Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Systems Schmystems-New Name Needed!

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Sunny California
United States
Member #40295
May 31, 2006
7712 Posts
Posted: May 13, 2014, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

Why does the word "system" (as in Lottery System) make some people cringe?

Okay,okay...yeah,we get it. Systems are associated with "snake oil salesmen" trying to sell you a load of hoo-ey. It's really too bad because I do believe there are some genuine methods out there to help increase odds. Notice I did not say to give you the winning number every time. Just to help improve your chances. Sometimes. Not every time. But isn't sometimes better than nothing?

Has the word "system" worn out it's welcome in relation to lottery? Is there some other word we could take more "seriously" that people will believe in?

I find it strange sometimes that everyone wants to win so badly but as soon as someone mentions a "system" everyone is on the bandwagon immediately to find out what's wrong with it and why it won't work. Can't we turn that around and try to find out what's good with it and how we can make it work?

Seems to me lottery players like to shoot themselves in the foot. Arguments abound through the threads on the systems board. It doesn't cost you anything to READ and try a system out on paper. And if it doesn't work for you,so be it.

My favorite suggestion for system is method.

Let's hear some of yours if you're so inclined.

And that is my rant for the day :)Rant

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31343 Posts
    Posted: May 13, 2014, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Thank you.   Sometimes it's the same people who just can't wait to tear any new idea down.

I Agree!

love to nibble those micey feet.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10491 Posts
      Posted: May 13, 2014, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

There really is nothing new under the Sun....... it's just all how you put it together isn't it?

It's just like cooking with the same old foods isn't it.....but different.

How about "Lottery Recipes" ?   Hmmm- good !  LOL 

Only I'm usually eating Brussels sprouts .....when they are serving up desserts! 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: May 13, 2014, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Seems to me lottery players like to shoot themselves in the foot. Arguments abound through the threads on the systems board. It doesn't cost you anything to READ and try a system out on paper. And if it doesn't work for you,so be it.

I agree. It's nice to see new ideas being posted. You never know what might help you catch a win.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
          Athens
          Greece
          Member #133234
          September 24, 2012
          188 Posts
          Posted: May 13, 2014, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

Renaming the word 'system'... I like that!

I am curious to read what the Guys & Gals here on Lottery Post will 'invent'...

Please give me some time to find something 'interesting'...Cool

6/49 dis(assembly)

bobby623's avatar - abstract
            San Angelo, Texas
            United States
            Member #1097
            January 31, 2003
            1394 Posts
            Posted: May 13, 2014, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

How about - Scheme????

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: May 15, 2014, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Schmystems?????

Did you check the spell checker?

I think its spelled Schmistems.

I am not sure that After a "ch", the "my" would have the sound of "my" as in mystery.

But the sound of, "my", similar to pie, like, in the sentence "my system is currently broken.'

And to put it all together,

"It is a mystery how all of a sudden my system is broken. Dang Systems Schmistems!!!!!"

Can you dig it?

But as for a suggestion, I suppose instead of saying I am tweaking my lottery system when people ask me what I am up to, I can say,

" I am not really doing anything, just tweaking my lottery miracle."

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7297 Posts
                Posted: May 15, 2014, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Okay,okay...yeah,we get it. Systems are associated with "snake oil salesmen" trying to sell you a load of hoo-ey. It's really too bad because I do believe there are some genuine methods out there to help increase odds. Notice I did not say to give you the winning number every time. Just to help improve your chances. Sometimes. Not every time. But isn't sometimes better than nothing?

Has the word "system" worn out it's welcome in relation to lottery? Is there some other word we could take more "seriously" that people will believe in?

I find it strange sometimes that everyone wants to win so badly but as soon as someone mentions a "system" everyone is on the bandwagon immediately to find out what's wrong with it and why it won't work. Can't we turn that around and try to find out what's good with it and how we can make it work?

"Has the word "system" worn out it's welcome in relation to lottery? Is there some other word we could take more "seriously" that people will believe in?"

The word system is probably more of a catch-all phrase when applied to lottery games. For instance buying QP tickets the day before or the day of a jackpot drawing could be a system as any conscious effort picking numbers.

Currently wheels are being called systems, but we really need a more precise definition where only specific efforts are systems. 

"I find it strange sometimes that everyone wants to win so badly but as soon as someone mentions a "system" everyone is on the bandwagon immediately to find out what's wrong with it and why it won't work."

How many times do we see a system/method/playing strategy clearly explained only to see other posters asking for numbers for their state?

"Can't we turn that around and try to find out what's good with it and how we can make it work?"

It's partly because of the jackpot games that less players are putting their efforts into pick-3 and pick-4 games. The thing is, pick-3 players get $500 winners while the jackpot game players waiting for "their turn". Another problem is some of the system/method/playing strategy members, in an effort to produce more hits, lose focus of what they were trying to do in the first place.

"My favorite suggestion for system is method."

The first system I bought was the "Scientific Number Selector" and hit the pick-3 straight two days later. It was really more of a spot play method, but still a system by current definition. At least the name sounded more credible (and cool) than the more commonly used "tic tac toe" system.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                  Pittsburg, Ks
                  United States
                  Member #3382
                  January 17, 2004
                  80679 Posts
                  Posted: May 15, 2014, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

There is workout.  Or name your method/workout instead of using the S word

God Bless America

US Flag

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: May 15, 2014, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

Gefloovenflavensplernkenfleeberhausen

That's all I can come up with.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10345 Posts
                      Posted: May 16, 2014, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Gefloovenflavensplernkenfleeberhausen

That's all I can come up with.

Ausgezeidnicht!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #150797
                        December 31, 2013
                        815 Posts
                        Posted: May 16, 2014, 8:05 am - IP Logged

You make good points, LottoLaughs.

Also, in my reading around the site, I have noticed that the word "system" isn't very well defined.  I have seen the word "system" used to mean:

1. A systematic way of choosing numbers to play

2. A systematic way of eliminating numbers from play -- i.e. a filter

3. A systematic way of organizing your chosen digits into combinations -- i.e. a wheel.

"Method" works for me, but "workout" makes me think of those "add 123 to the last number" type things.

Thanks for all you do! And don't let the Donny and Debbie Downers get to you.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                          TX
                          United States
                          Member #121193
                          January 4, 2012
                          1637 Posts
                          Posted: May 17, 2014, 8:54 am - IP Logged

Lotto...while it maybe possible to reduce odds with a "system" or method" it's only a chance. Similar to a quick pick or chosen numbers of ages,anniversaries,birthdays, SS numbers, etc etc.
                          It's hard to argue that 70+% of the time that QP's win a big lottery jackpot...no "system", no "gimimck", no "method" involved there, just plain ole dumb luck. I haven't seen anyone claiming they win the big lotteries with a "system" and certainly more than one time( But I could be wrong)
                          Let's take it one step further, shall we ?
                          Too many advertisements and claims from the past have been proven wrong, from ab rollers to vitamins(got A to V, just couldn't think of a Z, sorry about that). My personal favorite is, "I am here from the government and I am here to help" or "If you like your health plan,you can keep it".

Please accept my apology for going off kilter the topic....a suggestion that is an alternative to the word "system" ?

What about Lottery"noetic" numbers ?...... just my 2 cents worth

Let one of us win a jackpot tonight !!!!

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #86154
                            January 30, 2010
                            1648 Posts
                            Posted: May 17, 2014, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

This is a great conversation that lottolaughs has generated and I certainly agree with Tialuvslotto when she says that the word 'system' isn't very well defined after having looked throughout the forums. Tialuvslotto, if you'll do a search on my past posts, you'll clearly see where I have provided absolute clarity on what a true system is suppose to do and how it's properly implemented. I actually prefer to call it an 'approach'. With this in mind, I'll reiterate what I've said in many posts from the past regarding a system. Let's begin by seeing what Mr. Webster defines as a system:

sys·tem  (sis′t?m)n.

1. A group of interacting, interrelated, or interdependent elements forming a complex whole.
                            3. An organized set of interrelated ideas or principles.
                            5. A naturally occurring group of objects or phenomena: the solar system.
                            6. A set of objects or phenomena grouped together for classification or analysis.
                            7. A condition of harmonious, orderly interaction.
                            8. An organized and coordinated method; a procedure. See Synonyms at method.
                            While there are more definitions of system, I've taken these, in particular, because they are more relative to developing an approach for numbers. Numbers (7) and (8) are the epitome of implementation. To properly implement any system, the player must FIRST abide by acting on the same draw criteria(s) needed each time they play. This will allow them take in data on how close, or, far away they are from hitting each time and establishing a baseline of averages and cost. Adding more numbers may be required to produce the desired consistency as well. Likewise, consistency can be defined by more than just hitting every single time...which ain't gonna happen, hence, DEVELOPING AVERAGES. For every (5) plays, a hit may be realized and this can be defined, also, as consistency. A player cannot accomplish this by changing everything each time they want to play. Quit trying to make your numbers find the winning combination and 'allow' the winning combination to fall within your system of numbers to play each time by 'following' your numerical requirements. This way, the play won't win all the time but, they surely won't lose every time, either, because they're abiding by the same principle(s)/criteria(s), pattern(s), etc. each and every time they run their numbers. Does this stand to reason?
                            Changing each time will produce flawed and inconsistent results all day every day. It also costs more money to play erratically. When I look around here, as Tialuvslotto does, I see daily changes on the SAME COMBINATIONS...and half a dozen new systems popping up. All for the SAME COMBINATIONS being drawn every day, and twice per day, in most states. How much sense does that make? With some minor variance here since we're dealing with pre-tests also, the old cliche of doing the same thing every time while expecting a different result definitely applies. Go over to the thread "Do Any Systems Actually Work?" and see my dialogue with grwurston on page (4). My talks there are consistent with these and all throughout the past...and are the epitome of playing by proper system. I've been trying to help people grasp this for a long time and some actually get it while others want to label me a 'wanna know it all', 'expert', and other sarcastic things...all in their private talks. That's cool, though. I can guarantee that I know exactly what numbers produce the best results, most money, consistent averages, and overall wins. I take that to the bank...literally. Hope this helps somebody get their system together now. Take your time and study what's going on...no need to try and force anything.
                            L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #86154
                              January 30, 2010
                              1648 Posts
                              Posted: May 17, 2014, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

This is a great conversation that lottolaughs has generated and I certainly agree with Tialuvslotto when she says that the word 'system' isn't very well defined after having looked throughout the forums. Tialuvslotto, if you'll do a search on my past posts, you'll clearly see where I have provided absolute clarity on what a true system is suppose to do and how it's properly implemented. I actually prefer to call it an 'approach'. With this in mind, I'll reiterate what I've said in many posts from the past regarding a system. Let's begin by seeing what Mr. Webster defines as a system:

sys·tem  (sis′t?m)n.

1. A group of interacting, interrelated, or interdependent elements forming a complex whole.
                              3. An organized set of interrelated ideas or principles.
                              5. A naturally occurring group of objects or phenomena: the solar system.
                              6. A set of objects or phenomena grouped together for classification or analysis.
                              7. A condition of harmonious, orderly interaction.
                              8. An organized and coordinated method; a procedure. See Synonyms at method.
                              While there are more definitions of system, I've taken these, in particular, because they are more relative to developing an approach for numbers. Numbers (7) and (8) are the epitome of implementation. To properly implement any system, the player must FIRST abide by acting on the same draw criteria(s) needed each time they play. This will allow them take in data on how close, or, far away they are from hitting each time and establishing a baseline of averages and cost. Adding more numbers may be required to produce the desired consistency as well. Likewise, consistency can be defined by more than just hitting every single time...which ain't gonna happen, hence, DEVELOPING AVERAGES. For every (5) plays, a hit may be realized and this can be defined, also, as consistency. A player cannot accomplish this by changing everything each time they want to play. Quit trying to make your numbers find the winning combination and 'allow' the winning combination to fall within your system of numbers to play each time by 'following' your numerical requirements. This way, the play won't win all the time but, they surely won't lose every time, either, because they're abiding by the same principle(s)/criteria(s), pattern(s), etc. each and every time they run their numbers. Does this stand to reason?
                              Changing each time will produce flawed and inconsistent results all day every day. It also costs more money to play erratically. When I look around here, as Tialuvslotto does, I see daily changes on the SAME COMBINATIONS...and half a dozen new systems popping up. All for the SAME COMBINATIONS being drawn every day, and twice per day, in most states. How much sense does that make? With some minor variance here since we're dealing with pre-tests also, the old cliche of doing the same thing every time while expecting a different result definitely applies. Go over to the thread "Do Any Systems Actually Work?" and see my dialogue with grwurston on page (4). My talks there are consistent with these and all throughout the past...and are the epitome of playing by proper system. I've been trying to help people grasp this for a long time and some actually get it while others want to label me a 'wanna know it all', 'expert', and other sarcastic things...all in their private talks. That's cool, though. I can guarantee that I know exactly what numbers produce the best results, most money, consistent averages, and overall wins. I take that to the bank...literally. Hope this helps somebody get their system together now. Take your time and study what's going on...no need to try and force anything.
                              L.L.

For what ever reason, it won't allow me to separate my paragraphs...I've tried three times. But, I'm sure everyone can grasp what I'm saying here, although, it's all jumbled together. I'll try again, though.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living