Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

66 Million mega millions winner

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 2 years ago by maringoman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Poo Nanny's avatar - 2649029

United States
Member #125766
March 30, 2012
63 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2014, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Good to see someone young win. I can't post a link because the site won't let me. Actually threatened to kick he off if I try again lol. She is from my hometown and purchased the ticket next to where I work 40 miles away. That's twice I have been one store away with when I bought tickets. This time and when the people won in Port Huron around 2007. I don't know her, but hope she does good things with her money.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
    JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
    Member #141034
    April 2, 2013
    1410 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2014, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Boo Hoo Poo Nanny Poo Poo. What?

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2014, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

Poo Nanny  you mean the Michigan MM winner of 6/13/014? I haven't see the story yet.

Your handle is mad cool Big Grin

That money's gone fo ever

Poo Nanny's avatar - 2649029

United States
        Member #125766
        March 30, 2012
        63 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2014, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Yep...go to the michigan lottery site or any local paper and you can see it. 24 year old woman won. She's cute too!

United States
          Member #135804
          November 29, 2012
          318 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2014, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure her boyfriend is proposing very soon

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19911 Posts
            Posted: July 31, 2014, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Good to see someone young win. I can't post a link because the site won't let me. Actually threatened to kick he off if I try again lol. She is from my hometown and purchased the ticket next to where I work 40 miles away. That's twice I have been one store away with when I bought tickets. This time and when the people won in Port Huron around 2007. I don't know her, but hope she does good things with her money.

I Agree! 

great to hear that, i think there are a lot of young people that win really they just don't milk the press like the Ole folks do and to the press it is so unbelievable to them say someone 92 wins 500 million they are thinking what they going do with the moneyPoke

Congratulations to the WinnerParty

Let it Snow Snowman

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
              Happyland
              United States
              Member #146344
              September 1, 2013
              1129 Posts
              Posted: July 31, 2014, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

Yep...go to the michigan lottery site or any local paper and you can see it. 24 year old woman won. She's cute too!

She might be looking to become a sugar mommy Wink

On a serious note it is pretty cool to see younger people win. There seems to be a fine line between being stupid young and young when it comes to lottery winnings, but those who use the opportunity wisely can turn out quite successful.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
              If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
              P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #149492
                December 2, 2013
                919 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2014, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

Congrats to her!  I read the story posted on Michagan Lottery's website.  She's thinking about others before herself, and worked with financial advisers and a lawyer before claiming her prize.  Selfless and a smart girl, especially at 24.  Way to go...

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                  Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: August 1, 2014, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

I read her story and wish her all the best. She seems like a smart person. I think it's risky to hand over lottery tickets to the guy behind the counter to have them checked.

That money's gone fo ever