Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

new NY $10 3 million supercash tickets? horrible experience today...what should i do?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 2 years ago by JackpotWanna.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ny
United States
Member #88765
March 22, 2010
319 Posts
Posted: October 1, 2014, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

hello fellow scratchers...

tried the new New York lottery $10 scratch $3million supercash ticket.

bought from #1 to #21 and only won 2 tickets for a total of $25.....wtf...? scratched them in the store chasing them tickets....so spent $210 with only $25 winners so lost $185....

#2 was $10 winner and #18 was $15 winner....a bit disgusted.....what should i do?? buy the rest of the roll tomorrow or just buy 1 or 2 if i pass by that store??

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: October 1, 2014, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

The secret is to stay in the game by taking small loses at a time. I would stop playing that game for today. Let other New Yorkers share in the loses. They print millions of tickets so cornering a big win is really really hard No Nod . Pure luck is what it is. Good luck Thumbs Up

That money's gone fo ever

New York
      United States
      Member #157288
      July 14, 2014
      170 Posts
      Posted: October 1, 2014, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

My opinion of NY Lottery is low and getting lower by the day.

They removed the winners atlas

They don't update the winners section

They don't give press releases on all their winners 

The top prize report is not accurate

the 1 million a year for life jackpot tickets seem to be time released and they refuse to respond to my FOIL requests about how many tickets they have sold thus far

they appear to have rushed out the 1,500 a week for life jackpots because of the poor game instructions

they appear to be holding back the 2,500 a week for life jackpots. There hasn't been a winner in over a year despite the popular $5 price point and it being in several sweepstakes for free giveaway tickets

they removed silver spectacular from the website before the summer but a jackpot winner was purchased in August

And as a fan of The Walking Dead thier new game disgusts me...

ny
        United States
        Member #88765
        March 22, 2010
        319 Posts
        Posted: October 1, 2014, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

i definitely understand what you mean...but ive bought a few rolls in the past and the return is at least around 40% or above...and to get only $25 after spending $210....lol....also the new tickets should be good!!!! the $3million supercash just became released today...i guess ill take a rest today and see what happens tomorrow.

United States
          Member #147165
          September 24, 2013
          507 Posts
          Posted: October 1, 2014, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

I have experienced a similar result with California Lottery $10 scratch offs in the past, except I got 1 break even prize out of 20 tickets for a loss of $190. Another time 2 $15 winners out of 20 tickets. If you decide to play any game in any state lottery, these type of results happen once in a while.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
            NY
            United States
            Member #121961
            January 21, 2012
            3157 Posts
            Posted: October 1, 2014, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

I bought 1 NY 5$ scratcher in the past month because their so bad in my area I lost interest in them. When I see a stack of scratched 25$ tickets laying by the machine it's a sign to save your $$..

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22944 Posts
              Posted: October 2, 2014, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

hello fellow scratchers...

tried the new New York lottery $10 scratch $3million supercash ticket.

bought from #1 to #21 and only won 2 tickets for a total of $25.....wtf...? scratched them in the store chasing them tickets....so spent $210 with only $25 winners so lost $185....

#2 was $10 winner and #18 was $15 winner....a bit disgusted.....what should i do?? buy the rest of the roll tomorrow or just buy 1 or 2 if i pass by that store??

omg..

how many tickets on your $10 rolls?
              I'm sick for you.

I'd leave that bad experience behind you. I would not be surprised if someone came in after you and got a good
              one. I always suspected after winning $100 $500 or $1,000 on a ticket that the rest were going to be junk.
              I like buying one from multiple places and can't understand buying 21 at one store, I'd need to knock my head
              against the wall. Oh well everyone has their way to play so be it.

IF someone came in after you and snagged the 'good' one, do you really want to go back tomorrow and do it again
              and be sick all over again?
              I think I'd try something else.
              I'll bet a good winner was in the slot/bin right next to what you were playing. I've seen it happen.
              One guy was so pissed one day he was hogging one slot to himself, he didn't stand more than 1 foot away from the
              machine so he could scratch quick and put some more money in when he lost. I thought have at it jerk and bought
              the one next to it, scratched it and got $100...not much but at the point he was at, $100 would have been a
              happy catch for him.

I'd move on - that's my opinion - do what you want though and whatever it is, good luck.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

ny
                United States
                Member #88765
                March 22, 2010
                319 Posts
                Posted: October 5, 2014, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

omg..

how many tickets on your $10 rolls?
                I'm sick for you.

I'd leave that bad experience behind you. I would not be surprised if someone came in after you and got a good
                one. I always suspected after winning $100 $500 or $1,000 on a ticket that the rest were going to be junk.
                I like buying one from multiple places and can't understand buying 21 at one store, I'd need to knock my head
                against the wall. Oh well everyone has their way to play so be it.

IF someone came in after you and snagged the 'good' one, do you really want to go back tomorrow and do it again
                and be sick all over again?
                I think I'd try something else.
                I'll bet a good winner was in the slot/bin right next to what you were playing. I've seen it happen.
                One guy was so pissed one day he was hogging one slot to himself, he didn't stand more than 1 foot away from the
                machine so he could scratch quick and put some more money in when he lost. I thought have at it jerk and bought
                the one next to it, scratched it and got $100...not much but at the point he was at, $100 would have been a
                happy catch for him.

I'd move on - that's my opinion - do what you want though and whatever it is, good luck.

its 50 tickets on the $10 rolls in New York

I went back the next day and bought only 1 ticket #23 it was a $25 winner...i did plan to buy the rest of the roll but my gut feeling just told me to stop...maybe cause i was frustrated from scratching....lol...i will probably go back tomorrow and buy a few tickets.

its a very nice feeling when you spend over a few hundred bucks scratching tickets at the store hating yourself thinking why you wasted all that money but the last few tickets you can afford ends up with a winner that breaks even....or ending up leaving with more money then you came in with. haha but i guess its a better feeling when you only bring home a few tickets and they all win.

i guess the best strategy is not to chase tickets but to play the least......

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
                  Member #4121
                  March 23, 2004
                  817 Posts
                  Posted: October 14, 2014, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

First double check your losers with the scanners.  I missed many winners  if it wasn't for the scanners.