Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

California 2nd chance question.

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 2 years ago by TinkerMazell.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #142157
May 4, 2013
62 Posts
Posted: October 8, 2014, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

I'm strictly a MM player but have found quite a few different lottery tickets thrown in the street because they were losers.  My question is does anybody else pick these tickets up off the ground and enter them the 2nd-chance?  I know I'm not the only one.  Hoping one day I win a draw off someone else loss.

val215's avatar - disney04
    Los Angeles County
    United States
    Member #151160
    January 8, 2014
    2 Posts
    Posted: October 8, 2014, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Disney Yes I do, and some have been winners!

United States
      Member #142157
      May 4, 2013
      62 Posts
      Posted: October 8, 2014, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

Disney Yes I do, and some have been winners!

Nice!  Any wins on the 2nd chance or just found a winner on the ground?

val215's avatar - disney04
        Los Angeles County
        United States
        Member #151160
        January 8, 2014
        2 Posts
        Posted: October 8, 2014, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

Nice!  Any wins on the 2nd chance or just found a winner on the ground?

They were winners on the ground. In the 2nd chance I have had no luck.

United States
          Member #142157
          May 4, 2013
          62 Posts
          Posted: October 8, 2014, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

They were winners on the ground. In the 2nd chance I have had no luck.

Oh I see.  Well good luck on the 2nd chance,  hope you find some more winners on the ground Dance

Epistrophy's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            San Diego, CA
            United States
            Member #112369
            June 17, 2011
            187 Posts
            Posted: October 9, 2014, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

That was my winning ticket on the ground and I want it back.  I was up in that area and dropped it, yeah, that's the ticket.

You raised a good point, KillerDemo, and that is what would happen if you hit a 2nd chance draw (which could be either $1K or $10K) from a ticket you found on the ground.

I wonder whether the lotto commission would spend the time and energy examining the ticket, where it was purchased originally, the videotape of the purchase, etc. the way they do for a large grand prize.

So would you just get the ten grand no questions asked, or would there be a "third-degree" room where they grill you about the origins of the ticket?

It's an interesting question.

United States
              Member #142157
              May 4, 2013
              62 Posts
              Posted: October 9, 2014, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

That was my winning ticket on the ground and I want it back.  I was up in that area and dropped it, yeah, that's the ticket.

You raised a good point, KillerDemo, and that is what would happen if you hit a 2nd chance draw (which could be either $1K or $10K) from a ticket you found on the ground.

I wonder whether the lotto commission would spend the time and energy examining the ticket, where it was purchased originally, the videotape of the purchase, etc. the way they do for a large grand prize.

So would you just get the ten grand no questions asked, or would there be a "third-degree" room where they grill you about the origins of the ticket?

Actually I'm in 2nd chance draws bigger than 10K,  I have the tripling crosswords 2nd chance draw for 30k,  and the california lucky for life $1 dollar ticket,  2nd chance on that is 375K

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #37433
                April 14, 2006
                2747 Posts
                Posted: October 10, 2014, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

I don't know about California but many store clerks in MA never bother to scan scratch tickets whenever I buy any from behind the counter. So it means they can't tell exactly when the ticket was bought. Besides they would rather pay off the bearer of the ticket and publicize the news to attract more dreamers than create a circus that will just cost them more money.

That money's gone fo ever

TinkerMazell's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                  Augusta, Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #127854
                  May 10, 2012
                  81 Posts
                  Posted: October 11, 2014, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

A lottery ticket is a "bearers instrument", which means it belongs to who ever has it in their possession.  That is why it is so important to sign it.  If your signature is on it, it is no longer a bearers instrument. As far as second chance games, my signature says it all ;-)

I am a $20,000 winner from a Georgia Lottery scratch off game called "$3,000,000 Taxes Paid"!