Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

To what extremes would you go...

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 2 years ago by maringoman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #140884
March 29, 2013
45 Posts
Posted: October 3, 2014, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

To retrieve a lost big winning ticket?

every now and then I read a story of someone throwing a big winning lottery ticket, then combing through the county dump to find the ticket.  I've also read of someone trying to get their congressman to sponsor a special bill that would have helped them be declared the winner even without the ticket...something about they had some way of proving he had purchased the ticket just didn't have the ticket

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: October 3, 2014, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

I would go to Hell and back to retrieve my lost lottery ticket if it was a winner.

I really don't like the idea of people being awarded the money in the absence of the ticket. People like Mirlande Wilson would have a field day with that.  But I also think if a winning ticket is not claimed then the lottery should award it to lucky players via a second chance promo in which you just have to enter codes of the tickets you play or mail-in your non winning tickets to enter the draw. The state shouldn't keep that money.

That money's gone fo ever