Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scratcher search

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Scratch$.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Apopka, Fl
United States
Member #129929
July 1, 2012
1 Posts
Posted: September 8, 2014, 7:53 am - IP Logged

Does anyone have info on scratcher distribution to retailers.  Game 1048 "lucky for life" $20.00, began in jan 2010 and is currently the oldest scratcher out there.  The Florida lottery alleges that there are five jackpots still in play.  The problem is that it's hard to find.  It is my understanding that, The chain retailers have either an internal "plan" for puchase or the lottery autoships.  The Individual retailers must specifically request.  I have asked over 150 retailers in the greater Orlando area and none have it or plan to order.  Comments?

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5615 Posts
    Posted: September 8, 2014, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Does anyone have info on scratcher distribution to retailers.  Game 1048 "lucky for life" $20.00, began in jan 2010 and is currently the oldest scratcher out there.  The Florida lottery alleges that there are five jackpots still in play.  The problem is that it's hard to find.  It is my understanding that, The chain retailers have either an internal "plan" for puchase or the lottery autoships.  The Individual retailers must specifically request.  I have asked over 150 retailers in the greater Orlando area and none have it or plan to order.  Comments?

Can't help you much on that. I don't play scratchers much, maybe one a week. My problem with them is that the lottery will tell you there are "x" winners out there. But what you don't know is does somebody have the winning tic and doesn't know it, and threw it away, or has the winning tics even been distributed to the retailers yet, or have any retailers have the tics in a back room and haven't gotten around to activating the pack. You might be searching for a tic with some top prizes left that aren't even possible to buy yet.

So, I play one a week, and stick mostly to the draw games. Good luck.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10354 Posts
      Posted: September 8, 2014, 10:20 am - IP Logged

They are at a Publix in Miami.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

cbr$'s avatar - maren
        Cordova,Al.
        United States
        Member #104482
        January 15, 2011
        4927 Posts
        Posted: September 8, 2014, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Here is some info I can give on scratch- off tickets. The retailers put in a order for scratch -off tickets once a week. That order is delivered to them, by a Lottery Representative the following week. It is not alleged that there are 5 top Jackpot prizes are left in your game. They are out there. Walk into a Lottery Office Headquarter, look at their bulletin board. Find the sheet on your game. They are constantly updating that board. If you can't find it on the board. Go to the desk, ask someone behind the desk if they a extra copy of prize list left for your game. IF not, could they please make you a copy. They are happy to do so. Now, since you when to all trouble of calling 150 retailers in the Orlando area, Call out of your area. Fl. is a big state, one jackpot could be at the southern tip, another on the coast etc. Good Luck & God Bless

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
          Member #158848
          September 5, 2014
          294 Posts
          Posted: September 8, 2014, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

According to the FL Lottery website, there are only 3 top prizes left, not 5. There are 5 second prizes left, however.

The card is almost 5 years old, and it's obviously sold out in the Orlando area. Your best bet would be to check with retailers in cities/towns outside the Orlando metropolitan area.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions