Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 9:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA Lottery Is Boring

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 3 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
23237 Posts
Posted: May 6, 2014, 9:09 am - IP Logged

Ok.

We have the Daily Number, Big 4, Quinto, Cash 5, Match 6 and Treasure Hunt.

We have Instant tickets.

We have the Millionaire Raffle twice per year.

BORING.

(yes...we have PB and MM...but who cares?)

I see Connecticut has introduced a new game - 5 Card Cash. That sounds fun.

PA used to bring us fun games. I do like Match 6...Cash 5 they changed the amount of balls used, so the odds got worse,

Quinto seems easy but isn't, Treasure Hunt...well, starts at $10k and so what there too.

PA GET WITH IT...INTRODUCE SOMETHING FUN AND EXCITING.

010 122 963 824 684 584 0000 6837 4061 1207 2319 4901 1009 1347 1537

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3159 Posts
    Posted: May 6, 2014, 9:50 am - IP Logged

NYL is also boring. I'm lucky to be 5mins from CT and that's where most of my lotto money goes.

Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      23237 Posts
      Posted: May 6, 2014, 10:14 am - IP Logged

wow, I'd like to be on another state line to drive over quick and spice things up with new games. PA really is getting to be

bad. The instants come out every month but it's same old, same old but different color paper, that's about it.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: May 6, 2014, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

Ok.

We have Instant tickets.

BORING.

PA used to bring us fun games. I do like Match 6...Cash 5 they changed the amount of balls used, so the odds got worse,

Quinto seems easy but isn't, Treasure Hunt...well, starts at $10k and so what there too.

I'm jealous of some of your games. Yes Nod I want a pick 4 and the Quinto and our own state Pick 6 would be cool. I don't know what treasure hunt is.

We have Pick 3 and Weekly Grand (Pick 5) which are our own games and then we have Hot Lotto, Wild Card,  Powerball and Megamillions. Which are multistate games.

But we're not a big state so I guess that's why we don't get a big variety.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #149492
          December 2, 2013
          919 Posts
          Posted: May 6, 2014, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

It's not that exciting in my neck of the woods either!

Missouri's new $250K Triple Play they introduced recently seems like an interesting game to me.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #94283
            July 17, 2010
            2284 Posts
            Posted: May 6, 2014, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

I'm jealous of some of your games. Yes Nod I want a pick 4 and the Quinto and our own state Pick 6 would be cool. I don't know what treasure hunt is.

We have Pick 3 and Weekly Grand (Pick 5) which are our own games and then we have Hot Lotto, Wild Card,  Powerball and Megamillions. Which are multistate games.

I did a survey for the Idaho Lottery not too long ago where they were asking about several different new draw games.  One was an All or Nothing type game, but I don't remember the deets on the others.  Unfortunately, the price of each was FIVE DOLLARS (gasp) and some drew several times per day.  My answer to each of their suggested new games was that the game sounded interesting, but no way would I pay $5 for a draw game where the top prize was only a couple hundred thou.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
              Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #149492
              December 2, 2013
              919 Posts
              Posted: May 6, 2014, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

I did a survey for the Idaho Lottery not too long ago where they were asking about several different new draw games.  One was an All or Nothing type game, but I don't remember the deets on the others.  Unfortunately, the price of each was FIVE DOLLARS (gasp) and some drew several times per day.  My answer to each of their suggested new games was that the game sounded interesting, but no way would I pay $5 for a draw game where the top prize was only a couple hundred thou.

$5???  Completely and utterly insane. 

I'm already bitching about our Daily Derby draw game which is $2 per play.  I'm only playing a line per day right now because the grand prize is $375,000 and it rolls $6,000-$9,000 per day until there's a grand prize winner.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Posted: May 6, 2014, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

No way would I play a 5.00 draw game. I'm ok with paying that or more for a raffle ticket that comes out twice a year, but not for a regular game.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: May 6, 2014, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Ok.

We have Instant tickets.

BORING.

I like the treasure hunt.

It starts at 10K, but I like ten grand in my pocket.

Also I have seen it roll to 80k many times, so i dont mind that so much in my pocket either.

Scratchoffs?

I only love them if the latex covering tastes like chocolate.

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #74096
                    May 2, 2009
                    23237 Posts
                    Posted: May 6, 2014, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

I remember when Quinto came out. The possibility and supposed ease of winning was a thrill, it didn't seem like it would be

hard to hit. It was refreshing to see a new game for us and I was eager to play. I got a few hits on it but after time, it lost

its glam and seemed to be harder to hit and at $1 to play each way - straight and boxed, it could really add up. They do it

for 2 drawings also..day and night. I scan the results often and don't find any number combos I would go with..so I just let

it go most times. Sometimes I'll throw a zip code in but most times it's a strike out.

Treasure Hunt is a pick 5 of 30 game. I'll play when it gets over $100k which isn't too often but it does happen.

Everyone can come up with 5 birth dates to play..it's getting all 5 drawn where the problem lies lol. Matching 4 numbers

in the Treasure Hunt only wins $100...matching 3 only wins $6.00, matching 2 wins $1.00. This game is a $1 per line.

Wow, you do not have a pick 4? Pick 4 is difficult but I'd miss it if we didn't have it.

Most of our games are twice per day...Daily Number, Pick 4 and Quinto...Treasure Hunt is daily. Cash 5 is also and Match

6...which I do enjoy (you get 3 lines for $2 and there are chances to win across a straight line or within the 3 line block)

is twice per week.

PB and MM they can give them back, I don't like them at all.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19901 Posts
                      Posted: May 6, 2014, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

The grass is always greener in all the other yards. Unhappy

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6305 Posts
                        Posted: May 8, 2014, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

dr65 stay away from Oklahoma lottery all we have is Pick 3, Cash 5, Hot Lotto, Mega & Powerball. Scratchers range from $1-$5 top prize $30,000-$40,000. And they wonder why lottery sales are down.

I Love Pink & Green 1908