Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Just for fun: You have the clerk slide your playslip through the machine and it has a hiccup..

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 2 years ago by zinniagirl.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4104 Posts
Posted: July 17, 2014, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Your slip doesn't take- the clerk slides it through once more and it spits out 2 tickets.

..do you pay for both or leave one behind? Or do you surmise that if your ticket is the winning one, you know you going to have to split it with the one you decided not to purchase after all.

Would you reflect back on the moment as " should have,  could have? "- btw we talking about a $120 mil jackpot.

* Have a Great upcoming Weekend People. 

United States
    Member #149820
    December 9, 2013
    644 Posts
    Posted: July 17, 2014, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Is it the same numbers on both? Or different numbers on both? Hmmm just to be safe better buy both, cause you never know

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
      JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
      Member #141034
      April 2, 2013
      1408 Posts
      Posted: July 17, 2014, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

This is a no-brainer.  I always buy those kinds of tickets. I even buy the ones other customers refused to pay for.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4104 Posts
        Posted: July 17, 2014, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

Is it the same numbers on both? Or different numbers on both? Hmmm just to be safe better buy both, cause you never know

This happened yesterday to a guy in front of me- he handed the clerk his PB slip with 2 lines, the clerk slides it through the machine, hands the ticket back to this guy and waits for the printout to emerge, well 5 seconds pass and the clerk asks the guy for his slip once more to run it through...well, out comes 2 tickets, the machine had to have recorded the ticket when it went through the first time, by running it once more- it produced another ticket, same numbers.The clerks said he was " sorry" and handed the guy back his slip.Of course the clerks had to " eat" the other ticket since the guy said he was only paying $4.00. It then dawned to me that if the guy won- he would be splitting his winnings so to- speak with the store or clerk.

Lets just say that you do not want to pay an extra $4.00 for the other ticket, would it be out of line in asking them to let you have the extra ticket, and should you win- you would swing by and leave a sizable donation for their generosity...after all, those are " Your Numbers!"..

Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4104 Posts
          Posted: July 17, 2014, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

This is a no-brainer.  I always buy those kinds of tickets. I even buy the ones other customers refused to pay for.

Its only a " no-Brainer" if you have extra funds and are willing to roll the dice..

New York
            United States
            Member #156870
            July 2, 2014
            80 Posts
            Posted: July 17, 2014, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

If I had to split 120 million jackpot, I would be happy!

Common, don't be greedy, 60 million(22million after taxes) is still more than enough!

Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4104 Posts
              Posted: July 18, 2014, 1:23 am - IP Logged

If I had to split 120 million jackpot, I would be happy!

Common, don't be greedy, 60 million(22million after taxes) is still more than enough!

That's why l stated the obvious. ..." Just for fun"Big Smile abjorik.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #129225
                June 13, 2012
                546 Posts
                Posted: July 18, 2014, 7:13 am - IP Logged

This happened yesterday to a guy in front of me- he handed the clerk his PB slip with 2 lines, the clerk slides it through the machine, hands the ticket back to this guy and waits for the printout to emerge, well 5 seconds pass and the clerk asks the guy for his slip once more to run it through...well, out comes 2 tickets, the machine had to have recorded the ticket when it went through the first time, by running it once more- it produced another ticket, same numbers.The clerks said he was " sorry" and handed the guy back his slip.Of course the clerks had to " eat" the other ticket since the guy said he was only paying $4.00. It then dawned to me that if the guy won- he would be splitting his winnings so to- speak with the store or clerk.

Lets just say that you do not want to pay an extra $4.00 for the other ticket, would it be out of line in asking them to let you have the extra ticket, and should you win- you would swing by and leave a sizable donation for their generosity...after all, those are " Your Numbers!"..

This has actually happened to me.  The answer is YES i bought my second ticket. If the ticket is my numbers from my playslip I wouldn't want anyone else to have it.  I would never leave the clerk stuck paying for a mistake ticket and I wouldn't expect the clerk to give it to me for free. 

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                  ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                  United States
                  Member #4924
                  June 3, 2004
                  5893 Posts
                  Posted: July 18, 2014, 7:24 am - IP Logged

You are not alone. I know 4 clerks who split all unwanted tickets. For the last big PB draw, they had over 400 tickets. Some were w/o power play/ some with. I have no idea how much they are in the hole or won.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #94283
                    July 17, 2010
                    2284 Posts
                    Posted: July 18, 2014, 9:14 am - IP Logged

The unwanted ticket thing happened to me just last week.  I cashed in a $5 winner and asked for "a hot lotto".  The clerk ran my win ticket thru, then started punching buttons for the HL.  She said "a $5 hot lotto, right?"  I said no, just $1.  She punched a few more buttons and apparently couldn't figure out how to cancel what she had already put in, so went ahead and printed the $5 ticket! 

I almost said something because it made me mad that she put me in a spot where I had to decide to walk away from a mistake ticket.  I thought about buying the mistake sorta feeling bad about her having to find another buyer or eat the mistake, but then figured it's not my fault she doesn't know how to work the machine.  I checked the winnings for Idaho and was relieved to see there wasn't a big one for the next HL drawing.

Served as a reminder that I have to make out a play slip even for a single quick pick if I want to be safe.  Just a couple months ago I asked at a different store for 5 Powerball quickpicks and he brought back a single line for 5 draws.  Maybe someday I'll learn.  sigh

Baton Rouge, LA
                      United States
                      Member #4602
                      May 7, 2004
                      699 Posts
                      Posted: July 19, 2014, 10:33 am - IP Logged

I've had clerks give me the wrong ticket before and what I do is just buy it. Hate having to do that, but you never know.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                        adelaide sa
                        Australia
                        Member #37136
                        April 11, 2006
                        3300 Posts
                        Posted: July 20, 2014, 4:33 am - IP Logged

not here. they can cancel tickets, if they where the sort to   get ornery, and say " you cant have any tickets  unless you pay for the  extra ones, i would walk out.  tecnically  no one " owns" the numbers or i would have 1 2 3 4 5 6 copywrited

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                          nc
                          United States
                          Member #99520
                          October 26, 2010
                          375 Posts
                          Posted: July 20, 2014, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Unwanted mistake tickets get canceled if no one pays for them.   They are not bonuses for the clerks.  The clerks can choose to buy them or cancel them.