Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Stiffed on Winnings

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 2 years ago by LaJolie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Arroyo Grande, California
United States
Member #158283
August 17, 2014
2 Posts
Posted: August 17, 2014, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

I went to the 7 11 Store here in Arroyo Grande, Ca. I had a winning ticket of $2, that it said on line with The Mega number and 1 other number. At the 7 11 he would only give me $1 for it! They've stiffed me before of more money, at least a couple of times, and I'm wondering if they did it today for only $1.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19824 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2014, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

I went to the 7 11 Store here in Arroyo Grande, Ca. I had a winning ticket of $2, that it said on line with The Mega number and 1 other number. At the 7 11 he would only give me $1 for it! They've stiffed me before of more money, at least a couple of times, and I'm wondering if they did it today for only $1.

According to payout information at USAmega for the last MM drawing California only paid $1 for a mega ball +1 while the other states paid $2.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2014, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

From the California website:

"In California, POWERBALL/MEGA Millions prize amounts are pari-mutuel, will vary depending on ticket sales and number of winners and will differ from the fixed prizes shown on the POWERBALL/MEGA Millions website. "

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Arroyo Grande, California
        United States
        Member #158283
        August 17, 2014
        2 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2014, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

OK thanks. I thought it might be something like that, but since I'd been stiffed there a few times......