Welcome Guest
You last visited April 28, 2017, 5:38 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Summertime Connecticut SuperDraw

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 3 years ago by GiveFive.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3906 Posts
Posted: July 1, 2014, 6:58 am - IP Logged

Next Sunday, July 6th, the summertime SuperDraw raffle for 1 million dollars will be held.

My wife bought a ticket yesterday and I was surprised by how low the number was. It was in the 169,000 range.  To me that says it was the 69,000th ticket sold out of a possible 275,000.

On the CT Lottery's website, they say the first ticket sold will be 100001 and the last would be 375000. If that's correct, then my ticket is the 69,000th ticket printed.  If the website isn't correct, the ticket number would still be low.

That's great from a player perspective, because it appears tickets wont sell out between now and Sunday, thus lowering the odds to win a million.  It's not too good for the Ct Lottery, and makes me wonder if ticket sales truly are low, will they run the raffle again in the Fall for a January 1st 2015 raffle?

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3159 Posts
    Posted: July 1, 2014, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

They usually sell out near the end. Got 1 tic and might get another.  GL

NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3906 Posts
      Posted: July 1, 2014, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

They usually sell out near the end. Got 1 tic and might get another.  GL

I hear ya Stang, but they got one helluva long way to go to sell out between now and next Sunday.

My brother was over to Danbury today and bought a ticket.  He told me the number on it was 173XXX, which means that they have about 202,000 to sell yet.

And, last year for the summertime drawing, they DIDNOT sell out as per the CT Lottery website. It said they sold 262,000.  Not to mention they didn't sell out at Christmas time in 2013, which really surprised me.  In prior years for the New Years Day drawing, tickets usually sold out a day or two before Christmas.  You couldn't buy one if you wanted to during the week after Christmas prior to January 1st.   

To top it all off, I remember reading somewhere that The CT Lottery reserves the right to re-schedule the drawing to a later date.  The only reason I can think of that they'd want to do that is because they didn't sell enough tickets.  So we'll see what happens come next Sunday.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3906 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2014, 2:48 am - IP Logged

I don't know, it's possible that ticket sales for this years summertime drawing are no different than what has been experienced during previous years for the July 4th drawing. 

I would have thought that more than 100,000 tickets would have been sold by now, especially with only four days until the drawing. 

Maybe in prior years players have held off on buying them until just prior to the drawing, and with only a few days to go there's a huge surge in sales. Maybe what I'm seeing is very typical of the July 4th drawing.

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3906 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2014, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

I don't know, it's possible that ticket sales for this years summertime drawing are no different than what has been experienced during previous years for the July 4th drawing. 

I would have thought that more than 100,000 tickets would have been sold by now, especially with only four days until the drawing. 

Maybe in prior years players have held off on buying them until just prior to the drawing, and with only a few days to go there's a huge surge in sales. Maybe what I'm seeing is very typical of the July 4th drawing.

Just checked The Ct Lottery website.  They have a counter telling how many SuperDraw tickets are still available.

As of 8PM tonite, 193,484 tickets remain unsold.  That says only 81,516 tickets have been sold. Gonna be interesting to watch.

New York
            United States
            Member #156870
            July 2, 2014
            91 Posts
            Posted: July 2, 2014, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I am glad that no one buys these tickets as they have only 50% payout rate before taxes. That is why I did not buy it when I was in Connecticut last month

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3906 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2014, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

As of 9 PM today (7/3/14), 94,651 tickets have been sold.   180,349 still unsold.

NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3906 Posts
                Posted: July 4, 2014, 10:07 am - IP Logged

7 AM today, 95,150 sold...  179,850 still available.   They aint NEVER gonna sell out!

NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3906 Posts
                  Posted: July 4, 2014, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

6 PM today, 104,621 sold, 170,379 still available.....  i bought two today myself... #'s 202658 & 202659

(My tickets were the 102,658 & 659 sold)

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                    Connecticut
                    United States
                    Member #61623
                    May 29, 2008
                    20581 Posts
                    Posted: July 4, 2014, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

I will buy 2 tomorrow....I have yet to hear someone who has at least won a smaller prize in this game.

would be nice for a change to hit something in CT before this year ends for gods sake.

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3906 Posts
                      Posted: July 4, 2014, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

I will buy 2 tomorrow....I have yet to hear someone who has at least won a smaller prize in this game.

would be nice for a change to hit something in CT before this year ends for gods sake.

I won $100 in 2014 New Years Day SuperDraw drawing.

As of 10 PM 168,174 still available,  106,826 sold.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                        NY
                        United States
                        Member #121961
                        January 21, 2012
                        3159 Posts
                        Posted: July 5, 2014, 8:35 am - IP Logged

Got two more tics and it skipped a number. Their 690 & 692. My luck 691 will hit.

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3906 Posts
                          Posted: July 5, 2014, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

158,758 unsold as of 4 PM today.  More than half still for sale!

NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92609
                            June 10, 2010
                            3906 Posts
                            Posted: July 5, 2014, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

153,436 still available as of 10 PM.   121,564 sold.   Still more than half unsold.  15,000 sold in the last 24 hours.

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3906 Posts
                              Posted: July 6, 2014, 6:54 am - IP Logged

153,250 available at 6 AM.   121,750 sold. 

With only 7 hours until 2 PM (when ticket sales end) and not even half of the maximum number of tickets sold, makes me wonder if they'll postpone the drawing.