Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

"The Kiss"

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 2 years ago by collegem$.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
collegem$'s avatar - ts
Disney Land
United States
Member #92265
June 3, 2010
6859 Posts
Posted: October 22, 2014, 3:05 am - IP Logged

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2011/08/elvis-kiss-201108

“The Kiss”—as the photograph is sometimes called—is in fact the most enduring of the 3,800 exposures that photographer Al Wertheimer made of Elvis Presley, many of the best taken during a two-day period in June 1956. While chronicling the rock prince on the threshold of becoming the King, Wertheimer, then 26, famously caught Elvis on the road and at his home in Memphis with his family and entourage. But that prize frame has become one of the classics in the rock-photography canon: Elvis, in a stairwell at the Mosque Theatre in Richmond, Virginia, minutes before a concert, darting a mischievous tongue toward the deliciously reciprocating mouth of a mysterious girl in black.

Many have compared the picture to another moment snapped 11 years before: Alfred Eisenstaedt’s 1945 “V-J Day in Times Square,” shot for Life, of a sailor and a nurse spontaneously embracing the day World War II ended. But while both images have remained photographic whodunits for decades, nearly 20 people have come forward now and again, purporting to be the subjects in the Times Square shot. In contrast, no one has ever emerged with a legitimate claim as Elvis’s blonde. And with good reason. In the photo, her features are largely obscured. And to make matters more difficult, Elvis, throughout his career, was known to have had scores of dates and trysts with fans and companions.

Method 1: 9-2-8

Method 2: 2-5-8
Method 3: 5-7-6
Method 4: 5-4-4
Method 5: 2-7-7
Method 6: 6-0-1

Method 1:  3-8-0-0

Method 2:  3-1-5-9 flip / 6
Method 3:  9-3-8-9
Method 4:  0-8-6-4
Method 5:  5-6-6-9
Method 6:  0-1-7-2

Famed Elvis photographer Alfred Wertheimer

other:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2014/10/21/famed-elvis-photographer-alfred-wertheimer-has-died/17673641/

Priscilla Presley, Elvis' ex-wife, said Tuesday that no photographer was able to get as close up and personal with Elvis ever again.

"Elvis keeps me young," Wertheimer told USA TODAY in an interview in 2010. "Every time I pore over those negatives, I discover something new."

Wear cute pajamas to bed...because you never know who you will meet in your dreams.

MystiQue470's avatar - spiderlady numerology-01.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #137241
    December 30, 2012
    15824 Posts
    Posted: October 22, 2014, 3:50 am - IP Logged

826x   1726,  926x

8, 13, 17, 26, 33, 31, 47, 88, 99

collegem$'s avatar - ts
      Disney Land
      United States
      Member #92265
      June 3, 2010
      6859 Posts
      Posted: October 23, 2014, 9:20 am - IP Logged

826x   1726,  926x

8, 13, 17, 26, 33, 31, 47, 88, 99

MystiQue470

Thank you for posting.

The rare frame of the infamous two-day tryst.

Mr. Alfred Wertheimer thought to himself he could get fired - but instead he found a way to get closer for the shot.

Wertheimer remembers, “I asked myself, Do I interrupt these love birds, or do I leave them alone? I finally thought, What the heck? The worst that can happen is that he’ll ask me to leave.”

Ark:2680

PA:7216

Washington DC 6228

Wear cute pajamas to bed...because you never know who you will meet in your dreams.

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
        LAS VEGAS
        United States
        Member #47729
        November 22, 2006
        4500 Posts
        Posted: October 23, 2014, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

“The Kiss”—as the photograph is sometimes called—is in fact the most enduring of the 3,800 exposures that photographer Al Wertheimer made of Elvis Presley, many of the best taken during a two-day period in June 1956. While chronicling the rock prince on the threshold of becoming the King, Wertheimer, then 26, famously caught Elvis on the road and at his home in Memphis with his family and entourage. But that prize frame has become one of the classics in the rock-photography canon: Elvis, in a stairwell at the Mosque Theatre in Richmond, Virginia, minutes before a concert, darting a mischievous tongue toward the deliciously reciprocating mouth of a mysterious girl in black.

Many have compared the picture to another moment snapped 11 years before: Alfred Eisenstaedt’s 1945 “V-J Day in Times Square,” shot for Life, of a sailor and a nurse spontaneously embracing the day World War II ended. But while both images have remained photographic whodunits for decades, nearly 20 people have come forward now and again, purporting to be the subjects in the Times Square shot. In contrast, no one has ever emerged with a legitimate claim as Elvis’s blonde. And with good reason. In the photo, her features are largely obscured. And to make matters more difficult, Elvis, throughout his career, was known to have had scores of dates and trysts with fans and companions.

other:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2014/10/21/famed-elvis-photographer-alfred-wertheimer-has-died/17673641/

Priscilla Presley, Elvis' ex-wife, said Tuesday that no photographer was able to get as close up and personal with Elvis ever again.

"Elvis keeps me young," Wertheimer told USA TODAY in an interview in 2010. "Every time I pore over those negatives, I discover something new."

Outstanding pictures collegem$ of extraordinary people captured in film & memories forever

EP @ Las Vegas Hilton is a landmark, all by himself, w/effigy statue  that all visitors take pictures with but that captured Wertheimer Love Me Tender "KISS" sadly does not exist here in that collection.

The Times Square shot embedded in our deepest memory banks of WW 11 makes this Victory couple Immortals

The only numbers I can attribute to these is Pi

Thanks for the happy times memories......

Good Weekend Wishes All

Eddessa_Knight

collegem$'s avatar - ts
          Disney Land
          United States
          Member #92265
          June 3, 2010
          6859 Posts
          Posted: October 24, 2014, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Outstanding pictures collegem$ of extraordinary people captured in film & memories forever

EP @ Las Vegas Hilton is a landmark, all by himself, w/effigy statue  that all visitors take pictures with but that captured Wertheimer Love Me Tender "KISS" sadly does not exist here in that collection.

The Times Square shot embedded in our deepest memory banks of WW 11 makes this Victory couple Immortals

The only numbers I can attribute to these is Pi

Thanks for the happy times memories......

Good Weekend Wishes All

Eddessa_Knight

Grilled Cheese 20 Cents by Alfred WertheimerWhite Shoes

and Grilled Cheese at .20 cents

Double Exposure by Alfred Wertheimer

Double Exposure

You are welcome.

Eddessaknight

collegem$'s avatar - ts
            Disney Land
            United States
            Member #92265
            June 3, 2010
            6859 Posts
            Posted: October 24, 2014, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

"Alfred Wertheimer always used to say, 'If your pictures are boring, get closer.' And he lived up to that rule, getting inside Elvis's world like no other photographer ever could," said Nina Wiener, co-editor of the Taschen book.

collegem$'s avatar - ts
              Disney Land
              United States
              Member #92265
              June 3, 2010
              6859 Posts
              Posted: October 24, 2014, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

other:

Oregon

7pm

Congratulations.

collegem$'s avatar - ts
                Disney Land
                United States
                Member #92265
                June 3, 2010
                6859 Posts
                Posted: October 27, 2014, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

other:

http://www.elvisblog.net/2011/08/20/al-wertheimer-reflects-on-photographing-the-kiss/

I move in three or four feet, I take another shot. And then I go Hollywood.  I say, “Well, this is not too good an angle.  I can get a better angle than that.”  So, I climb up on the handrail, and now I’m three feet away from them.  Elvis is up against the wall while she is sort of in his arms.

And now I’m clicking away and they still don’t see me.  Totally oblivious to me.  I now get courage, so now I’m doing like acrobatics with my legs, leaning forward.  I’m practically on top of their heads.

SC:8300 10272014 night

bestresult32's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  south carolina
                  United States
                  Member #125608
                  March 30, 2012
                  9852 Posts
                  Posted: October 27, 2014, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

http://www.elvisblog.net/2011/08/20/al-wertheimer-reflects-on-photographing-the-kiss/

I move in three or four feet, I take another shot. And then I go Hollywood.  I say, “Well, this is not too good an angle.  I can get a better angle than that.”  So, I climb up on the handrail, and now I’m three feet away from them.  Elvis is up against the wall while she is sort of in his arms.

And now I’m clicking away and they still don’t see me.  Totally oblivious to me.  I now get courage, so now I’m doing like acrobatics with my legs, leaning forward.  I’m practically on top of their heads.

SC:8300 10272014 night

Ooohhhhh....my goodness the winning number right under my nose. AWESOME WORK!!!Thumbs Up

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” ~Helen Keller

collegem$'s avatar - ts
                    Disney Land
                    United States
                    Member #92265
                    June 3, 2010
                    6859 Posts
                    Posted: October 27, 2014, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

Ooohhhhh....my goodness the winning number right under my nose. AWESOME WORK!!!Thumbs Up

Bestresult32,

Thank you.

Something gave me the idea that it was going Double Exposure.

Don’t know how the sum 11 is going to leave SC but that can bring a 25 sum or root 7.

I could not help notice how SC and Texas played that 505x

You as 9505 Texas 5058 …Watching what might come out of that.

5088 3300 5811 5881 3301

south carolina
                      United States
                      Member #125608
                      March 30, 2012
                      9852 Posts
                      Posted: October 27, 2014, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

Bestresult32,

Thank you.

Don’t know how the sum 11 is going to leave SC but that can bring a 25 sum or root 7.

5088 3300 5811 5881 3301

Thnx Dear, hopefully I don't allow this to slip by me. GL

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” ~Helen Keller

south carolina
                        United States
                        Member #125608
                        March 30, 2012
                        9852 Posts
                        Posted: October 28, 2014, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Bestresult32,

Thank you.

5088 3300 5811 5881 3301

SC 1600 mid root 7 as you stated, play the wrong ones. You are good.

collegem$'s avatar - ts
                          Disney Land
                          United States
                          Member #92265
                          June 3, 2010
                          6859 Posts
                          Posted: October 28, 2014, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

SC 1600 mid root 7 as you stated, play the wrong ones. You are good.

Bestresult32,

Thank you.

Saw your repeater on the (3rd time?)night side. We took your 7739 combo from mid-October…

Wondering if you go root 7/ root 4 again…or do you need a three sum?

3019/0124 like this if you go sum 13/root 4/7 once more. 

Maybe it will bounce into your week here and there.

south carolina
                            United States
                            Member #125608
                            March 30, 2012
                            9852 Posts
                            Posted: October 28, 2014, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

Bestresult32,

Thank you.

Saw your repeater on the (3rd time?)night side. We took your 7739 combo from mid-October…

Wondering if you go root 7/ root 4 again…or do you need a three sum?

3019/0124 like this if you go sum 13/root 4/7 once more. 

Maybe it will bounce into your week here and there.

Three sum??? Maybe I need more, I'll take your 13 sum please, adding 0472. GLROFL

Sc
                              United States
                              Member #153679
                              March 22, 2014
                              2418 Posts
                              Posted: October 29, 2014, 6:22 am - IP Logged

I can't believe we did have a third time repeat of the 5431.  And the 1600.  I, too, did not play the 1600 sum 7 either.  Do you think this a sign for a quad?  And thank you collegem for the great insight on the numbers!  Any help you can give is appreciated!