Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Only paid LP members can read certain threads

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 2 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
DrMiracle's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcSZfr3g-6xRNhDA2-tgWdb5fVaacJgb_ybXvQWgy-qL1s6p
MARYLAND
United States
Member #119884
December 5, 2011
1671 Posts
Posted: June 3, 2014, 8:11 am - IP Logged

I am not a paid member of LP. But I can create ,post,  and comments on all threads created by LP members.

My suggestions is that  there should be a way that ONLY paid members can create a thread that ONLY paid members can read and comments on that thread.

Why?  Because paid members are serious about what they do on LP but some guests are NOT.

All Guest members can do whatever they are doing right now but if a Paid Members choose to make a thread private, then only paid members can access to that thread.

If there is a system like that, I would love to join as a paid member and really looking forward to add my theory only on private thread.

Thank you.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19904 Posts
    Posted: June 8, 2014, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Isn't that why there's PM (private messaging)?  You can PM the ones you only want to read your stuff.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

DrMiracle's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcSZfr3g-6xRNhDA2-tgWdb5fVaacJgb_ybXvQWgy-qL1s6p
      MARYLAND
      United States
      Member #119884
      December 5, 2011
      1671 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2014, 2:09 am - IP Logged

Isn't that why there's PM (private messaging)?  You can PM the ones you only want to read your stuff.

No No  I am NOT trying to communicate with specific paid members.

I want to post my threads that only paid members can have access to it. If they like the thread they can click it and  they will read it, IF NOT don't click it 

Here are the steps:

• I am going to create a thread like any other members. All members can see my thread.
      •  BUT, if a person clicks on my thread ,  if paid member, you can have access to my posting like any other  postings. 
      • If a person clicks on my thread , if NOT PAID members, it will say "only Paid members"

And once I logged in, I will be able to see my lists of previous threads on one side of corner.

That way, all others paid members can see my list of previous threads. NO need to search. Sometimes I forget myself which thread I had created in the past.

South Carolina
        United States
        Member #18322
        July 9, 2005
        1744 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2014, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

If you are trying to avoid critical or pointless posts, Paid vs. Non-paid has nothing to do with the quality of the content posted in reply to your post.  Replies to your posts won't be any more serious or meaningful, if the member is paid.  The feedback from some Non-paid members makes more sense sometimes.

United States
          Member #129868
          June 30, 2012
          2457 Posts
          Posted: July 9, 2014, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

If you are trying to avoid critical or pointless posts, Paid vs. Non-paid has nothing to do with the quality of the content posted in reply to your post.  Replies to your posts won't be any more serious or meaningful, if the member is paid.  The feedback from some Non-paid members makes more sense sometimes.

I Agree!

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19967 Posts
            Posted: July 30, 2014, 11:03 am - IP Logged

I am not a paid member of LP. But I can create ,post,  and comments on all threads created by LP members.

My suggestions is that  there should be a way that ONLY paid members can create a thread that ONLY paid members can read and comments on that thread.

Why?  Because paid members are serious about what they do on LP but some guests are NOT.

All Guest members can do whatever they are doing right now but if a Paid Members choose to make a thread private, then only paid members can access to that thread.

If there is a system like that, I would love to join as a paid member and really looking forward to add my theory only on private thread.

Thank you.

I Agree! and maybe also raise the Membership fee to $250-$500 per year and not let anyone be able to read or post anything without joining then maybe people ideas will not be stolen and sold.

The serious players will benefit and be better off Thumbs Up

Patriot

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
              Happyland
              United States
              Member #146344
              September 1, 2013
              1131 Posts
              Posted: July 30, 2014, 11:50 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

I Agree!

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
              If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
              P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

MARYLAND
                United States
                Member #119884
                December 5, 2011
                1671 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2014, 10:18 am - IP Logged

No No Why they have private schools?  Why they have VIP members only business?

Why the ticket price for football game is so expensive- and in the same stadium ..the price ranges from $100 to $1000?   

Why there are two LP members one is GOLD and other is Platinum? 

They are NOT trying to AVOID the customers, they all need customers.

THEY DO THESE STUFFS, BECAUSE THEY WANT TO PROVIDE THE BETTER SERVICES BASE ON THEIR CUSTOMERS PAYMENT..

SAME here,  if I WANT TO BE PAID MEMBER, I WOULD LIKE TO EXPECT OR TO SEE CERTAIN SERVICES BASE ON MY PAYMENT..

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE VALUE OF THE CONTENT..I AM TALKING ABOUT SERVICES..

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                  upstate NY
                  United States
                  Member #108791
                  March 31, 2011
                  549 Posts
                  Posted: July 31, 2014, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

No No Why they have private schools?  Why they have VIP members only business?

Why the ticket price for football game is so expensive- and in the same stadium ..the price ranges from $100 to $1000?   

Why there are two LP members one is GOLD and other is Platinum? 

They are NOT trying to AVOID the customers, they all need customers.

THEY DO THESE STUFFS, BECAUSE THEY WANT TO PROVIDE THE BETTER SERVICES BASE ON THEIR CUSTOMERS PAYMENT..

SAME here,  if I WANT TO BE PAID MEMBER, I WOULD LIKE TO EXPECT OR TO SEE CERTAIN SERVICES BASE ON MY PAYMENT..

Your other posts in this thread indicate that you ARE talking about the value of the content.  You seem to believe that paid members are more "serious" about the lottery and thus are more useful to talk to.  Besides, paid members have access to much more in terms of services than free members.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19967 Posts
                    Posted: July 31, 2014, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Your other posts in this thread indicate that you ARE talking about the value of the content.  You seem to believe that paid members are more "serious" about the lottery and thus are more useful to talk to.  Besides, paid members have access to much more in terms of services than free members.

I Agree! your right it's kind of pointless i guess like everyone on the same plane but few paying for First Class Green laugh

Patriot