Welcome Guest
You last visited April 25, 2018, 1:58 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Did Darren Brown actually predicted the lottery?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 4 years ago by eddessaknight.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #97951
September 28, 2010
263 Posts
Posted: September 3, 2014, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Darren Brown has predicted the lottery live in front of millions of people. What is your opinion on Darren Brown's lottery prediction?

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1875 Posts
    Posted: September 3, 2014, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Questions like this require a bit of background before anyone can attempt to answer it.

You could have helped by explaining that Derren Brown is a British magician/illusionist who seemingly predicted the UK National lottery.

Although he claims, if you choose to believe, that he did so by "wisdom of crowd phenomena" and "automatic writing."

Most everyone else, regretfully, attributes his amazing prediction to split screen technology; noting that he never revealed his predictions until after they were drawn.

In any case, he didn't have enough confidence in his prediction to bet, so he won nothing.

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
      Member #9517
      December 10, 2004
      1429 Posts
      Posted: September 3, 2014, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

It was an illusion. He's an illusionist, nothing more.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        20163 Posts
        Posted: September 4, 2014, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Darren Brown has predicted the lottery live in front of millions of people. What is your opinion on Darren Brown's lottery prediction?

There has been a few at LP made the same claim but like him they didn't play so it's just a claim and not a fact.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning one * 

Evil Looking       

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: September 4, 2014, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

If I was a magician, I would first win the JP for myself then help other people win theirs.

That money's gone fo ever

United States
            Member #97951
            September 28, 2010
            263 Posts
            Posted: September 5, 2014, 4:28 am - IP Logged

Criss Angel did something similar,no one has exposed how he did it.

United States
              Member #97951
              September 28, 2010
              263 Posts
              Posted: September 5, 2014, 4:33 am - IP Logged

Questions like this require a bit of background before anyone can attempt to answer it.

You could have helped by explaining that Derren Brown is a British magician/illusionist who seemingly predicted the UK National lottery.

Although he claims, if you choose to believe, that he did so by "wisdom of crowd phenomena" and "automatic writing."

Most everyone else, regretfully, attributes his amazing prediction to split screen technology; noting that he never revealed his predictions until after they were drawn.

In any case, he didn't have enough confidence in his prediction to bet, so he won nothing.

The question is for anyone who already  know who Darren Brown is.

Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                1875 Posts
                Posted: September 5, 2014, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Okay. This was one of those "I stumped everybody" questions.  Well.....

You lose. DErren Brown (yes with the E is the proper spelling), is not etched in everyones mind. Not to mention you are referring to an event that took place in 2009. Most of us can't remember what color underwear we wore in 2009 much less the mundane non-events of our lives.

There are primarily two reasons people do not respond to a post; 1) not enough information is given (or maybe someone MISSPELLS a key word like DERREN)  to prevent anyone from googling it. 2) People have no idea what you are on about.

Congratulations for succeeding in both categories.

G

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  1875 Posts
                  Posted: September 5, 2014, 10:24 am - IP Logged

You can buy the Criss Angel version  online for $795. Or get it on ebay for $199. It's called the Impossible Cassette Prediction. It was discussed thoroughly at the magic cafe, a forum for magicians.

G

United States
                    Member #97951
                    September 28, 2010
                    263 Posts
                    Posted: September 22, 2014, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

I've seen all the debunking videos, even his own explanation doesn't reveal how he really did it.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7685 Posts
                      Posted: September 22, 2014, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Okay. This was one of those "I stumped everybody" questions.  Well.....

You lose. DErren Brown (yes with the E is the proper spelling), is not etched in everyones mind. Not to mention you are referring to an event that took place in 2009. Most of us can't remember what color underwear we wore in 2009 much less the mundane non-events of our lives.

There are primarily two reasons people do not respond to a post; 1) not enough information is given (or maybe someone MISSPELLS a key word like DERREN)  to prevent anyone from googling it. 2) People have no idea what you are on about.

Congratulations for succeeding in both categories.

G

Different versions of that trick were done a couple of times by magicians on America's Got Talent. The real trick is showing the lottery numbers before the drawing and obviously never done.

Reminds me of some of the number predictors on LP.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #92330
                        June 5, 2010
                        887 Posts
                        Posted: September 23, 2014, 7:38 am - IP Logged

Different versions of that trick were done a couple of times by magicians on America's Got Talent. The real trick is showing the lottery numbers before the drawing and obviously never done.

Reminds me of some of the number predictors on LP.

I predict the winning numbers for MM every single draw. The problem is I don't write them down and forget what they were until after the draw.

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
                          LAS VEGAS
                          United States
                          Member #47729
                          November 22, 2006
                          5417 Posts
                          Posted: September 23, 2014, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

When players make mental bets and lose; do they often lose their minds??? LOL

Fortes Fortuna JuvatSun Smiley

Eddessa_Knight