Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

wonder if some people who play mm or pb don't even know what the multiplier or poweplay is

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 2 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: August 25, 2014, 7:22 am - IP Logged

I wonder if some people who play MM or PB don't know what the multiplier or power play is?  For myself there was a period of time that I had no clue what it meant. I remember asking a clerk who told me and then I went to my states lottey site to really get a better understanding of what the winngs would be if you added the extra dollar. Ever since then I always play with the multiplier or poweplay added in. Since I only buy 1 ticket per play it always seems worth it to me. I remember when 2nd prize on MM was 250,000 and if you added added the extra dollar for the multiplier it would be 1 million ( of course less after taxes). It just seems when I see a 2nd place winner in my state or on this site or when I read about the states with 2nd place winners it's usually people without playing the multplier or powerplay option. Makes me think that there are people who may not even know what it means to spend that extra dollar and play that way. Granted many people want to spend less money or buy more tickets for the chance to win instead. I don't want to leave any money on the table if a miracle happens and I win 2nd or 3rd prize on a ticket.

United States
    Member #145267
    August 1, 2013
    1672 Posts
    Posted: August 25, 2014, 8:14 am - IP Logged

And may-be for some the odds are to high to spend the extra 1.00. .

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      41845 Posts
      Posted: August 25, 2014, 8:26 am - IP Logged

I wonder if some people who play MM or PB don't know what the multiplier or power play is?  For myself there was a period of time that I had no clue what it meant. I remember asking a clerk who told me and then I went to my states lottey site to really get a better understanding of what the winngs would be if you added the extra dollar. Ever since then I always play with the multiplier or poweplay added in. Since I only buy 1 ticket per play it always seems worth it to me. I remember when 2nd prize on MM was 250,000 and if you added added the extra dollar for the multiplier it would be 1 million ( of course less after taxes). It just seems when I see a 2nd place winner in my state or on this site or when I read about the states with 2nd place winners it's usually people without playing the multplier or powerplay option. Makes me think that there are people who may not even know what it means to spend that extra dollar and play that way. Granted many people want to spend less money or buy more tickets for the chance to win instead. I don't want to leave any money on the table if a miracle happens and I win 2nd or 3rd prize on a ticket.

Sometimes I play, sometimes I don't.

HyperBe Happy.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
        Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #37433
        April 14, 2006
        2747 Posts
        Posted: August 25, 2014, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Lots of people don't know many things about the draw games. That's why they hand over their tickets to the guy behind the counter to have them checked.

That money's gone fo ever

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5738 Posts
          Posted: August 25, 2014, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

I always play the MM megaplier because second prize would be at least 2 million, and maybe 5 million.

On the other hand, I rarely play PB powerplay because the ticket is already $2, and second prize would only be 2 million with the powerplay. Also, the prize structure for PB is really wacky. And the powerplay number "2" is much more likely to show than the other powerplay numbers.

The odds for second prize are much better for PB than for MM though.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4144 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2014, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Californians don't have that option..... but we make up for it by winning the whole enchilada.

Who needs those pesky megapliers when someone in your State just bagged $180 mil over the weekend?  Smile