Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scratch offs

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 2 years ago by CDanaT.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Where do you scratch your scratch off ticket?

Inside the store. [ 12 ]  [18.75%]
Outside the store. [ 3 ]  [4.69%]
Car [ 17 ]  [26.56%]
Home [ 28 ]  [43.75%]
Park [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Library [ 2 ]  [3.12%]
Friend's House [ 1 ]  [1.56%]
School [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
None of your business. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
None of the above. [ 1 ]  [1.56%]
Total Valid Votes [ 64 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
Member #4121
March 23, 2004
817 Posts
Posted: October 27, 2014, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I usually scratch them inside the store but thinking that is not a good idea.  Now I bring them home to scratch them cause of safety reasons.

PA
    United States
    Member #129849
    June 29, 2012
    308 Posts
    Posted: October 31, 2014, 9:24 am - IP Logged

I usually play them inside the store or at home, inside the store can be a little dangerous for me. It's a lot easier for me to spend more money when I'm there and i'm scratching. If I play a few, and I lose it's way to easy for me to get into the mindset that a winner has to be comming.

So usually, I just buy a few and leave. That way I'm at home and not as tempted. However, if I buy like say four or more of the same kind of ticket and I don't hit then I'm tempted to go back to the store and play them one at a time (if no one else is around and I can do that) to try just a few more to see if that deccent winner is lurking behind all those duds in a row.

NY
      United States
      Member #147453
      October 2, 2013
      239 Posts
      Posted: November 1, 2014, 10:13 am - IP Logged

I dont like scatching in the car,gets all the shavings everywhere. Plus the back and forth motion looks like im fapping.

Olney, MD
        United States
        Member #121536
        January 11, 2012
        450 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2014, 11:00 am - IP Logged

I dont like scatching in the car,gets all the shavings everywhere. Plus the back and forth motion looks like im fapping.

I thought I was weird for it but I had the same concern.  That's why I would scratch tickets over the armrest in the car.  I try not to scratch tickets in the car because I noticed a few of the little flecks of the sparkly tickets stick to my leather seats and I can't get them off.

Saint Petersburg
          United States
          Member #151352
          January 15, 2014
          141 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2014, 11:24 am - IP Logged

I checked the "Inside the store" option although I mainly scratch mines at home these days. Dang, that didn't sound right lol But the temptation to buy more usually always wins whenever scratching in or near the store. So I just buy a couple tickets and hope for the best when I arrive home. But even being at home won't stop the urge to go back out to cash any winnings I may have and purchase some more. Plus you have to cash them somewhere anyhow. I'd rather do it while I'm in the area and hope to have enough common sense to know when to quit. Definitely easier said than done haha!!!

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
            Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #37433
            April 14, 2006
            2747 Posts
            Posted: November 1, 2014, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

98% of the time is at home.

2% of the time is at the car.

Never at the store.

That money's gone fo ever

uprrman's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
              harvard,il
              United States
              Member #96756
              September 4, 2010
              2430 Posts
              Posted: November 2, 2014, 11:06 am - IP Logged

98% of the time is at home.

2% of the time is at the car.

Never at the store.

i scratch mine at home.

i want to be a millionaire a second time!

south el monte
                United States
                Member #154982
                May 4, 2014
                64 Posts
                Posted: November 3, 2014, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

at home. Except when I need something to do for awhile and  I'm on the road I'll buy a few xwords or bingos to kill time. Other then that number match games always.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: November 3, 2014, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

I don't buy scratch off tickets very often, but when I do I scratch them off at home.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Lexington, SC
                    United States
                    Member #153877
                    March 28, 2014
                    79 Posts
                    Posted: November 17, 2014, 12:24 am - IP Logged

I always scratch at home, even when I go over to the neighboring state of Georgia and buy tickets from time to time.  From my experience, the people I see at the counter or off to the side scratching tickets feverishly then going back to buy more don't look like upstanding citizens of the county (and in some instances don't smell like it) so I don't want to be remotely associated with those guys so I always buy my tickets and go.  Not to mention, I'm not the kind of person that has an insatiable urge to scratch my tickets as soon as I get them.  There are times when I go a few days before I even touch them.

Gleno's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #80354
                      September 25, 2009
                      705 Posts
                      Posted: November 21, 2014, 7:30 am - IP Logged

Interesting fact that sometimes folks discard small winning tickets without cashing them in. Think they are in such a rush to find the big jackpot ticket that they bypass these small prizes.

In other instances found winning tickets that were cashed out and left lying around which seems that some store personnel are not properly following lottery procedures.

Anyone have similar experiences?

What?

pcurtis's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                        fayetteville tn
                        United States
                        Member #68983
                        January 3, 2009
                        1829 Posts
                        Posted: December 17, 2014, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Car

Tn lottery sucks

United States
                          Member #154236
                          April 8, 2014
                          1431 Posts
                          Posted: January 15, 2015, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

In the car while driving LOL!!  Is that better than texting while driving???   I don't do that often.  I usually only buy scratch offs once a month when the new tickets come out.  Usually on the run and curious so while driving I will only scratch off "the prize shown" above the numbers to see if there is a instant win symbol. .  If no symbol shown I usually wait until I get home to match the numbers which I have very little hope.  Most of my scratch off wins usually have a symbol involved.  The only time I can remember hitting big on numbers was on a 20.00 scratchy when every winning number up top was represented in the playing field several times.   I believe I won 500.00 and no I did not scratch that one while driving.

FiveXChamps's avatar - Lottery-003.jpg
                            High Point, NC
                            United States
                            Member #133621
                            October 4, 2012
                            58 Posts
                            Posted: February 4, 2015, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Interesting fact that sometimes folks discard small winning tickets without cashing them in. Think they are in such a rush to find the big jackpot ticket that they bypass these small prizes.

In other instances found winning tickets that were cashed out and left lying around which seems that some store personnel are not properly following lottery procedures.

Anyone have similar experiences?

What?

I get them out of the trash cans inside (if they are laying on top, I don't rummage) to enter online for points to entry NCEL cash drawings. When entering duds it will pop up 'ticket not recognized' and that means its a winner. I found  $100 on a $20 ticket (bonus area left unscratched), $30 on a 20, in all over $250 right out of the garage can. It is absolutely amazing.

Also, I play a lot of times at lunch in the car and it does make a heck of a mess. I prefer playing at home.

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
                              Chicago,IL.
                              United States
                              Member #2902
                              November 29, 2003
                              1424 Posts
                              Posted: February 12, 2015, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

I love the people who scratch them in their cars and every time they win something they come back into the store and buy more tickets and after they've run out of luck they drive off into the sunset or peel off into the night.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"