Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you play your own numbers

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 2 years ago by maringoman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
Columbus, Ohio
United States
Member #128906
June 5, 2012
591 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2014, 5:59 am - IP Logged

If you play your own numbers, How many games do you play?  I play 3 games (every drawing) MM, PB and RC (state game)  My thinking is sooner or later the numbers will drop in either game.  The closest I came was PB in July, I had 2 white numbers and the extra number which was $35 (then I was off by 1 number of the remaining 3 numbers)

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: September 16, 2014, 7:55 am - IP Logged

If you play your own numbers, How many games do you play?  I play 3 games (every drawing) MM, PB and RC (state game)  My thinking is sooner or later the numbers will drop in either game.  The closest I came was PB in July, I had 2 white numbers and the extra number which was $35 (then I was off by 1 number of the remaining 3 numbers)

I have read plenty of stories in LP and elsewhere where players have chased the same numbers for over 20 years and finally hit. There are LP players who have played the same numbers for over 20 years and never hit.

That money's gone fo ever

Portland, OR
      United States
      Member #145973
      August 20, 2013
      226 Posts
      Posted: September 16, 2014, 8:36 am - IP Logged

I usually only play Megamillions but broke my rule last week and played Powerball too. 

I think I'm getting tired of playing my own numbers.  I did win $150 the Summer of 2013 (3 numbers + Megaball) under the old matrix but it had been the first time I had played those specific numbers.  Been playing my numbers since then and gotten basically nothing.  Think I'm going to try QP for a while.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

United States
        Member #145267
        August 1, 2013
        1503 Posts
        Posted: September 16, 2014, 9:20 am - IP Logged

I have been playing my own numbers for a very long time for MM and PB.  The max that I have won is $150.00 I believe 3 times so far.  I also play quick picks and scratch-off to hopefully round out the money that I'm losing every week.  I have my doubts that my own numbers will ever come out because I now think that the lottery looks for the least played set of numbers to be the winning jackpot numbers.  How, I don't know, but I continue to play anyway.

Scratch$'s avatar - sm lottery.jpg

United States
          Member #158848
          September 5, 2014
          294 Posts
          Posted: September 16, 2014, 11:50 am - IP Logged

I play Powerball, Mega Millions and Cash 5. I play one self-pick and one quick-pick per draw. I don't play PB or MM when the pot is under $100M, nor Cash 5 when it's under $100K. Sometimes I won't play MM until it reaches $200M. I didn't like it when MM expanded their matrix, so if I decide to dump a game, MM will get the axe.

Scratchers ~ Cash 5 ~ Powerball ~ Mega Millions

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: September 16, 2014, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

I tend to play my own numbers. Sometimes I will buy a quick pick if I don't want to bother picking numbers though. I play Hot Lotto, Weekly Grand and Wild Card. I haven't played MM or PB in months.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
              Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #37433
              April 14, 2006
              2747 Posts
              Posted: September 16, 2014, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

I meant to add that I play MM & PB Mass Cash and Megabucks Doubler but I had to start my job Big Grin  . The first 2 on a consistent basis with no megapliers and powerplay and using numbers that I choose every year. I dump them after a year. And no, non of my past numbers have won anything after dumping them. Yet.

That money's gone fo ever