Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Idaho Has a New Draw Game

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 2 years ago by HoLeeKau.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
Idaho
United States
Member #94283
July 17, 2010
2284 Posts
Posted: August 19, 2014, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Each ticket is $5.  Too steep for me, for a top prize of $100K.  I predict this draw game will flop.  Would you play?

Idaho Bingo Logo

winning numbers

Winning numbers coming soon.
The first draw for Idaho Bingo will be held on August 20, 2014

drawing dates and times Idaho Bingo drawings are held every Wednesday and Saturday night at 7:59 p.m. MT!

Bingo Prize Chart Diamond pattern wins $100,000 odds 1:302,034 4 Lines wins $1,500 odds 1:21,903 X pattern wins $500 odds 1:2,990 3 lines wins $400 odds 1:1,524 Y pattern wins $200 odds 1:347 2 lines wins $50 odds 1:94 4 corners wins $25 odds 1:49 1 line wins $5 odds 1:8

The overall odds of winning a prize in this game are 1:6

Note: Idaho Bingo jackpot is $100,000 and is pari–mutuel.

Each Idaho Bingo ticket can only win ONE prize per ticket. For example, if you get 2 lines you win $50. You do not win an additional $5 for the 1 line prize.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    Happyland
    United States
    Member #146344
    September 1, 2013
    1129 Posts
    Posted: August 19, 2014, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Even though the price is $5 this game is actually better than the $1 and $2 All or Nothing in many states.

It has a initial payout of about 61.5%, which is better than most draw games (including the upcoming MONOPOLY game). Obviously this is the best possible rate....being pari-mutuel it will be a bit lower, depending on sales.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
    If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
    P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19843 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2014, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

Sure why not Smash

Let it Snow Snowman

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
        Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #37433
        April 14, 2006
        2747 Posts
        Posted: August 19, 2014, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

Would I play? No. I don't even like adding the Power Play to Power Ball. $5 is too much even if the odds are not insane like MM

That money's gone fo ever

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: August 19, 2014, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

I'm probably not going to be playing because I don't want to spend $5.00 on one ticket. They should have had the drawings on Thursday and Friday. We already have Weekly Grand, Hot Lotto, Wild Card and Powerball on those days.

ETA: Actually tomorrow they are having the first drawing so I think I will buy one ticket to try it out.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19828 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2014, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Each ticket is $5.  Too steep for me, for a top prize of $100K.  I predict this draw game will flop.  Would you play?

Idaho Bingo Logo

winning numbers

Winning numbers coming soon.
            The first draw for Idaho Bingo will be held on August 20, 2014

drawing dates and times Idaho Bingo drawings are held every Wednesday and Saturday night at 7:59 p.m. MT!

Bingo Prize Chart Diamond pattern wins $100,000 odds 1:302,034 4 Lines wins $1,500 odds 1:21,903 X pattern wins $500 odds 1:2,990 3 lines wins $400 odds 1:1,524 Y pattern wins $200 odds 1:347 2 lines wins $50 odds 1:94 4 corners wins $25 odds 1:49 1 line wins $5 odds 1:8

The overall odds of winning a prize in this game are 1:6

Note: Idaho Bingo jackpot is $100,000 and is pari–mutuel.

Each Idaho Bingo ticket can only win ONE prize per ticket. For example, if you get 2 lines you win $50. You do not win an additional $5 for the 1 line prize.

Don't you have to live in Idaho to play?  If so, that pretty much decides who will be playing it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: August 19, 2014, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Don't you have to live in Idaho to play?  If so, that pretty much decides who will be playing it.

Well, we get people from other states who are driving through who buy tickets. I know people from Utah who will cross to the Idaho border to get tickets since they don't have the lottery.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19843 Posts
                Posted: August 19, 2014, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

You get out much  Patriot

Let it Snow Snowman

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7313 Posts
                  Posted: August 19, 2014, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

I'm probably not going to be playing because I don't want to spend $5.00 on one ticket. They should have had the drawings on Thursday and Friday. We already have Weekly Grand, Hot Lotto, Wild Card and Powerball on those days.

ETA: Actually tomorrow they are having the first drawing so I think I will buy one ticket to try it out.

It takes 12 numbers for a diamond and 15 numbers must be drawn to get a 4 line match, but the state site only explains what days and at what time.  Do you have any information on how many numbers will be drawn and are all the tickets QPs?

Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #94283
                    July 17, 2010
                    2284 Posts
                    Posted: August 19, 2014, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

I had to search, but here's a little more info.  It appears the tickets are all QPs.  It would take a lot of doing to make your own bingo grid each time.

how to play

1. Tickets are $5 each.
                    2. There are eight different prize levels from $5 up to the jackpot of $100,000.
                    3. 30 numbers from a pool of 75 are selected each draw.
                    4. Each ticket is produced with a Bingo grid that has randomly selected numbers in five columns: (B = 1-15, I = 16-30, N=31-45, G=46-60, O=61-75). There is a free space in the middle of every card on the ticket (No playslips, quick pick only).
                    5. One Bingo grid appears on each $5 ticket.
                    6. Players win by matching one of the winning patterns. These patterns are shown below on the prize chart.
                    7. All winning tickets must match a winning pattern completely.
                    8. Five week, ten draw advance multi-draw tickets are available.
                    9. Each Idaho Bingo ticket can only win one prize per ticket. For example, if you get 2 lines you win $50. You do not win an additional $5 for the 1 line prize.
                      Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #94283
                      July 17, 2010
                      2284 Posts
                      Posted: August 19, 2014, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

Let me clarify.  Would you play this game if it were available to you?  IOW, is there something I'm failing to see that would make it worth playing?  Razz

Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #94283
                        July 17, 2010
                        2284 Posts
                        Posted: August 19, 2014, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

When they came out with Weekly Grand I told them I might play if the draw was Monday and Thursday when there are no other draws.  They told me most of the players prefer drawings all on the same night for convenience, which doesn't make sense to me. 

I've found them to be very unresponsive.  Even when I've had ongoing problems with a certain vending machine they tend to just blow it off.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4792 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2014, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I can get a $1 ticket in VA cash 5 for life for a chance at $100,000 (pick 5) and I think the overall pot size is $1-2 million.

J'aime La France.

Idaho
                            United States
                            Member #56506
                            November 21, 2007
                            6537 Posts
                            Posted: August 19, 2014, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

It takes 12 numbers for a diamond and 15 numbers must be drawn to get a 4 line match, but the state site only explains what days and at what time.  Do you have any information on how many numbers will be drawn and are all the tickets QPs?

I just went and bought a ticket. A Bingo brochure  I got says that 30 numbers will be drawn.

Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #56506
                              November 21, 2007
                              6537 Posts
                              Posted: August 19, 2014, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

When they came out with Weekly Grand I told them I might play if the draw was Monday and Thursday when there are no other draws.  They told me most of the players prefer drawings all on the same night for convenience, which doesn't make sense to me. 

I've found them to be very unresponsive.  Even when I've had ongoing problems with a certain vending machine they tend to just blow it off.

Yeah that makes no sense. I would love the games to be more spread out. I wonder if they actually did a survey or if they are just saying that.