Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:22 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Virginia Lottery Players...

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 2 years ago by RedStang.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Should VA Start a newer game ???

Yes [ 3 ]  [50.00%]
No [ 1 ]  [16.67%]
IDK [ 2 ]  [33.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 6 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
NickFrancis441's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Brookneal,VA
United States
Member #154459
April 16, 2014
542 Posts
Posted: August 24, 2014, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

To me I wouldn't mind another kind of pick 3 or even pick 2 like ive seen in some states.....maybe not a HUGE payout but Im just not digging Decades of Dollars or Win for Life....they just seem impossible to hit and the payout isn't even close to how the odds are. So not asking for a Huge payout game just maybe a game Like SUMS or Pick 2 or some kind of added bonus to the pick 3 game ...now the pick 3 Boost is good but you have no control over the bonus numbers so0o ....idk just a random Thought/Question!

You Can't WIN ......if You DON'T Play !~!

Vinton va
    United States
    Member #158491
    August 24, 2014
    660 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2014, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

I think pick 3 is easy

OrangeCrush's avatar - Lottery-064.jpg
      Northern Virginia
      United States
      Member #105571
      February 2, 2011
      10 Posts
      Posted: August 25, 2014, 12:11 am - IP Logged

They are getting rid of Win for Life and replacing it with a $2 game called Moneyball.

Here’s how the game works: You select five numbers out of 35 numbered balls. The Lottery will draw five balls out of 36. That’s 35 numbered balls plus one Gold Million Dollar Money Ball. If the Gold Million Dollar Money Ball is one of the five balls drawn, an additional numbered ball is drawn and the top prize in that drawing immediately increases from $100,000 to $1 million.

Players can win $2, $10, $100, $100,000 or $1 million, depending on how many numbers they match. The odds of winning the $1 million prize are 1 in 2,337,350.

$1,000,000 Money Ball replaces Win for Life, which will conclude a very successful eight-year run with the September 13 drawing. The Win for Life game created 44 lifetime-winners ($1,000 per week for the rest of the winner’s life) in Virginia while generating an estimated $95 million for Virginia’s K-12 public schools. 

They have more info on the website.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2680 Posts
        Posted: August 25, 2014, 5:48 am - IP Logged

Skeptical interesting ......

Brookneal,VA
          United States
          Member #154459
          April 16, 2014
          542 Posts
          Posted: August 25, 2014, 10:04 am - IP Logged

They are getting rid of Win for Life and replacing it with a $2 game called Moneyball.

Here’s how the game works: You select five numbers out of 35 numbered balls. The Lottery will draw five balls out of 36. That’s 35 numbered balls plus one Gold Million Dollar Money Ball. If the Gold Million Dollar Money Ball is one of the five balls drawn, an additional numbered ball is drawn and the top prize in that drawing immediately increases from $100,000 to $1 million.

Players can win $2, $10, $100, $100,000 or $1 million, depending on how many numbers they match. The odds of winning the $1 million prize are 1 in 2,337,350.

$1,000,000 Money Ball replaces Win for Life, which will conclude a very successful eight-year run with the September 13 drawing. The Win for Life game created 44 lifetime-winners ($1,000 per week for the rest of the winner’s life) in Virginia while generating an estimated $95 million for Virginia’s K-12 public schools. 

They have more info on the website.

Sounds good ...look forward to playing.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4987 Posts
            Posted: August 25, 2014, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

I am disappointed to hear that Win for life in nearing the end of its life (no pun intended....lol). This is a great game and I always won the most money here...I got 3 plus the bonus ball (the one you cannot pick) and won $30 each several times and I always buy 2 tickets with the same numbers.

First, the other states got out of Win for life then VA bragged on its website that VA had its own game now.  Now, weeks later, they plan to eliminate it.  I love Decades of Dollars also. The Virginia Lottery's new game will cost $2.00 vs $1.00 now to try to win a million.

J'aime La France.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
              Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #37433
              April 14, 2006
              2747 Posts
              Posted: August 25, 2014, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

On wikipedia there is a gossip that Virginia is soon going to join NY & NJ and offer Cash4Life. These multistate games have horrible payouts.

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                Member #121745
                January 16, 2012
                4987 Posts
                Posted: August 25, 2014, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

On wikipedia there is a gossip that Virginia is soon going to join NY & NJ and offer Cash4Life. These multistate games have horrible payouts.

Cash 4 life looks similar to Decades of Dollars. I bet they will dump decades next. As Lucy said..."WWAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

J'aime La France.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                  Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: August 25, 2014, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Cash 4 life looks similar to Decades of Dollars. I bet they will dump decades next. As Lucy said..."WWAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

How about the jp payout? is it same amount or higher? I think Cah4Life jp is $7M lumpsum

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                    Member #121745
                    January 16, 2012
                    4987 Posts
                    Posted: August 25, 2014, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

How about the jp payout? is it same amount or higher? I think Cah4Life jp is $7M lumpsum

Decades is $4 million if you take the lump sum.

J'aime La France.

Brookneal,VA
                      United States
                      Member #154459
                      April 16, 2014
                      542 Posts
                      Posted: August 25, 2014, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Saw Flyer on the VA lottery store about the new game coming middle of September ...guess we'll have to see how it goes...would still love a little easier (better odds) game rather than picking 5-6 numbers for millions of dollars (which is HIGHLY unlikely).

OrangeCrush's avatar - Lottery-064.jpg
                        Northern Virginia
                        United States
                        Member #105571
                        February 2, 2011
                        10 Posts
                        Posted: August 28, 2014, 12:34 am - IP Logged

I am disappointed to hear that Win for life in nearing the end of its life (no pun intended....lol). This is a great game and I always won the most money here...I got 3 plus the bonus ball (the one you cannot pick) and won $30 each several times and I always buy 2 tickets with the same numbers.

First, the other states got out of Win for life then VA bragged on its website that VA had its own game now.  Now, weeks later, they plan to eliminate it.  I love Decades of Dollars also. The Virginia Lottery's new game will cost $2.00 vs $1.00 now to try to win a million.

I won $600 a few years ago with Win for Life. The most I've ever won on any game.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                          NY
                          United States
                          Member #121961
                          January 21, 2012
                          3159 Posts
                          Posted: August 28, 2014, 10:31 am - IP Logged

I always play WFL when i drive through Va and usually hit a few $$ every time. Replacing this with a $2 game that's not that great is a big mistake.