Welcome Guest
You last visited July 22, 2017, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When is 55 going to be in a MM winning combination?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 3 years ago by ttech10.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
20097 Posts
Posted: September 4, 2014, 2:46 am - IP Logged

MegaMillions has had 91 drawings since its new matrix of 5/75 + 1/15 begin and all the other numbers has been drawn at least twice and 44 of them six or more times.  It's like 55 is not in the number pool. That's like reducing the possible combinations by 17,259,390.  Until 55 comes up I'm going to start playing like the number pool only has 74 numbers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
    Nutley, New Jersey
    United States
    Member #131058
    August 1, 2012
    887 Posts
    Posted: September 4, 2014, 5:22 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure that matters.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      47935 Posts
      Posted: September 4, 2014, 7:21 am - IP Logged

Friday, no promises though.

Hyper

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: September 4, 2014, 11:44 am - IP Logged

I'm sure it will pop up soon. Keep playying it.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
          Happyland
          United States
          Member #146344
          September 1, 2013
          1139 Posts
          Posted: September 4, 2014, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

Chi-square test gives p-value of 0.8845, which is far from significant. Would probably have to go another 100 draws before it meant anything.

You and everyone else will be playing 55 Wink

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
          If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
          P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2755 Posts
            Posted: September 4, 2014, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

MegaMillions has had 91 drawings since its new matrix of 5/75 + 1/15 begin and all the other numbers has been drawn at least twice and 44 of them six or more times.  It's like 55 is not in the number pool. That's like reducing the possible combinations by 17,259,390.  Until 55 comes up I'm going to start playing like the number pool only has 74 numbers.

Skeptical

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              20097 Posts
              Posted: September 4, 2014, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure it will pop up soon. Keep playying it.

I'm sure some players were thinking that back as long as 113 drawings even before the latest matrix change.

Evil Looking       

music*'s avatar - bee
                Fresno California
                United States
                Member #157856
                August 2, 2014
                1801 Posts
                Posted: September 4, 2014, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Thank You RJOh for the tip.  I will soon be playing only numbers above 31. I really do not want to share with players who are using birthdays, 19's, 20's, etc..Lurking

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  20097 Posts
                  Posted: September 4, 2014, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

Thank You RJOh for the tip.  I will soon be playing only numbers above 31. I really do not want to share with players who are using birthdays, 19's, 20's, etc..Lurking

I'm more concerned about winning than sharing, it's unlikely I will ever do either. Unhappy

Evil Looking       

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    6369 Posts
                    Posted: September 4, 2014, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

I'm more concerned about winning than sharing, it's unlikely I will ever do either. Unhappy

Well you never know RJOh.

Skyline69's wife won second prize on PB for a million dollars on a QP last year.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      6369 Posts
                      Posted: September 4, 2014, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

I was intrigued by your sig, "you just need the right ticket".

I'm always struggling with whether I should buy 10 or 20 tickets instead of just one as I usually do. Theoretically the more tics you buy the better your chances, but the odds on all these games (state games too) are so high, I'm not sure buying a bunch of tics makes that much of a difference in the chances of winning the jackpot.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
                        Member #145267
                        August 1, 2013
                        1740 Posts
                        Posted: September 4, 2014, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

I agree with buying more tickets if you can afford it.  I buy more scratch-offs tickets now, but when I do buy MM and PB tickets, I buy more than one ticket.

I'm still torn on buying all on one ticket or separate tickets to boost my luck.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          20097 Posts
                          Posted: September 4, 2014, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

I was intrigued by your sig, "you just need the right ticket".

I'm always struggling with whether I should buy 10 or 20 tickets instead of just one as I usually do. Theoretically the more tics you buy the better your chances, but the odds on all these games (state games too) are so high, I'm not sure buying a bunch of tics makes that much of a difference in the chances of winning the jackpot.

There's a big difference between buying one ticket and buying twenty.  It all depends on your strategy, if you're wheeling numbers then you have to play enough lines to get the cover you want or if you just want to be in the game then one line is enough.  I usually like to play all the lines I post on the prediction board 'cause I would hate to predict a winner and not play it.  It doesn't happen often but last year I was one number off from predicting a jackpot winning for our local Classic Lotto game.

Evil Looking       

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                            Marquette, MI
                            United States
                            Member #20541
                            August 20, 2005
                            746 Posts
                            Posted: September 4, 2014, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

It could be years or decades before 55 pops up!

I have fantasy 5 numbers that have been played since the start over 10 years ago here in Michigan that have yet to come for more than$10 and I have 6/xx numbers that have been played for  30 years that have yet to come for more than $5.

Cue the Sammy Haggar "I can't play 55"  music here.

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7515 Posts
                              Posted: September 4, 2014, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure some players were thinking that back as long as 113 drawings even before the latest matrix change.

Every number has 1 in 15 chance in the next drawing, has the same chance in the next 15 drawings, just like they had that same chance in the last 113 drawings. All the numbers including 55 will eventually be drawn, but until we're positive 55's vacation is over, it's not a bad idea to not use it. Just going back 75 drawings, the numbers drawn 2 or less times all missed the last 4 drawings. The number 44 was drawn twice, the last on April 11 which was last time the number 57 last drawn even though it shows 5 other hits before that. 

When we discussed playing half the numbers, 28 when MM had 56, the odds of any group of 28 numbers is 1 in 39, but also saw where after every drawing there was a group of 28 numbers that matched all five numbers in at least 5 consecutive drawings. In the last 15 drawings 24 numbers weren't drawn so the number 55 had lots of company. And just like the group of 28 numbers, half of the 75 numbers were drawn in the last ten consecutive drawings.