK AVERSE LOTTERY PLAYER USES A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT TO MINIMIZE HIS OR HER LOSSES.

EVOLUTION AND GAMBLING.

"You can just quit, but I wouldn't bet on it.

You're right, they are way ahead of you on the lines, the lines are strategically based to guarantee the bookies a profit on the vig. Even before there were computers, they had it worked out as to how to balance the books to guarantee a profit, there's just too much of a margin. Also you aren't disciplined enough, even if you knew the exact probabilities you can over bet and run expectations in your favor and that's what you do when you're trying to regain your losses, after a loss your plays should go down not just a little but a lot, you have to be risk averse. If you knew the probabilities and could operate like a computer you could perhaps gain by strict money management but it isn't going to happen.

The reason why it won't happen is because you are human. We have evolved over millions of years to over bet, to assume too much risk. This is because evolution doesn't care if we individually survive so long as enough survive to continue the species so evolution wants us to take risks that almost guarantee individual failure on the basis that some in the population are successful and some in the population are not. That's why so many people play the lottery and some people do hit it rich but you are practically assured of losing your money when you play. The same is true of gambling and anything else where risk is involved, you are evolved to take risks that assure your individual defeat, you have to fight that any which way you can even if you're just investing for your retirement, with gambling the margins are tight, often guaranteed not to exist and you're almost certain to over bet.  In investments there are certain guidelines such as a conservative or moderate portfolio where you can be fairly confident you're not over betting but even with that almost everyone over bets. You can't blame your self for gambling that's what millions of years of nature has set you up for but as a rational man you have to fight it with every waking moment." By John W.

US Flag

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: April 19, 2014, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Its good that you are thrifty and dont play a lot of lines in the lottery.

But your bizarre and frantic rambling posts, suggests to me that you might want to cut down on your lines of cocaine as well.

NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90535
          April 29, 2010
          11975 Posts
          Posted: April 19, 2014, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Its good that you are thrifty and dont play a lot of lines in the lottery.

But your bizarre and frantic rambling posts, suggests to me that you might want to cut down on your lines of cocaine as well.

I DO NOT PLAY THE LOTTERY WITH MY LIFE.

US Flag

United States
            Member #129868
            June 30, 2012
            2452 Posts
            Posted: April 19, 2014, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

I DO NOT PLAY THE LOTTERY. 

I DID NOT PLAY THE LOTTERY TODAY. 

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY BY NOT PLAYING=SAVE YOUR MONEY TO PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY. 

OUR REGULAR LOTTERY PROGRAMMING.

1) Playing the lottery more often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket.

2) Playing the lottery less often for more tickets= Buying multiple lottery tickets.

3) Playing the lottery less often for less tickets= Buying 1 lottery ticket monthly or yearly.

4) Playing the lottery more often for more tickets= Spending more money= Gambling addiction.

A LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO BE A SUCCESSFUL LOTTERY PLAYER OVER THE LONG TERM.

I just want to know why do you continuously create topics with the same message.  Are you bored?  Thrifty, I think everyone has got the message.  There is really no need for what you're doing.  Just put it in your signature and call it a day, no one needs to see the same tired message.

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11975 Posts
              Posted: April 19, 2014, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

THE END.

My Last Topic Summarizing THE LOTTERY INSANITY.

US Flag

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: April 19, 2014, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

THE END.

My Last Topic Summarizing THE LOTTERY INSANITY.

Say it ain't so, THRIFTMEISTER!

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11975 Posts
                  Posted: April 19, 2014, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

I just want to know why do you continuously create topics with the same message.  Are you bored?  Thrifty, I think everyone has got the message.  There is really no need for what you're doing.  Just put it in your signature and call it a day, no one needs to see the same tired message.

I NEED TO DATE A LIBERAL LADY LIKE YOU TO HAVE SOME EXCITEMENT.

US Flag

United States
                    Member #129868
                    June 30, 2012
                    2452 Posts
                    Posted: April 19, 2014, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

Well, you know how I like my "entitlements" and with a name like Thrifty I don't see how you can fit the bill.  Now, lets try to move on from your pony show.

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      11975 Posts
                      Posted: April 19, 2014, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Well, you know how I like my "entitlements" and with a name like Thrifty I don't see how you can fit the bill.  Now, lets try to move on from your pony show.

You don't have to worry about all that, just leave all your food stamps at home and I'll take you out and dress you up to look respectable. I can't be seen with anybody wearing Walmart's latest fashions.

US Flag

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        11975 Posts
                        Posted: April 19, 2014, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

YOU WILL WIN A $69 MILLION LOTTERY JACKPOT SOMEDAY.

NUMBER 69 WILL BRING SOME EXCITEMENT TO A LIBERAL LADY LIKE YOU.

US Flag

United States
                          Member #129868
                          June 30, 2012
                          2452 Posts
                          Posted: April 19, 2014, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

You don't have to worry about all that, just leave all your food stamps at home and I'll take you out and dress you up to look respectable. I can't be seen with anybody wearing Walmart's latest fashions.

You first responded by wishing me well with a jackpot win, you've since deleted that post.  I guess you had a second thought and chose to go in another direction.  Was this a diss??  Because I am hardly offended, it's a shame to be from NY and to be this corny.  All you need is a red nose; clown.

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            11975 Posts
                            Posted: April 19, 2014, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

You first responded by wishing me well with a jackpot win, you've since deleted that post.  I guess you had a second thought and chose to go in another direction.  Was this a diss??  Because I am hardly offended, it's a shame to be from NY and to be this corny.  All you need is a red nose; clown.

It was no more diss than "pony show" or the tone of your whole post. You said you were on entitlements, I was only trying to help.

US Flag

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11975 Posts
                              Posted: April 19, 2014, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY - IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

STEP 1.  PLAY THE LOTTERY.

STEP 2.  THINK AND GROW RICH.

STEP 3.  WIN THE LOTTERY JACKPOT.

ALL YOU NEED IS 1 LOTTERY TICKET AND A DREAM?

WINNING THE LOTTERY IS A MIND GAME.

US Flag