Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Model to predict Pick 3 Lottery

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 2 years ago by meco215.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
san german
Puerto Rico
Member #156641
June 25, 2014
5 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2014, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

When developing  a predictive Pick 3 model how many drawing should I considerer for the model ?

I appreciate you can share with me your experience in this area. I'm currently using 15 to 20 drawings.

Is this enough of it is too much ?

Regards, Américo

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2014, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

LOL,I thought Kate Moss was drawing numbers now. What exactly do you mean by model? (besides the beautiful ones)

san german
      Puerto Rico
      Member #156641
      June 25, 2014
      5 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2014, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Hello. I'm developing a triangle model for the Pick 3. So far I have been able to spot the winning numbers in this model in a rate of 80+ percent ( using back drawings ) which I think is pretty good. Of course the issue here is that you have to play certain amount of numbers once you select them based on statistical data.

I'm trying to select a manageble amount of numbers in order to play. I'm using the information gathered by Lottery Post to generate this information. While I can use data for 10, 15, 20, etc drawings I want to know based on lottery players experience the amount of drawing that I should considered to gather the information and use it in the modeling. I'm using excel to generate the amount of posible combinations. I hope the provides a more clear understanding of my question.

I appreciate your comment to my post.

Regards, Américo

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7712 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2014, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

What I would suggest is to give an example using 10 draws,15 draws and 20 draws and see which one gives the best results. How's that sound?

san german
          Puerto Rico
          Member #156641
          June 25, 2014
          5 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2014, 7:18 am - IP Logged

Hey, good morning. Happy 4th of July. Appreciate your response. I've tried the 15 and the 20 draws and it seems that the 20 draws gives you better opportunity to get #'s that will come out in the next drawing. The issue that so far I have seen is that when you have triples in your data things does not come out right ( having to little draws in your data ) so I'm trying to figure this one out. I'm seeing what happens if I treat the triple as an outlieror increase the amount of draws to decrease the impact of the triple. I will let you know how things are going once I try more predictive escenarios. Appreciate your time for your response.

Regards, Américo

United States
            Member #152758
            February 24, 2014
            327 Posts
            Posted: July 4, 2014, 10:15 am - IP Logged

forget  the   triples  dont  concider  it  at  all

United States
              Member #132100
              August 26, 2012
              1076 Posts
              Posted: July 4, 2014, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

Yes, you can try 20, 25 and 30 past draws and see which of them works best, also as somebody said, forget about the triples, if you also want to, then forget about the doubles as the singles come out the most often.

Sunny California
                United States
                Member #40295
                May 31, 2006
                7712 Posts
                Posted: July 4, 2014, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Hey, good morning. Happy 4th of July. Appreciate your response. I've tried the 15 and the 20 draws and it seems that the 20 draws gives you better opportunity to get #'s that will come out in the next drawing. The issue that so far I have seen is that when you have triples in your data things does not come out right ( having to little draws in your data ) so I'm trying to figure this one out. I'm seeing what happens if I treat the triple as an outlieror increase the amount of draws to decrease the impact of the triple. I will let you know how things are going once I try more predictive escenarios. Appreciate your time for your response.

Regards, Américo

You could always just skip the triples and or doubles and only use the 4 unmatched numbers. I know I always do when calculating my formulas. Just a suggestion.

san german
                  Puerto Rico
                  Member #156641
                  June 25, 2014
                  5 Posts
                  Posted: July 4, 2014, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Hello, thanks for your replies. I will do the homework of eliminating the triples / doubles ?? and will let you know the outcome.

Again thanks. Enjoy your 4th of July Holiday.

Regards, Américo