Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 1:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you subscribe to a Lottery Newsletter?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 2 years ago by destinycreation.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What kinds of articles would interest you?

Systems/Workouts [ 10 ]  [28.57%]
Statistics/Data [ 1 ]  [2.86%]
Lottery News [ 2 ]  [5.71%]
Hot Numbers To Play [ 4 ]  [11.43%]
Questions/Answers From Players [ 2 ]  [5.71%]
All of the above For YOUR STATE ONLY [ 8 ]  [22.86%]
All of the above For EVERY STATE [ 8 ]  [22.86%]
Total Valid Votes [ 35 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
lottobrain's avatar - box
Smyrna, DE
United States
Member #10074
January 1, 2005
125 Posts
Posted: July 27, 2014, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

It's a sad state of affairs for us lottery players at the newsstand. (Does anyone remember what these are? LOL)

I know...I know...everything's ONLINE now. E-this and E-that.

What about an old fashioned 10 to 12 Page PAPER Newsletter delivered to your (real) mailbox once a month?

Any interest?

I've always wanted to do one but I may be going the way of the dinosaur.

Don't tell me I'm extinct yet,please! lol.

Share your thoughts...anxious to hear,thanks!!! 

Back in the 80s there was such a magazine that covered about all of the selections you give in the survey. It was called "Lottery Player's Magazine.  I subscribed to it around 1987-1988.  Steve Player had 2 page ads in it and others such as One to Won, etc. Here is a mention of it on this site back in 2004.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/80260

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19964 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2014, 5:12 am - IP Logged

I never told her NOT to do what she wants. She asked what our thoughts were and I threw in my two cents. 

I like Lottolaughs. She likes to help animals in need just like I do. I actually saved a baby Gecko recently that was in my room for over a week by taking it outside the house, but an hour later it was being eaten by ants. I felt so bad, I thought I did the right thing. 

Crying

I don't know maybe here LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

cbr$'s avatar - maren
      Cordova,Al.
      United States
      Member #104482
      January 15, 2011
      5434 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2014, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Back in the 80s there was such a magazine that covered about all of the selections you give in the survey. It was called "Lottery Player's Magazine.  I subscribed to it around 1987-1988.  Steve Player had 2 page ads in it and others such as One to Won, etc. Here is a mention of it on this site back in 2004.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/80260

Yes, I do remember a magazine back in the 80s at was for the lottery players. It just kind of disappeared for some reason. This one was a monthly issue type. Yes, I would have continue to buy this item or something 97% , like it if it was still on the market. I would have subscribed to it.

Canada
        Member #153245
        March 10, 2014
        39 Posts
        Posted: July 29, 2014, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Meh, i doubt i would.

Smyrna, DE
          United States
          Member #10074
          January 1, 2005
          125 Posts
          Posted: July 29, 2014, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

If anyone is interested, I have attached a link about "Lottery Players Magazine" from April 1989 when the Pennsylvania Lottery had the biggest lotto jackpot known to US at the time, a $115 million Super 7 Lotto jackpot. I was working in Maryland at the time and I remember my boss and I driving up into PA to get tickets.  We stood in line which wound around the block from the store for over and hour, only to have the owner close the store once we got near the door.  He had called the police, I guess fearing a riot for doing so.  We were disappointed, but as we drove home, we spotted another store, not crowded, and were able to get our "losing" tickets!   

http://articles.philly.com/1989-04-25/news/26141337_1_pennsylvania-lottery-tickets-sam-valenza-million-illinois-lottery

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4986 Posts
            Posted: July 29, 2014, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

She asked for feedback from people so I have no idea why one LPer is saying she should do what "makes her happy!" lol. No one should try any idea or enter into any venture without vetting and investigating it first. That is basic common sense.

I think a newsletter on lottery questions and answers and topics might be workable. For example, when a number of people hit on a common set of numbers...i.e. 5 of 6 (it happened in VA reenltly 2-5-6-8-10 Decades of Dollars) explain parimutual, etc. There are a million topics out there but examples are needed to explain concepts and hit the point home.

J'aime La France.

Smyrna, DE
              United States
              Member #10074
              January 1, 2005
              125 Posts
              Posted: July 29, 2014, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

I checked out the story in VA about the Decade for Dollars July 24th draw wherein a total of 15 VA players and apparently there are other states involved in this game also because it said there were a total of 29 winners for the 5 out of 6 prize counting the winners from other states.  The numbers were 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 43 (you gave "5" as a winner, but the VA site shows "4".  This is why there were a lot of winners. In fact I'm surprised that there were not more. Because there were more than 25 winners, the regular $10,000 prize was reduced to $8,620 each based on pari-mutuel rules.l  This is one of the common "bad" plays that most lottery books tell us not to make......playing combinations like 1, 3, 5, 7 ,9 ,11 or 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12  etc. because if those numbers come out for a jackpot win, there will be many winners and most of the time we will not be "retired" by winning the jackpot.  Along this line, and remembering a story from "Lottery Players Magazine" back in the late 80s, there was a big lotto jackpot in Florida that had people flying in from overseas to play, people were mortgaging their houses to buy tickets.  The magazine reported that Florida Lottery told them there were around 50,000 tickets sold with the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and that had those numbers been the draw, those people would have only gotten about $1,000 each.

Sunny California
                United States
                Member #40295
                May 31, 2006
                7713 Posts
                Posted: July 30, 2014, 8:55 am - IP Logged

Thanks to all for your comments here...been catching up on reading them.

Veddy interesting!

Thank you lottobrain for that link. I think I read that before when looking up the Lottery Players magazine. They sure had their finger on the pulse of the lottery world. Don't think I could compete with that,lol.

I suppose it would be hard to have a "well-rounded" newsletter. 10 or 12 pages seems too short for that. A newsletter would have to be more specific in its subject. If you spread yourself too thin it won't be a satisfying read if you just get one story of this or one little line of that. Hmmm....lots to think about!!! 

It seems "systems" are winning out by a slim margin in the poll. 

toobright's avatar - binary

Ireland
                  Member #156049
                  June 7, 2014
                  7 Posts
                  Posted: July 30, 2014, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like a great idea, especially if other countries are included. Like Ireland. With Euro millions and a very "healthy" lottery industry here, I think you'd get some takers/buyers. Make it an ezine and distribution and running costs would be very low.

I first got interested in lottery in the late '80's after reading a booklet by two time Jackpot winner Stefan Klincewicz (see  Wikipedia). So yes, count me in.

South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #18322
                    July 9, 2005
                    1744 Posts
                    Posted: July 31, 2014, 9:42 am - IP Logged

Sounds like a great idea, especially if other countries are included. Like Ireland. With Euro millions and a very "healthy" lottery industry here, I think you'd get some takers/buyers. Make it an ezine and distribution and running costs would be very low.

I first got interested in lottery in the late '80's after reading a booklet by two time Jackpot winner Stefan Klincewicz (see  Wikipedia). So yes, count me in.

A new Lottery Magazine should  be an Online Lottery Magazine, accessible worldwide.  You might generate some revenue with this idea.  But, it  has to  offer something different  from  Lottery Post, because you would, in effect, be competing with Lottery Post.

A Print Publication would probably cost too much time and money in the long run.