Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 1:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

does the lottery commision know where the jackpot insatant tickets go

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 3 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
new jersey
United States
Member #150815
December 31, 2013
513 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2014, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

i  was   wondering? someone or  some  people  have  to  know where  the instant  rub  offs go   that  have   large payouts.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5765 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2014, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

i  was   wondering? someone or  some  people  have  to  know where  the instant  rub  offs go   that  have   large payouts.

They do not publish where the jackpot tickets are distributed.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
      Member #149820
      December 9, 2013
      644 Posts
      Posted: April 28, 2014, 6:55 am - IP Logged

I dont believe so I think its supposed nobody knows until someone wins then they scan it and see all the info about where it was sold, what store etc., etc,

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3316 Posts
        Posted: April 28, 2014, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

i heard that one guy  who knew got busted because his partners in the crime of buying loads of scratch offs in a winning store  had a disagreement over shares.  i think maybe  5 people in a whole organization might know. think i even saw an ep of  law n order or some such  on  the story

<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8395 Posts
          Posted: April 28, 2014, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Somebody knows.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: April 28, 2014, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

Thread title:

"does the lottery commision know where the jackpot insatant tickets go"

Yes, they go to hell.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
              Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #37433
              April 14, 2006
              2747 Posts
              Posted: April 29, 2014, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

does the lottery commision know where the jackpot insatant(sic) tickets go?

The distribution of the top prizes of scratch offs is not random. Here the lottery attempts spreading out the winners as far apart (by location) as possible. They also stagger the dates the top winners are won. You cannot have the top winners all won in the early phase of the game, yes?

That money's gone fo ever

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #149492
                December 2, 2013
                919 Posts
                Posted: April 29, 2014, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

does the lottery commision know where the jackpot insatant(sic) tickets go?

The distribution of the top prizes of scratch offs is not random. Here the lottery attempts spreading out the winners as far apart (by location) as possible. They also stagger the dates the top winners are won. You cannot have the top winners all won in the early phase of the game, yes?

I agree.  I don't follow much the distribution across California of our top prizes, but top prizes are staggered fairly well relative to sales here.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                  Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #103813
                  January 5, 2011
                  1530 Posts
                  Posted: April 29, 2014, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

i heard that one guy  who knew got busted because his partners in the crime of buying loads of scratch offs in a winning store  had a disagreement over shares.  i think maybe  5 people in a whole organization might know. think i even saw an ep of  law n order or some such  on  the story

I think you're referring to William C. Foreman, lottery "security" <cough, cough> employee who tipped off his lackeys to go buy out the tickets from a store to snag the jackpot winning ticket.

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/99979

Yeah, someone always knows where the scratch prizes are. Not necessarily the commission, they are not usually involved with operations. And lottery operations doesn't have it, they rely on the vendor's computers. So you hope there is sufficient separation between the personnel of the ticket manufacturer, and the computer systems and distribution of the vendor.

But nothing is foolproof.

Chris$'s avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                    P A
                    United States
                    Member #117331
                    October 3, 2011
                    7087 Posts
                    Posted: April 30, 2014, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

Yes they know where the tickets are distributed. Its all info contained somewhere on a computer or printout.

They know when tickets are stolen, what batch of tickets needs to be flagged so they aren't redeemed.

There is nothing random about where the big winners are placed.

♠♣♥♦= $$$$

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3316 Posts
                      Posted: May 1, 2014, 2:40 am - IP Logged

I think you're referring to William C. Foreman, lottery "security" <cough, cough> employee who tipped off his lackeys to go buy out the tickets from a store to snag the jackpot winning ticket.

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/99979

Yeah, someone always knows where the scratch prizes are. Not necessarily the commission, they are not usually involved with operations. And lottery operations doesn't have it, they rely on the vendor's computers. So you hope there is sufficient separation between the personnel of the ticket manufacturer, and the computer systems and distribution of the vendor.

But nothing is foolproof.

oh thats it, thanks Jon D. i prob  even commented on that post lol

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318