Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 12:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Weird situation

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 3 years ago by Teddi.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lotsofwins's avatar - half planet.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #114703
August 5, 2011
4623 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2014, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

Hey everyone; just thought I would share this.. I normally buy my tickets for a week at a time and then double check my tickets on Sunday and then cash them in. This past Sunday I went to a gas station I don't normally go to. I scanned my tickets and my win was $15.00; I handed my tickets to the clerk; he was scanning them and then says oh that's weird these tickets have already been cashed-not really thinking about it-I said that's strange-please give me my tickets back-and when were they cashed; he looked at the tickets and said they were cashed today. After a few seconds, he said I will go ahead and cash them. (it was a very odd situation) and now thinking back on it-not sure he would have gave me my money if I didn't ask for the tickets back and when they were cashed.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
    Member #142499
    May 13, 2013
    1200 Posts
    Posted: June 1, 2014, 12:05 am - IP Logged

Hey everyone; just thought I would share this.. I normally buy my tickets for a week at a time and then double check my tickets on Sunday and then cash them in. This past Sunday I went to a gas station I don't normally go to. I scanned my tickets and my win was $15.00; I handed my tickets to the clerk; he was scanning them and then says oh that's weird these tickets have already been cashed-not really thinking about it-I said that's strange-please give me my tickets back-and when were they cashed; he looked at the tickets and said they were cashed today. After a few seconds, he said I will go ahead and cash them. (it was a very odd situation) and now thinking back on it-not sure he would have gave me my money if I didn't ask for the tickets back and when they were cashed.

Never cash your tickets there again without signing them. Nothing he did seems kosher. And which retailer is going to pay out on tickets already redeemed? Nope, nothing there seems right.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.