Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 6:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Other than youself who or what kind of person would you like to see win a jackpot large or small??

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 2 years ago by music*.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
USA
United States
Member #152799
February 25, 2014
1095 Posts
Posted: August 23, 2014, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

I would like to see a homeless person win who had sacrificed his/her last $2.00 on a lottery ticket instead of wasting it on alcohol or a few cigarettes.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    Happyland
    United States
    Member #146344
    September 1, 2013
    1131 Posts
    Posted: August 23, 2014, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I would like to see a homeless person win who had sacrificed his/her last $2.00 on a lottery ticket instead of wasting it on alcohol or a few cigarettes.

I think they are have been a few cases of this happening, such as this man in Hungary last September.

When I was homeless the last thing on my mind was the lottery, alcohol or cigarettes (though to be honest, I don't smoke and only casually drink). I was more looking forward to spending that $2.00 on McDonald's dollar menu! Crazy LOL

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
    If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
    P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Portland, OR
      United States
      Member #145973
      August 20, 2013
      226 Posts
      Posted: August 23, 2014, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

A deadbeat father.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

philly
        United States
        Member #484
        July 14, 2002
        49 Posts
        Posted: August 23, 2014, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

A PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK BLUECOLLAR SOB!!!!   US Flag   Thumbs Up  Cheers

Baton Rouge, LA
          United States
          Member #4602
          May 7, 2004
          700 Posts
          Posted: August 23, 2014, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

I'd like to see an average middle class person or someone who's been struggling get the money. Someone who won't go crazy with the money buying expensive cars, houses, etc., only to go broke. Someone who will make good use of the money to live a comfortable life.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
            TX
            United States
            Member #121193
            January 4, 2012
            1637 Posts
            Posted: August 24, 2014, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Since the title says "Other than yourself", I hope its a friend/relative who I have an agreement with about the shared winnings aspect. As for beyond that ????...Well I have 3 scenarios.....I would have to vote for a person who has family members with special needs. My second choice is for a guy/gal who's worked hard all their life, helped others in a moments notice. That person who has never gotten a break and could really use it.... My last choice would be for someone who's heavily involved with our Veterans, who would invest a large jackpot portion and take the yearly dividends/profits to assist families of our wounded warriors.

Albany
              United States
              Member #156363
              June 16, 2014
              17 Posts
              Posted: September 3, 2014, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

A friend of mine, a 30-year old single mother of two, is somebody I would like to see win.  I know she will do good things for her children with that money.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                Member #121745
                January 16, 2012
                4989 Posts
                Posted: September 3, 2014, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

A poor struggling artist who lives in a van down by the river.

J'aime La France.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                  Happy California
                  United States
                  Member #157856
                  August 2, 2014
                  1552 Posts
                  Posted: September 4, 2014, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

Charity begins at home. So blood relatives first then charity.  When you do give to charity make it an arm's length move, meaning the recipient does not know your name or anything else about you. Then the poor person will not ask you for more but will ask the organization that you donated too.  While  you are at it , check the history of the charity you give too.Banana