Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you get mad when...

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 3 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #149820
December 9, 2013
644 Posts
Posted: April 25, 2014, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

When you clearly state to the cashier that you want a "megaplier" ticket or a "powerplay" ticket and then they ask you do you want the $1 or $2 ticket for MM or ask you if you want a $2 or $3 ticket for PB. It drives me nuts I always turn it around and ask them did I give them $1 or $2. I dont play the power play so it's always gonna be $1 or $2 for me. That's my pet peeve does that bother you all as well?

Marilyn222's avatar - thumb 350-286546.jpg
    Denver
    United States
    Member #117684
    October 12, 2011
    552 Posts
    Posted: April 25, 2014, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

When you clearly state to the cashier that you want a "megaplier" ticket or a "powerplay" ticket and then they ask you do you want the $1 or $2 ticket for MM or ask you if you want a $2 or $3 ticket for PB. It drives me nuts I always turn it around and ask them did I give them $1 or $2. I dont play the power play so it's always gonna be $1 or $2 for me. That's my pet peeve does that bother you all as well?

No it doesn't...I don't expect too much from ppl...hehehe

White Bounce

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: April 25, 2014, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Usually I play where I know the clerk also plays and knows the games.

But admttedley in trying to find such clerks I've met some Lulus!

"Play this for the next two draws please" has often turned into two different tickets for the next draw. That's just one example.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: April 25, 2014, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

communication is the key to no misunderstanding, id rather   questions, than excuses.

<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: April 25, 2014, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

I'd rather go to the filthy little latex-flake covered stand and fill out a playslip than deal with a moron clerk.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
            Kentucky
            United States
            Member #35086
            March 12, 2006
            10374 Posts
            Posted: April 25, 2014, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Yes.........but it bothers me a lot  more ,  when I  pull up to a drive through restaurant  order window and tell them what I want

And then they say.........would you like fries  with  that  or  our  daily  special ..... and   we have this and we have that  , or do you want this  or do you  want that ,  that we have  also

I feel like saying many times , NO........If I wanted anything else I would have told you when I ordered

But ..... I usually just say    No  Thank  You  in a  firm  voice

I know they  train them to say that ( and I know they  probably spot check them to see if they are saying it  ) , and I dont blame it on the employee 

Its  whoever  owns  the  restaurant   chain  that wants that done , is who I would like to get my hands around their  throat  for  about  5  seconds    Chair      Smile

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: April 25, 2014, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Yes.........but it bothers me a lot  more ,  when I  pull up to a drive through restaurant  order window and tell them what I want

And then they say.........would you like fries  with  that  or  our  daily  special ..... and   we have this and we have that  , or do you want this  or do you  want that ,  that we have  also

I feel like saying many times , NO........If I wanted anything else I would have told you when I ordered

But ..... I usually just say    No  Thank  You  in a  firm  voice

I know they  train them to say that ( and I know they  probably spot check them to see if they are saying it  ) , and I dont blame it on the employee 

Its  whoever  owns  the  restaurant   chain  that wants that done , is who I would like to get my hands around their  throat  for  about  5  seconds    Chair      Smile

" Do you want fries with that"..lol. l usually tell the person asking those questions" Why do you think lm not eating enough? " Astekblue. Most of the time they say they sorry, and l believe them because management is probably trying to drive sales at their location.
              On the topic at hand- we do not have the megaplier deal out West so no worries on that front.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                NY
                United States
                Member #121961
                January 21, 2012
                3157 Posts
                Posted: April 26, 2014, 12:00 am - IP Logged

I always ask for a megamillions ticket with the megaplier so they don't screw up.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                  Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #149492
                  December 2, 2013
                  919 Posts
                  Posted: April 26, 2014, 12:30 am - IP Logged

I always use a playslip now.  No communication required.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                    Mcminnville, Oregon
                    United States
                    Member #3013
                    December 13, 2003
                    3051 Posts
                    Posted: April 26, 2014, 12:31 am - IP Logged

I like to fill out play slips so I do not get the confused looked from the clerk like what did he just say about the lotto.  My pet peeve is when I want to fill out a play slip and the lotto stand is full of scratch-it shavings.  So instead of bugging the clerk to wipe it off for me to fill out a play slip I just go to the counter in front of the lotto stand were everyone watches the keno monitor and fill it out their.  I try to be as quick as possible because their are people that like to look at the keno monitor to see the results for their tickets.  So it can be drag for them when I take up space to fill out my lotto slips.  But I only do it twice a week so usually when I go to circle k their isn't very many people playing keno.-weshar75

US Flag

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                      JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                      Member #141034
                      April 2, 2013
                      1408 Posts
                      Posted: April 26, 2014, 1:25 am - IP Logged

All clerks are not created equal. For approx. $7.50/hr, some get really pi$$ed when they see people buying lottery tickets. They want to be millionaires also, but they can't really afford to splurge on lottery tickets, hence the green-eyed monster sometimes shows up, in the form of stupidity. Just use the play slips.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

United States
                        Member #149820
                        December 9, 2013
                        644 Posts
                        Posted: April 26, 2014, 6:52 am - IP Logged

All clerks are not created equal. For approx. $7.50/hr, some get really pi$$ed when they see people buying lottery tickets. They want to be millionaires also, but they can't really afford to splurge on lottery tickets, hence the green-eyed monster sometimes shows up, in the form of stupidity. Just use the play slips.

LOL Hey I bought tickets when I was making minimum wage they can buy one ticket, as for the playslips I use those when I pick my own numbers, not when I just want a quick pick, filling out a playslip would defeat the purpose of it being quick

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                          Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #82391
                          November 12, 2009
                          6290 Posts
                          Posted: April 26, 2014, 8:07 am - IP Logged

I usually repeat it 3x put the cash onthe counter so they see how much I have so far it works.

I Love Pink & Green 1908