Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Upset 711 Employee

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 2 years ago by lottobrain.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
ORLANDO, FLORIDA
United States
Member #4924
June 3, 2004
5893 Posts
Posted: October 31, 2014, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

No one placed a gun to his head and demanded he work at 711.

A betslip is an option given to lottery players.

If I was his boss and  saw him deterring my customers I'd be displeased.

Bad for business.No No However I do fill out slips because I'm not into yelling. lol

No, it is not an option, it is the preferred way the lottery wants it done. Every Publix store where I shop has a sign on the Lottery machine that states," Please fill out Play Slips." There is an older person that comes in the store and I think his eyesight is bad. He is the only person, who plays a lot of numbers, calls them off to the teller. I don't object to that, but when I see a young whippersnapper calling off numbers and keeps screwing up the numbers. Then the clerk has to keep re-entering them, I get very irritated.

Something to think about, I don't know if this is the same in other states. But, in Florida, they have time limits on which a ticket can be exchanged, if there is a mistake. You must exchange the ticket in the same store , you purchased the ticket. Fill out the play slips and save the clerks and you headaches. I fill them out at home.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: October 31, 2014, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

To the OP I disagree with the clerk giving you an attitude but I agree with him telling you to fill out betslips. Unless you're doing quick picks,  it's only fair to fill out the bet slips...epecially when doing 20 lines at a time

That money's gone fo ever

Rman313's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      Romulus,MI
      United States
      Member #142372
      May 10, 2013
      2330 Posts
      Posted: October 31, 2014, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

SmileYeah thats what I will do the next time I guess. I do play a lot of selections.

You can do anything if you put your mind into it. The sky is the limit! Cool

New York
        United States
        Member #103600
        January 4, 2011
        3984 Posts
        Posted: October 31, 2014, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I fill out play slips as it seems no matter where I played the clerks would make a mistake- no matter the number of plays, frequent errors. At present, I only use clerks for options the play slips do not offer (i.e., instant win or pairs) and they get those wrong a lot (wrong numbers, evening instead of midday, 50c instead of $1, box instead of str8, et al.). It amazes me. Play at your own risk.

CTNY's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          New Haven, CT - Queens, NY
          United States
          Member #98740
          October 13, 2010
          5432 Posts
          Posted: October 31, 2014, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

No, it is not an option, it is the preferred way the lottery wants it done. Every Publix store where I shop has a sign on the Lottery machine that states," Please fill out Play Slips." There is an older person that comes in the store and I think his eyesight is bad. He is the only person, who plays a lot of numbers, calls them off to the teller. I don't object to that, but when I see a young whippersnapper calling off numbers and keeps screwing up the numbers. Then the clerk has to keep re-entering them, I get very irritated.

Something to think about, I don't know if this is the same in other states. But, in Florida, they have time limits on which a ticket can be exchanged, if there is a mistake. You must exchange the ticket in the same store , you purchased the ticket. Fill out the play slips and save the clerks and you headaches. I fill them out at home.

No, it is not an option, it is the preferred way the lottery wants it done.

Well if it's preferred, then wouldn't that be an option to the player?Confused

In NY and CT that's definitely not mandatory.

Most stores in Queens and BK don't even have betslips for

10 digit games. I have to special request them. 

lol @ whippersnapper

The goal is to approach the Pick 3 & Pick 4 game sensibly and systematically!! Wink

I'm not like the guy who predicted the end of the world and nothing happened.

United States
            Member #145267
            August 1, 2013
            1492 Posts
            Posted: October 31, 2014, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

I agree with the cashier, put your numbers on a slip/card.  It goes a lot faster when there are other people waiting.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: October 31, 2014, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Calling out 20 Pick 3/4 numbers is a lot. I think it would be a lot easier and faster for you and the clerk just to use playslips. Plus, you can make sure that there is no mistakes and you get your numbers.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19817 Posts
                Posted: November 1, 2014, 12:02 am - IP Logged

Nope I dont see anythng wrong with that. He is there to do a job and there isnt a rule saying he cant  enter them plus the store wasnt busy at the time.

Your idea of what his job is may be different than what his boss thinks.  The owner of the local Speedway gas station instructed his clerks to to tell customers to fill out play slips for everything other than QPs.  He doesn't want them spending anymore time with lottery tickets than is necessary.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10345 Posts
                  Posted: November 1, 2014, 12:51 am - IP Logged

The lotto outlets where I live got tired of it and put signs up that say if you're playing more than three numbers for Pick 3/4 fill out a playslip.

Stops a lot of strokers from giving the clerks a hard time.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #129225
                    June 13, 2012
                    546 Posts
                    Posted: November 1, 2014, 6:51 am - IP Logged

I have to agree I am in "fill out your playslip" camp.  I don't know of any store that would put 20 lines manually into the machine and its not fair for anyone waiting behind you. 

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                      Pittsburg, Ks
                      United States
                      Member #3382
                      January 17, 2004
                      80679 Posts
                      Posted: November 1, 2014, 11:02 am - IP Logged

Sometimes I get a quick pick using a play slip. It is faster for the clerk that way and I'not standing around waiting for the clerk to punch in my numbers. i want to get my numbers and get out.I also fill ot my play  slips at home. Now I have made mistakes on my play slip and when the clerk puts in the terminal it spits it back telling the clerk there are to many numbers. This is for Pick 3. The other day I filled out and it was only for 1 number with the multi draw. When I gave the clerk my slip she put in the machine and I think it spit it back out because there wasn't enough numbers. The problem was with me. I had Exact Order. I marked multi draw. I marked wager. But i forgot to put in my 3 numbers which were 333

God Bless America

US Flag

Rman313's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                        Romulus,MI
                        United States
                        Member #142372
                        May 10, 2013
                        2330 Posts
                        Posted: November 1, 2014, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

SmileWhat I do is write them down on my notepad from work and pass it onto the clerk. But will start filling slips like did when I played MM and PB.

You can do anything if you put your mind into it. The sky is the limit! Cool

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                          Member #142499
                          May 13, 2013
                          1182 Posts
                          Posted: November 1, 2014, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Rman, there are two separate issues here that make you both wrong. No matter what, you are a customer so the clerk had no right to be rude and give you an attitude. That's where he was definitely wrong. He should have been reported for that.

You were wrong to assume calling out, or giving 20 sets of numbers is okay. Even if the store wasn't busy, he may have had other responsibilities to see to not to mention who would have been held responsible if he messed up any of the numbers. If you're already writing the numbers down, then yeah, go ahead and fill the slips out. It would take the same amount of time.

In many stores in FL and GA, they don't care if it's one number or 20,  anything other than QPs requires you to fill out a slip. They've had to put up signs to that effect in Publix and Kroger because customers didn't listen when the clerks told them to fill out the slips. Requiring slips is definitely a decision coming from the company's higher ups, not from the clerks. But the rudeness is coming solely from the clerk. I'd have nipped that in the bud.

CTNY's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                            New Haven, CT - Queens, NY
                            United States
                            Member #98740
                            October 13, 2010
                            5432 Posts
                            Posted: November 1, 2014, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Rman, there are two separate issues here that make you both wrong. No matter what, you are a customer so the clerk had no right to be rude and give you an attitude. That's where he was definitely wrong. He should have been reported for that.

You were wrong to assume calling out, or giving 20 sets of numbers is okay. Even if the store wasn't busy, he may have had other responsibilities to see to not to mention who would have been held responsible if he messed up any of the numbers. If you're already writing the numbers down, then yeah, go ahead and fill the slips out. It would take the same amount of time.

In many stores in FL and GA, they don't care if it's one number or 20,  anything other than QPs requires you to fill out a slip. They've had to put up signs to that effect in Publix and Kroger because customers didn't listen when the clerks told them to fill out the slips. Requiring slips is definitely a decision coming from the company's higher ups, not from the clerks. But the rudeness is coming solely from the clerk. I'd have nipped that in the bud.

who would have been held responsible if he messed up any of the numbers.

A clerk and I at a gas station in CT was witness to the machine reading my betslip wrong.

It just wouldn't stop reading it wrong. So I said "look eff it" and had no choice but to yell the few numbers I had.

It happened again in queens when I brought in my slips and the machine was malfunctioning, misprinting and spitting

out blank tickets slips etc. I even got into it with an elderly woman for the machine's mistake because she thought I was taking too long.

They're still machines at the end of the day and can make the same mistakes a clerk would make.

The goal is to approach the Pick 3 & Pick 4 game sensibly and systematically!! Wink

I'm not like the guy who predicted the end of the world and nothing happened.

lottobrain's avatar - box
                              Smyrna, DE
                              United States
                              Member #10074
                              January 1, 2005
                              125 Posts
                              Posted: November 1, 2014, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

I buy a lot of my day numbers at a Dunkin Doughnuts gas station store, usually early in the morning, but sometimes at noon. Recently at noon I wanted to get a couple of numbers and a woman was ahead of me that plays $50-$100 worth of numbers at a time and she doesn't use cards. She had given the clerk a stack of numbers about 3/4 of an inch thick and asked him to check them in the machine for her...and he was doing it!  They have a ticket checking machine there, but she was too lazy to use it. I had to leave and go to another store to get my tickets.