Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Super Computers + Terminals = Rigged

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Nikkicute.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
C5VetteMN6's avatar - skull
Florida
United States
Member #66781
November 6, 2008
10 Posts
Posted: July 14, 2014, 10:27 am - IP Logged

My theory:   A super computer picks the winning numbers (5/36, 6/49), puts them on a shelf, then sends all other combinations to the states lottery distribution terminals.  They are in no fear of losing because the winning numbers are already picked out and shelved, only to be "tossed back into the ocean" when profits exceed total ticket combos sold.   

It's the perfect hustle....

NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    11979 Posts
    Posted: July 14, 2014, 10:52 am - IP Logged

My theory:   A super computer picks the winning numbers (5/36, 6/49), puts them on a shelf, then sends all other combinations to the states lottery distribution terminals.  They are in no fear of losing because the winning numbers are already picked out and shelved, only to be "tossed back into the ocean" when profits exceed total ticket combos sold.   

You have to play to win. Do not spend too much money though.LOL

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2659 Posts
      Posted: July 14, 2014, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

Type someone shoot this newbie

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4108 Posts
        Posted: July 14, 2014, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Its looking more like you got put on the shelf back in 08- and recently got tossed into the Ocean in 2014 with this weird idea of yours....nevertheless, welcome back!

On a side note: How would it be possible to pre pick the winning numbers- shelf them and then have a live drawing with the hope of those exact numbers falling as predicted? Do Tell O Wise One!

Detroit Michigan
          United States
          Member #38128
          April 24, 2006
          102 Posts
          Posted: July 14, 2014, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

WOW!!!

I do believe state lotteries and national lottery games such as Mega and Power Ball have the capability and technology to do so it all makes sense we the public lottery players go play our numbers quick pick or self pick and before the televised drawing the super computer scans all the numbers played throughout the country and if for instance they do not want a winner for that draw the computer picks the number combination that no one picked regardless if it was quick pick or self pick and the jackpot rolls over and I believe when they want it to be random they simply don't interfere with the programming for that nights draw.

Lotteries are a for profit business for States they want to make money not lose.

Please note that I am saying that this could happen with current computer technology I,m not saying it's being done. And anyone who thinks it can't be done your fooling yourself think about the fact that there is a cut off time before they show the drawings on TV so they can pull data from all terminals.

That's my opinion only. but I do still play all draw games available here in Michigan.

it's possible what do you think???

bobby623's avatar - abstract
            San Angelo, Texas
            United States
            Member #1097
            January 31, 2003
            1394 Posts
            Posted: July 14, 2014, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

It's true.
            The lotteries have a file or two where information about combinations sold exists.
            This is why they can make an early report regarding whether or not there was a winner. 

But, anyone who takes the time to actually watch a PB or MB ball machine drawing has got to know there is no way
            the outcome can be rigged. It's just can't be done.
            Now there was ONE exception where some wise guys changed the weight of some balls to get a favorable outcome.
            But, it was discovered and they paid a price.
            There are too many people involved in a drawing. Any kind of questionable outcome would be investigated.
            Now, computer drawings have a potential for criminal behavior.
            We simply don't know what goes on when drawings are held behind closed doors.
            But, again, I personally doubt that questionable outcomes would go undetected by the many folks involved.
            Just my opinion, of course.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
              Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4108 Posts
              Posted: July 14, 2014, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Vette- Upon further review, l notice that you were specifically speaking about computerized games, l digressed there big fella, but you do present an amusing scenario.

l found this piece rather interesting..

" Systems incorporating remote terminals with a central or host computer through a telephonic link are susceptible to various forms of security breach. For example terminals may be subject to improper on-site tampering, as by persons approved for limited access to the units.Also, stolen terminals may be removed to another location for illicit operation.Other security breaches may involve computer hackers seeking to violate the system without a terminal.

Once again- Welcome back.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #123290
                February 17, 2012
                3051 Posts
                Posted: July 16, 2014, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

lol I kind of thought of something like that before.

What got me interested in Pick4 was a player  listed on our state site who

won $165,000 in one month, never seen that before.

The pattern I've seen in our state (Wisconsin computer drawn, one pick3 and pick4 per day)

is that a player can do very well, 1 month and that's it!!  I have not seen that women listed

on the winners list in almost 2 years!!

Same with other player, he was a very consistent pick3 winner, listed as winning $1980 many

times over, he did very well for 1 month, again almost 2 years and have not seen

his name listed on the winners page.

I've seen this with other players as well, they do really well for 1 month and poof no more wins!

Never used the word "rigged" just thought are they blocking them from winningWhat?

Not like they both were breaking the bank, we have a $3m cap on both our pick3 and pick4 games.

On our site they winners names are listed along with where they purchased the ticket and I thought

maybe they can see multiple straight tickets being played at that location and they block numbers.

Silly thought anyways I know...Crazy

I guess I'm just wondering why the sudden stop on the wins? I know winning streaks come and go

but 2 years and nothing? dang! Perhaps the lotto changed up the computer program for picking the

numbers or whatever system some players used just dried up and no longer producing hits.