Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Help with Doubles Strategies

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 2 years ago by Pick3Guy.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
South Carolina
United States
Member #18322
July 9, 2005
1707 Posts
Posted: October 1, 2014, 10:26 am - IP Logged

Does anyone have any good strategies for figuring out which DOUBLES to play in either Pick 3 or Pick 4 ?? 

How can you anticipate in advance, which DOUBLES are due ???

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
    Texas
    United States
    Member #150797
    December 31, 2013
    815 Posts
    Posted: October 1, 2014, 11:32 am - IP Logged

Does anyone have any good strategies for figuring out which DOUBLES to play in either Pick 3 or Pick 4 ?? 

Well, according to WIN D there is a 62% chance that the next double will not contain either of the digits from the last double. 

Going from a single into a double:

44% of the time the double will not contain any of the digits from the preceding unmatched combo;

25% of the time the single digit in the double combo will be found in the preceding unmatched combo;

25% of the time the double digit will be found in the preceding unmatched combo; and

6% of the time both digits will repeat from the preceding unmatched combo (i.e. the double digit plus the accompanying single digit).

Hope it helps!

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
      Pittsburg, Ks
      United States
      Member #3382
      January 17, 2004
      81000 Posts
      Posted: October 1, 2014, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

I have read here on LP that 0, 4, and 7 are double triggers. Don't know if that will help but it usually happens in Kansas whenever one or all 3 are drawn. It's not all the time. One day Kansas will have a double. The nest day a single then a double. 387 was drawn last night so Kansas can expect another double within a few days if not sooner

God Bless America

US Flag

CTNY's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
        New Haven, CT - Queens, NY
        United States
        Member #98740
        October 13, 2010
        5432 Posts
        Posted: October 1, 2014, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

CTNY Pick 4 Technique.

Take a Pen and paper and start from the beginning of the month.

If you want to play from the beginning then use the previous month.

Write down all the doubles on your paper 00.11.22 etc 

Then start crossing them out as you see them hitting.

Wait till there's only a few left say 3 or 4 of them, then pounce.

So lets say 99 is due and 55 is due.

Start to create your doubles list....making sure that they all contain the low

numbers 0. 1. 2. or 1. 2. 3(which ever you like better). Make sure to utilize all

your high digits. 5.6.7.8.9

So your list will look like this...

9980. 9970. 9960. 9950

9981. 9971. 9961. 9951

9982. 9972. 9962. 9952

Now that you have the 99xx set in stone and your list(12 combos) is created...

...just find the Key digit for that day or draw and pick out that Key from off

your list!!! Ex. Key is a 5...then a you play the highlighted combos only.

Thanks to grwurston's synopsis on low numbers I came up with the idea

.Thinking of...Sun SmileyThumbs Up

The goal is to approach the Pick 3 & Pick 4 game sensibly and systematically!! Wink

I'm not like the guy who predicted the end of the world and nothing happened.

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: October 1, 2014, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

I don't know. But I know how to reduce the odds, but with a slight cost.

Below you'll see a chart of of all 1,000 possible combos. 270 of those combos are doubles. So if you only track doubles of every orientation, you now are tracking 1 in 270, instead of 1 in 1,000. The cost i mentioned earlier means the cost in between doubles when single combos show.

1 1 1 

2 2 2 

3 3 3

4 4 4

5 5 5 

6 6 6

7 7 7

8 8 8

9 9 9

P. S. I won 80 bucks tonight in Florida in the p-3. I thought I won 40 bucks, but tonight's winner was 447 and I had 474 50/50 straight/Box. I forgot doubles pay more,..lol

The clerk was honest and i gave her 5 bucks. I have never won on a double, so I was scratching my head about the win. Eventually i realized a double box pays double. DUH !!!...lol

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: October 1, 2014, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

I don't know. But I know how to reduce the odds, but with a slight cost.

Below you'll see a chart of of all 1,000 possible combos. 270 of those combos are doubles. So if you only track doubles of every orientation, you now are tracking 1 in 270, instead of 1 in 1,000. The cost i mentioned earlier means the cost in between doubles when single combos show.

1 1 1 

2 2 2 

3 3 3

4 4 4

5 5 5 

6 6 6

7 7 7

8 8 8

9 9 9

P. S. I won 80 bucks tonight in Florida in the p-3. I thought I won 40 bucks, but tonight's winner was 447 and I had 474 50/50 straight/Box. I forgot doubles pay more,..lol

The clerk was honest and i gave her 5 bucks. I have never won on a double, so I was scratching my head about the win. Eventually i realized a double box pays double. DUH !!!...lol

I forgot to mention the most intriguing part. I added a number wrong in my workout that produced 3 combos to play. I added the sum of 12...1+2=4....instead of 3 (1+2=3). So my mistake made money. 

I'm still in the hole, but the 3 events I just explained is very suspicious. The coincidences are interesting.

grwurston's avatar - 144
              Let's Go Rangers!!!
              bel air maryland
              United States
              Member #90251
              April 24, 2010
              4879 Posts
              Posted: October 2, 2014, 12:02 am - IP Logged

A few tips. For Pick 4. Double #'s are streaky, so I track whether the Dbl is an even, odd, low, high number. Not the number itself but just E,O,L,H. So if say odd, low is hitting there is only 2 Dbl's to worry about. The 11-33. Or if the Evens are hitting, you have just the even Dbl's to play.

Also in Pick 4, use the Dbl as the lowest or highest number in your set. Eg, 2237, 1156, 2588. (NOT 2557, 3669, 1449 etc.) This will occur around 75% of the time. Use a consecutive pair in your set. Either to the Dbl or not. Eg,  2237,  2278. Cons. pairs to the Dbl happens more often, about  half  the time.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

PeerGynt's avatar - nw archer.jpg
                Simi Valley, CA
                United States
                Member #156940
                July 4, 2014
                671 Posts
                Posted: October 2, 2014, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Here's a tiny little helpful bit, too: pretty much never will you see a double comprised entirely of digits that are over five plays old and older.

e.g. Right now in the CA D3, the 3 and 7 digits are both six+ plays out.  So, you'd cross the 37 doubles box off your list for the very next play.

I know it ain't much, but it's something! Big Smile

We have no dreams at all, or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way—not at all, or in an interesting manner.   -- Friedrich Nietzsche

United States
                  Member #98740
                  October 13, 2010
                  5432 Posts
                  Posted: October 2, 2014, 12:34 am - IP Logged

A few tips. For Pick 4. Double #'s are streaky, so I track whether the Dbl is an even, odd, low, high number. Not the number itself but just E,O,L,H. So if say odd, low is hitting there is only 2 Dbl's to worry about. The 11-33. Or if the Evens are hitting, you have just the even Dbl's to play.

Also in Pick 4, use the Dbl as the lowest or highest number in your set. Eg, 2237, 1156, 2588. (NOT 2557, 3669, 1449 etc.) This will occur around 75% of the time. Use a consecutive pair in your set. Either to the Dbl or not. Eg,  2237,  2278. Cons. pairs to the Dbl happens more often, about  half  the time.

I'm really liking the way you analyze the game.Thumbs UpCool

The goal is to approach the Pick 3 & Pick 4 game sensibly and systematically!! Wink

grwurston's avatar - 144
                    Let's Go Rangers!!!
                    bel air maryland
                    United States
                    Member #90251
                    April 24, 2010
                    4879 Posts
                    Posted: October 2, 2014, 12:50 am - IP Logged

I'm really liking the way you analyze the game.Thumbs UpCool

Thanks CTNY!

It's just different ways of tracking I come up with, trying to find things that happen a great amount of the time. Yes Nod

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

luckyshoes's avatar - butterfly neg.jpg
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #79502
                      September 2, 2009
                      6396 Posts
                      Posted: October 2, 2014, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

CTNY Pick 4 Technique.

Take a Pen and paper and start from the beginning of the month.

If you want to play from the beginning then use the previous month.

Write down all the doubles on your paper 00.11.22 etc 

Then start crossing them out as you see them hitting.

Wait till there's only a few left say 3 or 4 of them, then pounce.

So lets say 99 is due and 55 is due.

Start to create your doubles list....making sure that they all contain the low

numbers 0. 1. 2. or 1. 2. 3(which ever you like better). Make sure to utilize all

your high digits. 5.6.7.8.9

So your list will look like this...

9980. 9970. 9960. 9950

9981. 9971. 9961. 9951

9982. 9972. 9962. 9952

Now that you have the 99xx set in stone and your list(12 combos) is created...

...just find the Key digit for that day or draw and pick out that Key from off

your list!!! Ex. Key is a 5...then a you play the highlighted combos only.

Thanks to grwurston's synopsis on low numbers I came up with the idea

.Thinking of...Sun SmileyThumbs Up

Good technique !  I like the use of the low numbers. 

Thanks for posting.

United States
                        Member #98740
                        October 13, 2010
                        5432 Posts
                        Posted: October 2, 2014, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Good technique !  I like the use of the low numbers. 

Thanks for posting.

Not a Problem!!Wink

It's not 100% but 70-75% is better than NO% lol

United States
                          Member #155994
                          June 5, 2014
                          497 Posts
                          Posted: October 3, 2014, 12:02 am - IP Logged

I have read here on LP that 0, 4, and 7 are double triggers. Don't know if that will help but it usually happens in Kansas whenever one or all 3 are drawn. It's not all the time. One day Kansas will have a double. The nest day a single then a double. 387 was drawn last night so Kansas can expect another double within a few days if not sooner

Well, just think about what you're saying there. Does it really make any sense to think that certain digits are triggers for doubles? What reason could there be for that? Crazy

United States
                            Member #98740
                            October 13, 2010
                            5432 Posts
                            Posted: October 3, 2014, 12:48 am - IP Logged

Well, just think about what you're saying there. Does it really make any sense to think that certain digits are triggers for doubles? What reason could there be for that? Crazy

Shoot!! I believe anything can happen after witnessing that

a full moon brings 09 and a quarter moon

brings 01. Yikes!!!Oogle

Probably meant certain digits are triggers for other

single digits which can then double up

on double day.Blue Thinking

United States
                              Member #155994
                              June 5, 2014
                              497 Posts
                              Posted: October 3, 2014, 1:12 am - IP Logged

Well, there are a myriad of strategies to go about that. The problem is that they're all subjective. But, ironically, the only real(i.e. objective)strategies are ones that do not involve trying to determine what numbers are due.