Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Well there goes Illinois Lucky Day Lotto...

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 2 years ago by arms1970.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: July 13, 2014, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

For all those who think the lotteries make changes with the players in mind.........

Illinois Lucky Day Lotto, which was a 5/39 game, is now a 5/45 game.

Bang Head

5 of 5 is still a progressive jackpot, 4 of 5 now pays $200 instead of $100, and 4 of 5 pays $15 instead of $10. 2 of 5 still pays $1. Whooopee.

The old JP odds were 1: 575,757

The new ones are 1:1,221,759

Bang Head

(I put this ion Discussions because it's more about how lotteries operate than about Pick 5)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5586 Posts
    Posted: July 13, 2014, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

For all those who think the lotteries make changes with the players in mind.........

Bang Head

5 of 5 is still a progressive jackpot, 4 of 5 now pays $200 instead of $100, and 4 of 5 pays $15 instead of $10. 2 of 5 still pays $1. Whooopee.

Bang Head

(I put this ion Discussions because it's more about how lotteries operate than about Pick 5)

It's a shame they take a good game and screw it up. Those odds are out whack for $150000.

But hey! It's still a buck! LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11974 Posts
      Posted: July 13, 2014, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Bang Head

Bang Head

How much are they paying back in prizes to winners?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: July 13, 2014, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

Ugh, that sucks. Anything to make the game harder for players to win.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90535
          April 29, 2010
          11974 Posts
          Posted: July 13, 2014, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

Bang Head

Bang Head

Illinois lottery might increase all lottery tickets to $5 soon.

United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10344 Posts
            Posted: July 14, 2014, 12:21 am - IP Logged

This is from the Illinois lottery Lucky Day Lotto FAQ page:

Better Prizes, Bigger Jackpots and Still Only $1!

The Lucky Day Lotto that you love, keeps getting better! We've recently doubled the Match 4 prize to $200 and increased the Match 3 prize to $15. Plus, EZ Match 1st and 2nd prizes are now 10X larger- $5,000 and $1,000! Subscribe to Lucky Day Lotto and never miss a lucky moment!

Each ticket costs $1

FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is Lucky Day Lotto changing?

We understand that Lucky Day Lotto has a loyal player base and we always want to do our best to make sure our products satisfy you. Feedback from players and retailers suggests that bigger jackpots would make this favorite game more interesting and appealing. The upcoming game change addresses the desire for bigger jackpots. We are changing Lucky Day Lotto to enable larger jackpots and bigger 2nd and 3rd prizes.

Does Lucky Day Lotto still cost $1 to play?

Yes. You will now get a bigger and better Lucky Day Lotto for the same price, with the same draw times.

How big will the NEW Lucky Day Lotto jackpots be?

On average, NEW Lucky Day Lotto jackpots will double in size and will be able to roll up to $1 million or more! This change will be enabled by the numbers played change: 5 numbers will be drawn out of 45 instead of 5 out of 39.

Are the other prizes for the Lucky Day Lotto base game still the same?

No. We are making most non-jackpot prizes sweeter, too! The Match 4 prize is now doubled to $200, and the Match 3 prize was increased to $15.

Is EZmatch changing?

Yes and in a great way! The 1st and 2nd EZmatch prizes will now be 10X bigger! The 1st prize will be $5,000 and the 2nd prize will be $1,000.

Will EZmatch still be available for both drawings?

Yes. You can still select EZmatch for both drawings, seven days a week. The choice to add EZmatch applies to all games played on the play slip.

Will the odds of playing Lucky Day Lotto remain the same?

No. To keep the price of the game the same and provide bigger jackpots and Match 4 prizes, the odds of the game were adjusted. The overall odds for Lucky Day Lotto are now 1:11.

Will the odds of playing EZmatch remain the same?

The overall odds for EZmatch are improving from 1:4.89 to 1:4.75!
            - See more at: http://www.illinoislottery.com/en-us/Lucky_Day_Lotto.html#sthash.0ZjRiDGz.dpuf

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Coin Toss here.........

The odds against hitting the EZmatch top prize when the game was 5/39 were 1:210,000.
            Now the top prize is $5,000 and the odds are 1:260,000 so I think it still makes more sense to throw the extra buck at the game instead of the EZmatch.

The game was 5/30 for a long time, then 5/39, now 5/45. I don't think I was on LP when it was 5/30 but certainly would have played it a lot more then if I would have known things I've picked up here.

Obviously Northstar is after more revenue for the same games and on this one is trying to entice players with bigger jackpots. People that post here on LP are much better informed players than others but sadly I think a lot of those others are clueless to what game changes like this really mean.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been curious about this kind of thing so am going to put a thread in Pick 5 and track the new matrix draws for 30 days to see how often one of the additional numbers hits.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Chicago
              United States
              Member #105244
              January 27, 2011
              11 Posts
              Posted: July 14, 2014, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Northstar  group (running the Illinois game) have their backs against the wall and are determined to squeeze every cent out of players.   Lookout for 6 am and 12 midnight draws soon. 

At this rate, I wont be surprised if the regular Illinois Lotto is bumped up into a 6/84 combo. I am now down to only playing the P3/4. 

Interestingly, I was unable to find any other  State that has the 5/45 combination, but I am probably mistaken here

Luckily, I will be able to save 14 bucks a week not playing the Lucky Day, now that they have upped their odds and removed the fun from what was a real good game

Chicago, Il
                United States
                Member #155131
                May 9, 2014
                28 Posts
                Posted: July 14, 2014, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I remember when the changed the extra ball on pick 3 and 4. Now very drawing has it. I was excited, until i found out they cut the prize in half. I won and found out. I played 987 combo. Then i played 976 10 x st/box, and 876 10 x st box. WIth the fireball. 987 came i and 6 was the fireball. So i actually one on all 3. My 976 was straight. The 876 was boxed. The straight on 976 only played 125.00, the boxed payed $20.00. I should have won alot more, especially when you're paying 2 bucks a ticket. For less? That was the last time i played. No thanks, and hey never said anything about cutting in half at any lottery location. Just advertised how its on every draw.

Chicago
                  United States
                  Member #105244
                  January 27, 2011
                  11 Posts
                  Posted: July 14, 2014, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

Very interesting.   I wonder what the distribution of winners on pick 4 straight would look like.  Michigan publishes such information while Illinois does not.

The Illinois lottery is NO LONGER the fun game it used to be.   Ooops!!!  Did I say Illinois Looottery?

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10344 Posts
                    Posted: July 14, 2014, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

hurley1333, arms1970,

Good points. These changes probably will make some people Pick 3 and 4 players.

Fireball really is a gimmick.

/////////////////////////////

This is partial information from the back of a new Lucky Day Lotto playslip (the other info. is odds)
                    Matching numbers  5/5 -Jackpot
                    Expected number of winners

4/5 $200
                    Expected umber of winners 200

3/5 $15

2/5 $1

Total expected number of winners: 106,801

It doesn't give any time frame for the expected number of winners but it's certainly not for one draw.

Maybe it's annually.

I'd like to call them up and ask, but the last time I did I asked how many Extra Shot balls there were on the lotto game and was put on hold while they asked around the office until someone had the answer -25 - I'm not kidding.

Lep

chipp's avatar - starwars26
                      Illinois
                      United States
                      Member #797
                      October 19, 2002
                      661 Posts
                      Posted: July 14, 2014, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

And whyyyyy can't 2 of five pay $2 now?  A win's a win so double it to dam**t.

This change seems geared towards the $5,000 ezmatch suckers bet. 

Sure we will see one smiling face at the lottery terminal during the promo period.

And then never ever going to be hit again.

Illinois
                        United States
                        Member #99771
                        October 31, 2010
                        1385 Posts
                        Posted: July 14, 2014, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

ur right chipp

Chicago, Il
                          United States
                          Member #155131
                          May 9, 2014
                          28 Posts
                          Posted: July 15, 2014, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Don't forget they had to put "my 3" in there also. No offense to those players. But why add another pick 3 game. I remember when the pick 3 had red ball and green ball. That was great, paid 20% more when you got a green ball with the win, red ball was a double draw. On a dollar ticket, nothing extra. Now it's all GREED GREED GREED. Wonder when they will introduce a $100 scratch ticket, im sure they will do it.

United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10344 Posts
                            Posted: July 17, 2014, 12:06 am - IP Logged

Today was the 4th day of the new matrix and the jackpot is now $500,000.

Northstar is probably loving it knowing that higher jackpots attract more players.

Of course it's higher, it's harder to hit.

Lep

Chicago
                              United States
                              Member #105244
                              January 27, 2011
                              11 Posts
                              Posted: July 17, 2014, 9:55 am - IP Logged

I don't think the new matrix is a good idea from the business point of view.   After the initial euphoria of bigger jackpots, people will soon figure out that hardly anyone wins frequently anymore.   Sales will slump just like those for the Lotto game where there is now a winner only about three times a year.

The pressure on Northstar  group to make more money for the state will drive Illinois Lottery to irrelevance

I wish many more players were aware that they are being taken to the cleaners

Iowa lottery took the cue and de-linked their pick3/pick4 games from the Illinois Lottery soon after someone here posted that the Iowa and Illinois Pick3/4 games were run by NorthStar of Illinois