Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scams and Greed

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Artist77.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

What are your feelings about the latest scam in TX?

Sympathize [ 3 ]  [8.82%]
Groaning and Rolling Eyes [ 6 ]  [17.65%]
Angry [ 3 ]  [8.82%]
"Dang,How Can You Be That Gullible?" [ 18 ]  [52.94%]
Just Plain Greedy! [ 4 ]  [11.76%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Sunny California
United States
Member #40295
May 31, 2006
7712 Posts
Posted: May 23, 2014, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

I can't believe that people are still falling for the old "send me a wire transfer and your winnings will be sent to your front door " scam. Apparently some TX lady did on the home page today. Ugh! I feel it's greed,personally.

What kinds of emotions does this evoke from you?

Do You Want To Win Today?  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/286011

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
    Los Angeles, California
    United States
    Member #149492
    December 2, 2013
    919 Posts
    Posted: May 23, 2014, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

I watched the video.  In her case, she should have known better.  I feel sorry for anyone that's a victim of such a scam, but at the end of the day, it makes you wonder, what the heck they were thinking.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10353 Posts
      Posted: May 23, 2014, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

I'll never know how people can believe thy won a lottery or sweepstakes they didn't enter.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: May 23, 2014, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

I am a little disappointed, I did not collect any money from this scam.

You cant win an African sweepstakes without intuition.

You cant win a PB/MM lottery without intuition.

You cant win with a QP without intuition.

United States
          Member #149820
          December 9, 2013
          644 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2014, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

I can't believe that people are still falling for the old "send me a wire transfer and your winnings will be sent to your front door " scam. Apparently some TX lady did on the home page today. Ugh! I feel it's greed,personally.

The 1st sentence in your post pretty much sums it up the way I feel. I just can't believe it

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2014, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

The 1st sentence in your post pretty much sums it up the way I feel. I just can't believe it

I cant believe todd is giving you a tenth life.  You must be some sort of thundercat mutant.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
              Member #52345
              May 21, 2007
              2659 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2014, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

Roll Eyes just the other brain dead F-wit

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7314 Posts
                Posted: May 23, 2014, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

In this story is pure greed, but in many we read, it's because they are gullible and really believe they won a huge prize without every entering a contest.

The people at MUSL used player greed when they created PB and MM and greed is the reason $100 million jackpots are common. And greed explains why more than twice as many Ohio players will play for a $15 MM jackpot than will play OCL with a $71 million jackpot.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19829 Posts
                  Posted: May 23, 2014, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

In this story is pure greed, but in many we read, it's because they are gullible and really believe they won a huge prize without every entering a contest.

The people at MUSL used player greed when they created PB and MM and greed is the reason $100 million jackpots are common. And greed explains why more than twice as many Ohio players will play for a $15 MM jackpot than will play OCL with a $71 million jackpot.

And greed explains why more than twice as many Ohio players will play for a $15 MM jackpot than will play OCL with a $71 million jackpot.

And don't forget during the month of May when the MM jackpot is less than $100M Ohio's MM promotion of buy 2 get 1 free.  I just wish they had something similar for OCL.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: May 23, 2014, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

I can believe it. I see similar behavior, and even worse, many times throughout my day. Everyday that I leave the house and interact with the public, it's a constant battle to NOT only look out for my own safety, but baby sit others to ensure the reduced possibility of a bad event to occur, like on the roads.

Then there's customer service from hell. Mostly the younger on a drama train or story telling with other employees. Or, having extended conversations with a customer, while a long line is forming very rapidly at the counter. They seem so detached to their surroundings, almost hypnotized.

A large group of people really believe they will win a JP in their lifetime. Don't get me started..lol

How many believe the government is transparent? ha ha, just a rhetorical question. Hee

Indians worshiping cows, the list goes on..They are out there.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1649 Posts
                      Posted: May 23, 2014, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

All the answers I'm seeing thus far are dead on. There are only a few things one will be selected for without ever entering and they are: tax audits, drug tests, jury duty, spam mail, and maybe a couple more. They are ALL NOT GOOD for the most part and are all random events. I saw a red flag in her first description of the contact...FACEBOOK. Good grief.

L.L. 

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7314 Posts
                        Posted: May 24, 2014, 12:16 am - IP Logged

And greed explains why more than twice as many Ohio players will play for a $15 MM jackpot than will play OCL with a $71 million jackpot.

And don't forget during the month of May when the MM jackpot is less than $100M Ohio's MM promotion of buy 2 get 1 free.  I just wish they had something similar for OCL.

The buy 2 get 1 free MM promotion when the OCL is at record levels is a great example of how lotteries use player greed. At what jackpot level do you think OCL fever will finally kick in?

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4792 Posts
                          Posted: May 24, 2014, 7:55 am - IP Logged

I cant believe todd is giving you a tenth life.  You must be some sort of thundercat mutant.

lol ThunderrrrrrrrrCAT!!!!

J'aime La France.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19829 Posts
                            Posted: May 24, 2014, 10:11 am - IP Logged

The buy 2 get 1 free MM promotion when the OCL is at record levels is a great example of how lotteries use player greed. At what jackpot level do you think OCL fever will finally kick in?

At what jackpot level do you think OCL fever will finally kick in?

It  already kicked in, more OCL tickets are being sold than ever since MM and PB tickets became available locally.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                              USA
                              United States
                              Member #152799
                              February 25, 2014
                              1092 Posts
                              Posted: May 24, 2014, 11:46 am - IP Logged

That was mean but also rather funny!