Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

End of sweet million is june 30, 2014

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 2 years ago by million0914.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #140884
March 29, 2013
45 Posts
Posted: May 22, 2014, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

According to my dealer who is very much in the know. To be replaced with a win for life jackpot game of $1000 a day for life.

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: May 22, 2014, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

According to my dealer who is very much in the know. To be replaced with a win for life jackpot game of $1000 a day for life.

I assume you mean the scratcher?

I would hate for them to pull the Sweet Million lotto random physical generator game.

They should pull the Lotto game, or at least make a score of 3/6 pay more than a dollar.

When I get a 3/6 and only win a dollar, a large part of me want to cry.

I would imagine there is still at least 5 million in unclaimed scratchers out there for this game.

Problem is they are collecting a lot of dust.  If I was going through crack withdrawal, I might buy more SM scratchers.

United States
      Member #140884
      March 29, 2013
      45 Posts
      Posted: May 23, 2014, 1:02 am - IP Logged

No, the jackpot game on Mondays and Thursdays. To be replaced with a win for life type ackpot game equal to $1,000 a day for life.  off

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
        NY
        United States
        Member #121961
        January 21, 2012
        3157 Posts
        Posted: May 23, 2014, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Never liked SM and i'm not really excited about whats next. Hope they prove me wrong. That would be great if they joined the Lucky for life. Funny we posted the same time.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2014, 2:22 am - IP Logged

They could have decided to do weekly drawings, eventually for Saturday.

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
            NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3702 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2014, 7:31 am - IP Logged

No, the jackpot game on Mondays and Thursdays. To be replaced with a win for life type ackpot game equal to $1,000 a day for life.  off

Too bad!  While nobody liked Sweet Million, and I completely understand why they didnt, I played it because it offered such low odds (in terms of lottery odds) to win a million bucks.

When you say "jackpot game", do you mean a scratch off game (pre-printed tickets) or an online game where the terminal prints out the ticket? 

I'm thinking  you mean the new game will be an online game like Sweet Million, Take5 or Lotto.

Even tho I'm sorry to see SM go, thanks for the info.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3702 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2014, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Your guy might be "in the know", but so is every other Lottery Retailer.   They all know.  I stopped in a few places today and asked about SM going away.  They all had heard the news.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
                Member #140884
                March 29, 2013
                45 Posts
                Posted: May 23, 2014, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

...and, what's your point?

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: May 23, 2014, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

...and, what's your point?

his point is subliminal.

However, I would imagine that NYL could increase sales with a promotion.

The old buy five get three promotion was like offering ice cream to a child.

But did they try and press it. No. 

They are suffering from sales, but did they try and be daring and offer this promotion in the last 12 months?

No.

Now they took all our money, and dont even want to try and give half of it back. 

This could be the scam of the century.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                    upstate NY
                    United States
                    Member #108791
                    March 31, 2011
                    549 Posts
                    Posted: May 24, 2014, 12:48 am - IP Logged

This is good news.  I've been saying for quite some time now that Sweet Million ought to be replaced with a Win For Life draw game.  SM did offer a reasonable (as far as lotteries go) chance to win a million bucks, but nobody was playing (therefore, nobody was winning the million) and the lower tier prizes stunk out loud.

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3702 Posts
                      Posted: May 24, 2014, 11:15 am - IP Logged

This is good news.  I've been saying for quite some time now that Sweet Million ought to be replaced with a Win For Life draw game.  SM did offer a reasonable (as far as lotteries go) chance to win a million bucks, but nobody was playing (therefore, nobody was winning the million) and the lower tier prizes stunk out loud.

I think you're right about everything you said, although I do think a core group of players existed that played SM religiously.

When you look at the prize payout page for Sweet Million on The NYL website, the number of winners for each prize category was consistently the same from drawing to drawing.

I like the idea of a win for life draw game myself, they have one that's played jointly in the 6 New England states, but the jackpot odds are 13 million to 1, and it's 2 bucks per line.

Queens
                        United States
                        Member #156099
                        June 8, 2014
                        2 Posts
                        Posted: June 8, 2014, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

The NYL's problem iz, they don't broadcast the game drawing on tv. NOT EVERYBODY HAS ACCESS TO THE INTERNET. But they have access to a few hard earned dollars to lose. It don't matter how much you promote a game, if the elderly or internet deprived individuals do not see it televised on tv, they forget about it. And so would we. What's up with ABC? They used to broadcast the drawings during the newscast. Now they just flash them accross the screen. That makes them feel left out. And that's not right. "CASH40", was replaced by "TAKE5" "SWEET MILLIONS" is basically an exact replica game of "CASH40". And I liked both games.

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3702 Posts
                          Posted: June 8, 2014, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

The NYL's problem iz, they don't broadcast the game drawing on tv. NOT EVERYBODY HAS ACCESS TO THE INTERNET. But they have access to a few hard earned dollars to lose. It don't matter how much you promote a game, if the elderly or internet deprived individuals do not see it televised on tv, they forget about it. And so would we. What's up with ABC? They used to broadcast the drawings during the newscast. Now they just flash them accross the screen. That makes them feel left out. And that's not right. "CASH40", was replaced by "TAKE5" "SWEET MILLIONS" is basically an exact replica game of "CASH40". And I liked both games.

I remember CASH40!! 

I liked the game too, but if my memory serves me correctly, it started out at $100,000 and rolled to $200,000 if nobody won it.  It'd roll $100,000 with each successive drawing and would usually get to $300,000 and somebody would hit it. Very rarely did it ever get up to $500,000 or above.

Sweet Milly is/was $1,000,000 every drawing if you hit all six numbers.

Queens
                            United States
                            Member #156099
                            June 8, 2014
                            2 Posts
                            Posted: June 8, 2014, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

Yes indeed. In fact, I still have a "Cash40" ticket and a couple-a blank play cards. I hate to say it but the NY lottery has a bad history of creating babies and then killing them off @ an early age. That's $um $ad $hit y'all. REALLY. ----asife----

Albany
                              United States
                              Member #156363
                              June 16, 2014
                              17 Posts
                              Posted: June 16, 2014, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

First, I would like to comment on what some people have said.  LottoBoner feels that maybe the New York Lotto game should be discontinued.  I say that Pick 10 should be discontinued.  Pick 10's odds are 2.32 times harder than Sweet Million, and has a top prize of only 1/2 that of Sweet Million.  I have not played Pick 10 in more than 15 1/2 years (yes, I am that old), and don't intend to in the foreseeable future.

SergeM feels that maybe Sweet Million should be once a week on a Saturday.  Why not Sunday?  None of these twice-weekly games (Powerball, Mega Millions, Cash 4 Life, and New York Lotto) are played on Sunday.  And considering that all of the daily games are held on Sunday, it is not like Sunday is some sacred day to not play the lottery.

asife00 mentioned that Sweet Million's drawings were not broadcast on television.  Unfortunately, neither will Cash 4 Life's drawings.

On a per-dollar basis, Cash 4 Life is actually 1.93 times harder to win than New York Lotto.  Also, Cash 4 Life has another double-negative.  Unlike Sweet Million, if there is more than one winner, these people will all end up splitting the top prize, whereas up to five people could win the $1 million top prize in each Sweet Million drawing.  Also, unlike Powerball, Mega Millions, and New York Lotto, the Cash 4 Life top prize will not roll over to the next drawing if nobody wins.

According to the New York Lottery's Web Site, there were no winners in the last ten drawings of Sweet Million.  On a per-dollar basis, Cash 4 Life will be 11.38 times harder to win than Sweet Million.  Be prepared to see a lot of Cash 4 Life drawings with no winners of the top prize.

The Cash 4 Life top prize is guaranteed to pay out for at least 20 years.  That would make a total of around $7.3 million.  As of the time of this writing, New York Lotto's annuitized jackpot is $9 million paid out over 26 years.  Considering that New York Lotto has the easier chance of winning on a per-dollar basis, you are better off playing New York Lotto instead of Cash 4 Life.  I know I don't intend on playing Cash 4 Life in the foreseeable future.