Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's the longest you have taken a break from playing the lottery?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 3 years ago by LottoMetro.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: May 1, 2014, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps you have hit an extended dry spell and decided that you will cool your jets for awhile hoping that when you return, your situation would have changed to a more positive outlook?
I tried a few months before getting back in the ring, not aggressive betting- more conservatively though.Prior Losing Memories have a tendency to linger...

United States
    Member #149820
    December 9, 2013
    644 Posts
    Posted: May 1, 2014, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps you have hit an extended dry spell and decided that you will cool your jets for awhile hoping that when you return, your situation would have changed to a more positive outlook?
    I tried a few months before getting back in the ring, not aggressive betting- more conservatively though.Prior Losing Memories have a tendency to linger...

Ehhh I have tried before to take a break, but since you dont know if or win you'll ever hit I just buy at least one ticket for each drawing. That way Im in it but Im not deep in it

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: May 1, 2014, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Stay the course.

Steady as she goes.

Don't rock the boat.

Wouldn't be prudent.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4108 Posts
        Posted: May 1, 2014, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Stay the course.

Steady as she goes.

Don't rock the boat.

Wouldn't be prudent.

Iol Ridge- when you posted that response l see a mounted wall plague with those exact words above your computer and whenever the need arises- you look  up from your monitor and quote them for all to read ... .
        Thanks for sharing.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: May 1, 2014, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

Iol Ridge- when you posted that response l see a mounted wall plague with those exact words above your computer and whenever the need arises- you look  up from your monitor and quote them for all to read ... .
          Thanks for sharing.

You've been looking in my windows.  No No

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
            Texas Panhandle
            United States
            Member #136843
            December 20, 2012
            1280 Posts
            Posted: May 1, 2014, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for sharing.

I always read that in my best George H.W. Bush voice.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
              Happyland
              United States
              Member #146344
              September 1, 2013
              1129 Posts
              Posted: May 1, 2014, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Longest break of not playing for me was probably 2-3 months. I used to buy tickets several times a week, now it is only a few times a month.

I look at it like "if you're going to win, then you will win." Rushing to play or constantly playing won't necessarily change that.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
              If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
              P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1