Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery commission can/should make it easier 2 WIN lottery!

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 2 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What game would Help U WIN?

Mega Million [ 1 ]  [6.67%]
PowerBall [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Pick 3 [ 6 ]  [40.00%]
Pick 4 [ 1 ]  [6.67%]
Pick 5 [ 2 ]  [13.33%]
"any" jackpot game will DO [ 5 ]  [33.33%]
Instant Scratch OFF [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
"any" game will DO & I'll name it 2 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
help the PLAYER's cause they help other's [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
WHY does they make it harder & harder 2 WIN??????? [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 15 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5120 Posts
Posted: June 16, 2014, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Should D lottery N all states B a FORCE 2 git RICH off D backs of ALL>>>>>>>>>>>D PEOPLE wHo try

2 make a contribution 2D "LOTTERY">>>>>>day IN & day OUT???????????????????????????????????!

BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>and DARE is always a BUTT out DARE somewhere???????

HOW can lottery government OFFICIAL>>>>people who RUN D LOTTERY "games" help "the" player'$$

Disney just a question?Dohjust a question?BedDisney

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4108 Posts
    Posted: June 16, 2014, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

If everyone who played the Lottery won on a regular basis, What would be the point of playing a game that never grew?

Example: if you as a Mother had a infant that never grew...Would you be concerned? -See my point?

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5120 Posts
      Posted: June 16, 2014, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

If everyone who played the Lottery won on a regular basis, What would be the point of playing a game that never grew?

Example: if you as a Mother had a infant that never grew...Would you be concerned? -See my point?

NG:

U WON on this won>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

NO<<<<<<<<won>>>>>>>EVER/NEVER want'$$$$$$$$$$$$ 2 win ANY lottery!!!

DanceBedDance

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
        Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1649 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2014, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

I have a slightly different perspective on this part:

What would be the point of playing a game that never grew?

If people had the chance to only win the minimum amount of a couple hundred million, would they ultimately never play? If not, then why? I'm honestly in the mood for some real good entertainment right now through answers to this. I mean, really...come on now. Does this mean that no one even plays their own state lottery 'cause there's not enough money to win there either? Well? I mean, state lotteries only hover around less than what...+-$20M? Why play for such a measly amount when you can play for ten times that amount with the minimum amount of $200M? Oh, wait a minute...that's not enough to win either! Can you see what happening here? I now have some more ear-burning and soul searing news for the folks that think and operate in this mentality.

*None of you should ever buy a scratch-off ticket or ever play ANY of your state lottery games because none of those top prizes would be enough to win according to your position on such minimum jackpot amounts. Neither should you be purchasing any Pick3/4 tickets as those are certainly not going to do anything but piss you off. In the event that you do find yourself purchasing any of the above in hopes to win something, immediately go home or to a library, open up a dictionary and go through the H's until you get to HYPOCRITE where you should see a picture of yourself...in color. You don't deserve to win $hit.

This is the very reason why the commission knew they could increase the difficulty level of the current games while also doubling the price of it...which isn't offset very much in a positive way for players. They tout, "More money, new higher prizes...play today!!" This, knowing full well that you're really hoping to win anything...but pretend to turn your nose up at even $100M...$1M even. What nerve...audacity.

There. See how it all comes back to bite with perfect sense? 

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
          Winning makes me smile.
          bel air maryland
          United States
          Member #90251
          April 24, 2010
          4870 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2014, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

If people had the chance to only win the minimum amount of a couple hundred million, would they ultimately never play? If not, then why? I'm honestly in the mood for some real good entertainment right now through answers to this. I mean, really...come on now. Does this mean that no one even plays their own state lottery 'cause there's not enough money to win there either? Well? I mean, state lotteries only hover around less than what...+-$20M? Why play for such a measly amount when you can play for ten times that amount with the minimum amount of $200M? Oh, wait a minute...that's not enough to win either! Can you see what happening here? I now have some more ear-burning and soul searing news for the folks that think and operate in this mentality.

*None of you should ever buy a scratch-off ticket or ever play ANY of your state lottery games because none of those top prizes would be enough to win according to your position on such minimum jackpot amounts. Neither should you be purchasing any Pick3/4 tickets as those are certainly not going to do anything but piss you off. In the event that you do find yourself purchasing any of the above in hopes to win something, immediately go home or to a library, open up a dictionary and go through the H's until you get to HYPOCRITE where you should see a picture of yourself...in color. You don't deserve to win $hit.

This is the very reason why the commission knew they could increase the difficulty level of the current games while also doubling the price of it...which isn't offset very much in a positive way for players. They tout, "More money, new higher prizes...play today!!" This, knowing full well that you're really hoping to win anything...but pretend to turn your nose up at even $100M...$1M even. What nerve...audacity.

L.L.

There was a time when the jackpots were much smaller then they are now. Ten, twenty, maybe fifty million and people played all the time... But this was when the number field and thus the odds to win were much smaller than they are now. But every now and then the jackpot would grow much higher. (Remember the excitement over the first $100 million jackpot?) Every one wanted to take a shot at it, people who never played in their lives bought tickets.  But as soon as someone hit it, the excitement died down...  Till the next time.

But then the lottery officials noticed the excitement and thus the increased ticket sales, and bigger jackpots became a marketing tool. Bottom line, bigger jackpots equals more tickets sold, more tickets sold, equals more money for the states. So in order to increase the jackpots they added numbers, which increased the odds, making it harder to win. Which down the road led to increased minimum jackpots because as you said, 20 million, 50 million, pfft... not worth a buck to play. Which is in a word, all about Greed. Bigger is better ya know...

Personally, when the odds were much smaller, I would buy 5 or 10 quick picks every drawing and still hardly ever won more than a couple bucks here and there.  Now of course, even that is less likely with the bigger number fields. So now as allows I concentrate mainly on the Pick 3 & 4. If I could win a steady, or a least halfway consistent 1500, 1000 or even 500 every week or two, I'd be happy as a clam!  It's not exactly jackpot money, but it's a heck of a lot more realistic then the 256 million to  one odds of hitting the Mega Millions.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1649 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2014, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

There was a time when the jackpots were much smaller then they are now. Ten, twenty, maybe fifty million and people played all the time... But this was when the number field and thus the odds to win were much smaller than they are now. But every now and then the jackpot would grow much higher. (Remember the excitement over the first $100 million jackpot?) Every one wanted to take a shot at it, people who never played in their lives bought tickets.  But as soon as someone hit it, the excitement died down...  Till the next time.

But then the lottery officials noticed the excitement and thus the increased ticket sales, and bigger jackpots became a marketing tool. Bottom line, bigger jackpots equals more tickets sold, more tickets sold, equals more money for the states. So in order to increase the jackpots they added numbers, which increased the odds, making it harder to win. Which down the road led to increased minimum jackpots because as you said, 20 million, 50 million, pfft... not worth a buck to play. Which is in a word, all about Greed. Bigger is better ya know...

Personally, when the odds were much smaller, I would buy 5 or 10 quick picks every drawing and still hardly ever won more than a couple bucks here and there.  Now of course, even that is less likely with the bigger number fields. So now as allows I concentrate mainly on the Pick 3 & 4. If I could win a steady, or a least halfway consistent 1500, 1000 or even 500 every week or two, I'd be happy as a clam!  It's not exactly jackpot money, but it's a heck of a lot more realistic then the 256 million to  one odds of hitting the Mega Millions.

My point(s) exactly. Thanks for shedding the light on how it used to be about possibly winning a 'measly' $20M. Sure, five numbers pays a million on PB but look at how hard that it is. $2 a pop for $1M or $1 a pop for +-$20M? More chances with a buck from where I sit...even with the field of numbers to play with. Greed blinds folks, you know.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2014, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

L.L.

Hold on a minute there lucky- l responded to a question that did not post the so called " starting jackpot", so l am conjuring up in my mind what would be a conservative starting jackpot- well lets say $5 mil , now if players won that amount on a regular basis, what would be the point in playing? 

I don't know what State you from but in California,  especially the Bay Area, you could end up paying $1 mil for  an outhouse here dude...

You quoting $200 mil, well heck yeah, that's cool..but we were not told the initial amount of said jackpot which would afford a person the chance to win more easily.

Texas
                United States
                Member #86154
                January 30, 2010
                1649 Posts
                Posted: June 18, 2014, 2:04 am - IP Logged

Hold on a minute there lucky- l responded to a question that did not post the so called " starting jackpot", so l am conjuring up in my mind what would be a conservative starting jackpot- well lets say $5 mil , now if players won that amount on a regular basis, what would be the point in playing? 

I don't know what State you from but in California,  especially the Bay Area, you could end up paying $1 mil for  an outhouse here dude...

You quoting $200 mil, well heck yeah, that's cool..but we were not told the initial amount of said jackpot which would afford a person the chance to win more easily.

My post wasn't so much directed specifically to you, but rather indirectly via the statement you posted which so many here seem to share. My question at this point to you would be, "What difference does the starting point make if it's ANYWHERE in the millions?" Your main objective would seemingly be hoping to win whatever it is when you play. Right? Would not even $5M immediately put you in a 100% better position than you're in now? What would be the point in playing you ask? The point would be to luck up on that $5M, which is $5M more than anyone on this entire forum has, and enjoy a much better quality of life.

Yeah, I know the cost of living there is very high but, there are areas where it's not so bad and you can stretch your dollars by relocating. My whole point here is the mindset of people when it comes to these jackpots and 'trying' to win one...they're grossly greedy and ungrateful for an amount that would still be life changing. If you don't fit into this scenario, then disregard it. If you do, I'm talking to you. I've used the following before:

A beggar/bum on the corner is hungry and several people pass him and each offer $2-$3 to help him out. Well, he turns them down because he wants to 'try' and get a solid $5 or maybe $10...all while he's uncertain that will happen and is still hungry in the mean time.

Now, if you were one of those passers-by that offered and was turned down, you'd feel about him the same way I feel about the people I've described above...and probably even more so. The only difference is that this guy is clearly pushing away smaller blessings with one hand while reaching for another one with his other hand. These people can never know when or if it's their time, yet, they pass up the 'possible' smaller blessings...hence my original post. If the thought of winning 'only' $200M, the minimum, discourages ANYONE then they really have no business playing and trying to win ANYTHING ELSE. Why? Everything else is substantially lower tier prize amounts and would be completely counter productive to their goal(s). I'm seeing where common sense, in this place, is on par with the respect a thief has for the church they're breaking into...non-existent.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4108 Posts
                  Posted: June 18, 2014, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

My post wasn't so much directed specifically to you, but rather indirectly via the statement you posted which so many here seem to share. My question at this point to you would be, "What difference does the starting point make if it's ANYWHERE in the millions?" Your main objective would seemingly be hoping to win whatever it is when you play. Right? Would not even $5M immediately put you in a 100% better position than you're in now? What would be the point in playing you ask? The point would be to luck up on that $5M, which is $5M more than anyone on this entire forum has, and enjoy a much better quality of life.

Yeah, I know the cost of living there is very high but, there are areas where it's not so bad and you can stretch your dollars by relocating. My whole point here is the mindset of people when it comes to these jackpots and 'trying' to win one...they're grossly greedy and ungrateful for an amount that would still be life changing. If you don't fit into this scenario, then disregard it. If you do, I'm talking to you. I've used the following before:

A beggar/bum on the corner is hungry and several people pass him and each offer $2-$3 to help him out. Well, he turns them down because he wants to 'try' and get a solid $5 or maybe $10...all while he's uncertain that will happen and is still hungry in the mean time.

Now, if you were one of those passers-by that offered and was turned down, you'd feel about him the same way I feel about the people I've described above...and probably even more so. The only difference is that this guy is clearly pushing away smaller blessings with one hand while reaching for another one with his other hand. These people can never know when or if it's their time, yet, they pass up the 'possible' smaller blessings...hence my original post. If the thought of winning 'only' $200M, the minimum, discourages ANYONE then they really have no business playing and trying to win ANYTHING ELSE. Why? Everything else is substantially lower tier prize amounts and would be completely counter productive to their goal(s). I'm seeing where common sense, in this place, is on par with the respect a thief has for the church they're breaking into...non-existent.

L.L.

I can see where you coming from with your response LL- but you right,any jackpot will do. I have said this before" No one and l mean no one ever says " l won the $10 mil jackpot and l wish l hadn't,  l was aiming for next week's one which would have been $18 mil". 

A win is a win, regardless of the size. There is saying my Dad liked repeating when we were kids he said " Any Port in a Storm". You can probably figure out the meaning. 

Good Points there Lucky.

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    11979 Posts
                    Posted: June 18, 2014, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Did you quit playing jackpot games?

Winning makes me smile.
                      bel air maryland
                      United States
                      Member #90251
                      April 24, 2010
                      4870 Posts
                      Posted: June 18, 2014, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Did you quit playing jackpot games?

Not completely. I will still buy 3 tickets occasionally on a whim.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        11979 Posts
                        Posted: June 18, 2014, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

L.L.

GAMBLER'S FALLACY AT ITS BEST.

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11979 Posts
                          Posted: June 18, 2014, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Not completely. I will still buy 3 tickets occasionally on a whim.

Does playing the lottery everyday increase your chances of winning a lottery jackpot?

Winning makes me smile.
                            bel air maryland
                            United States
                            Member #90251
                            April 24, 2010
                            4870 Posts
                            Posted: June 18, 2014, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Does playing the lottery everyday increase your chances of winning a lottery jackpot?

Sure. More tickets, more chances to win. But the odds are still astronomical. And it still only takes one ticket to win...

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11979 Posts
                              Posted: June 18, 2014, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Sure. More tickets, more chances to win. But the odds are still astronomical. And it still only takes one ticket to win...

You can become addicted to playing the lottery by buying 1 lottery ticket every drawing versus buying multiple tickets whenever you can.